ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 32 of 43
« First < 222829303132 3334353642 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs signing CB DeAndre Baker to practice squad
pugsnotdrugs19 05:51 PM 11-16-2020
I’ve seen this in a couple spots now, it’s early but here’s this from a NYP journalist... https://twitter.com/nypost_schwartz/...959128576?s=21

Originally Posted by :
Giants are not in on DeAndre Baker.
Teams interested: Chiefs, Bengals, 49ers and Jaguars.
This would obviously be a hell of a low risk/high reward move that makes so much sense for a team destined to pick in the 30s.
[Reply]
RealSNR 01:46 PM 11-18-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Who is giving Kpass a money deal? I know he's not great, but I think the Chiefs might consider giving him the Robinson treatment if nobody else bites (and they really shouldn't, given his lack of production).
He could easily get an Emmanuel Ogbah contract offer from another team.

I know Ogbah had an okay streak of 4-5 games where he looked like a fierce pass rusher, but the Dolphins were also paying for his injury history. Kpass basically has no injury history.

Might not be as high as Ogbah's deal, but I'm willing to bet we're not going to get him back for a Demarcus Robinson price.

Also, you have to consider that it's not a great market for non-elite WRs these days. We've had like two pretty damn good draft classes of WRs in back-to-back years, and it's probably only going to continue. That's a big reason why Robinson struck out in free agency this year and had to come back on a small deal for KC
[Reply]
Mecca 01:48 PM 11-18-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
He could easily get an Emmanuel Ogbah contract offer from another team.

I know Ogbah had an okay streak of 4-5 games where he looked like a fierce pass rusher, but the Dolphins were also paying for his injury history. Kpass basically has no injury history.

Might not be as high as Ogbah's deal, but I'm willing to bet we're not going to get him back for a Demarcus Robinson price.

Also, you have to consider that it's not a great market for non-elite WRs these days. We've had like two pretty damn good draft classes of WRs in back-to-back years, and it's probably only going to continue. That's a big reason why Robinson struck out in free agency this year and had to come back on a small deal for KC
Your biggest threat to losing Robinson is Bienemy taking a job like the Jets, he'll probably look to grab a few guys for familiarity with the offense.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 01:54 PM 11-18-2020
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Listening to 810 and interviewing a NY guy and I'm even more in on Baker now.
Recap?
[Reply]
Kiimo 01:54 PM 11-18-2020
https://youtu.be/O1DeSLZkPrg

edit: this isn't a recap of 810. That was more about his red flags being nonsense, the falling asleep in meetings totally overblown and he was playing better every game down the stretch last season. Guy also had extreme doubts Baker ever did anything wrong at that party.

listen for yourself here: (The Zone, Paul Schwartz interview)

https://v7player.wostreaming.net/8008
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:57 PM 11-18-2020
https://youtu.be/O1DeSLZkPrg

edit: this isn't a recap of 810. That was more about his red flags being nonsense, the falling asleep in meetings totally overblown and he was playing better every game down the stretch last season. Guy also had extreme doubts Baker ever did anything wrong at that party.
Dafuq is up with your link.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:59 PM 11-18-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Mark Colombo punched it.
[Reply]
Jerok 02:02 PM 11-18-2020

https://v7player.wostreaming.net/8008
Go to 'The Zone', click Paul Schwartz, the interview is at 39:10

Edit: The interview starts off with talking about Joe Judge fist fight. The Baker stuff starts at 41:40 ish
[Reply]
Direckshun 02:14 PM 11-18-2020
This is great news, but Baker was hot garbage his rookie year.

We have an outstanding secondary coaching staff, however. Even by our coaching staff's outstanding standards, the secondary coaching on this team is somehow better than them all.

I just wouldn't expect much.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:16 PM 11-18-2020
Originally Posted by Direckshun:

We have an outstanding secondary coaching staff, however. Even by our coaching staff's outstanding standards, the secondary coaching on this team is somehow better than them all.

I'm not gonna be upset about signing a guy we may have taken had we not traded our pick last year.
[Reply]
CasselGotPeedOn 02:19 PM 11-18-2020

Well there you have it folks, Baker will be an all pro now.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 02:19 PM 11-18-2020

You mean a rookie on a bad team wasn't great? Shocker!
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 02:24 PM 11-18-2020

He got a lot better as the year went on.
[Reply]
Dante84 02:37 PM 11-18-2020

For the first 10 games, yes. For the last 6, no.
[Reply]
Kiimo 02:43 PM 11-18-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
lol wtf

[Reply]
staylor26 03:10 PM 11-18-2020
Why is anybody surprised that a rookie corner on a bad team had a rough start to their career?
[Reply]
Page 32 of 43
« First < 222829303132 3334353642 > Last »
Up