ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 43
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs signing CB DeAndre Baker to practice squad
pugsnotdrugs19 05:51 PM 11-16-2020
I’ve seen this in a couple spots now, it’s early but here’s this from a NYP journalist... https://twitter.com/nypost_schwartz/...959128576?s=21

Originally Posted by :
Giants are not in on DeAndre Baker.
Teams interested: Chiefs, Bengals, 49ers and Jaguars.
This would obviously be a hell of a low risk/high reward move that makes so much sense for a team destined to pick in the 30s.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:07 PM 11-16-2020
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Honestly I could see the Chiefs taking a WR if the right one falls in the first
We may lose Watkins and Robinson so it's very possible.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:09 PM 11-16-2020
WR makes a lot of sense if they are comfortable with Hardman playing a full time role as the ‘Zebra’/slot position. Then you go grab an X in the draft and allow him to develop at a fair pace.
[Reply]
Kiimo 09:12 PM 11-16-2020
My dream is DeVonta Smith falling for some reason
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 09:13 PM 11-16-2020
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.big...raft-ny-giants
[Reply]
Kiimo 09:18 PM 11-16-2020
Dale Carter wasn't acing many tests, lol at being too dumb to play CB
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 09:24 PM 11-16-2020
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Dale Carter wasn't acing many tests, lol at being too dumb to play CB
Dale Carter was an athletic freak in fact the most gifted player which includes Derrick Thomas that both Herm & Marty ever coached
[Reply]
Stryker 09:25 PM 11-16-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Eric Fisher is in his prime and playing better than he has throughout his entire career. Schwartz has had some injury issues but unless he decides to retire, I don't see the Chiefs spending a high draft pick on a guy that's projected to sit on the bench for a while.

I can see them adding a guard and center after the 2nd round but I'd be surprised to see them spend premium picks on offensive lineman, not only because of his draft history but also because he just won a Super Bowl with a 6th round guard, a 7th round center and like their 6th Left Guard, who was picked up off the street late last season.

It should be clear to anyone that's followed the Chiefs since 2013 that Reid does not place a premium in the draft on offensive lineman. And had a Patrick Mahomes been available with the #1 overall pick in 2013, there's absolutely zero doubt that Reid would have chosen him over Fisher.
Again I am not looking to argue but please keep in mind that we have the $500 million dollar kid that NEEDS to be protected. That says a helluva lot! Keep him UPRIGHT not pressured. We have a 12 year investment that MUST be protected against the likes of Donald, Watt, Bosas, Mack and so fourth going into the future. Protect the man for Gods sake!
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:28 PM 11-16-2020
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
Dale Carter was an athletic freak in fact the most gifted player which includes Derrick Thomas that both Herm & Marty ever coached
What did he laughingly nickname himself playing offense for a few snaps?
Fluorescent Carter or something?

Yea he was an athletic freak. Was literally a shutdown corner with insane speed.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:28 PM 11-16-2020
Which is literally something Andy Reid has never done in his career.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c.../phi/draft.htm

In Philly, he drafted exactly two guards in the first round from 1999-2012, the latter of which was a massive bust. He took guard Bobbie Williams in the 2nd round of the 2000 draft.

The highest he'd ever taken a tackle was in the 2006 the second round in Winston Justice, outside of Eric Fisher, of course.

The bottom line is don't expect Reid to build an offensive line through the draft, especially with early round picks.
Exactly what I've been preparing people for. They're not going to take guys that people want.
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:30 PM 11-16-2020
Originally Posted by Stryker:
Again I am not looking to argue but please keep in mind that we have the $500 million dollar kid that NEEDS to be protected. That says a helluva lot! Keep him UPRIGHT not pressured. We have a 12 year investment that MUST be protected against the likes of Donald, Watt, Bosas, Mack and so fourth going into the future. Protect the man for Gods sake!
Yea Andy has never had a Mahomes so trying to extrapolate what Andy and Veach will do moving forward based on pre Mahomes data is kind of silly.

If you aren't thinking about the long haul with Mahomes you are dumb and Andy isn't dumb. And frankly thats cheap insurance. Mahomes can make receivers like Robinson look really really good if he has a good pocket. As Mahomes ages a better line will be more and more important.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:30 PM 11-16-2020
Spending high draft picks on the OL doesn't guarantee he will be protected. If you think that's the only option, prepare to be disappointed.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:30 PM 11-16-2020
The Chiefs have gone 12-4, 12-4 and 9-1 so far in the past three seasons while winning the Super Bowl with his offensive line philosophy, so don't expect it to change any time soon.

Mahomes has taken 11 sacks in 9 games and was Bottom 5 in sacks in 2019 with 12 taken. As much as people like to bitch about the offensive lineman, it's really not a huge area of concern. He also replaced his former second round center with a guy off the streets that was taken in the 7th round, only to see him anchor a Super Bowl winning team.

Like Kimosabi, I wouldn't a tiny bit surprised if they take a WR in the first and a running back in rounds 3-5. They definitely need help at the linebacker position and defensive end is likely a high priority as well.

So unless Schwartz retires, I doubt they take an offensive lineman early.
[Reply]
Stryker 09:30 PM 11-16-2020
Eric Fisher is in his prime and playing better than he has throughout his entire career. Schwartz has had some injury issues but unless he decides to retire, I don't see the Chiefs spending a high draft pick on a guy that's projected to sit on the bench for a while.

I can see them adding a guard and center after the 2nd round but I'd be surprised to see them spend premium picks on offensive lineman, not only because of his draft history but also because he just won a Super Bowl with a 6th round guard, a 7th round center and like their 6th Left Guard, who was picked up off the street late last season.

It should be clear to anyone that's followed the Chiefs since 2013 that Reid does not place a premium in the draft on offensive lineman. And had a Patrick Mahomes been available with the #1 overall pick in 2013, there's absolutely zero doubt that Reid would have chosen him over Fisher.
That being said, did you really expect the Chiefs to draft CEH @ #32 when other needs were needing to be addressed? My point is, things CAN change. I do not want to argue with you and I respect you - this is just my opinion - PROTECT a $500 million dollar investment.
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:32 PM 11-16-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Spending high draft picks on the OL doesn't guarantee he will be protected. If you think that's the only option, prepare to be disappointed.
Fisher was a 1 overall. Lets not act like Andy doesn't like fatties.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 09:33 PM 11-16-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
What did he laughingly nickname himself playing offense for a few snaps?
Fluorescent Carter or something?

Yea he was an athletic freak. Was literally a shutdown corner with insane speed.
Dale was built like a mutant with an insane reach/wingspan with long legs and a short torso
[Reply]
Page 7 of 43
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up