ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 43
< 123 456713 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs signing CB DeAndre Baker to practice squad
pugsnotdrugs19 05:51 PM 11-16-2020
I’ve seen this in a couple spots now, it’s early but here’s this from a NYP journalist... https://twitter.com/nypost_schwartz/...959128576?s=21

Originally Posted by :
Giants are not in on DeAndre Baker.
Teams interested: Chiefs, Bengals, 49ers and Jaguars.
This would obviously be a hell of a low risk/high reward move that makes so much sense for a team destined to pick in the 30s.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 06:13 PM 11-16-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Andy loves reclamation projects.

Why wouldn’t the Giants want him Back?
Guessing they don’t want to swallow their pride.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 06:15 PM 11-16-2020
Originally Posted by wazu:
Really gonna miss Keizer.
:-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:18 PM 11-16-2020
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
I get it because Breeland probably won’t be back next year but we got Ward, Fenton and Sneed. How does Baker fit in?
You can never have too many DB's.
[Reply]
Chieftain 06:19 PM 11-16-2020
I was thinking about this earlier and Baker makes sense. He will blend in unnoticed with all the characters we have in the team. We could invest more heavily in the OL next draft and not make the CB position a priority. Do your thing Veach.
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:19 PM 11-16-2020
If everything checks out, they should be all over this.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 06:19 PM 11-16-2020
We land him we can draft 6 fattys and 2 LBs
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 06:20 PM 11-16-2020
So does that mean he's capped with rookie deal salary numbers?
That’s a good question, probably not, but can’t see anyone giving him significant money yet
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 06:21 PM 11-16-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
He sounds like a steal.
Indeed
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:21 PM 11-16-2020
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
We land him we can draft 6 fattys and 2 LBs
What are you going to do when they sign Baker AND draft a CB and don't draft a single OL or LB?

[Reply]
wazu 06:23 PM 11-16-2020
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
That’s a good question, probably not, but can’t see anyone giving him significant money yet
Maybe not, but remember that before they put in all the caps first round picks signed for big money before ever playing a down. This guy has first round talent and has shown he can play in this league.
[Reply]
DRM08 06:27 PM 11-16-2020
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
I get it because Breeland probably won’t be back next year but we got Ward, Fenton and Sneed. How does Baker fit in?
It's a pass-happy league. You want as many solid guys in the secondary as you can get.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 06:33 PM 11-16-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
What are you going to do when they sign Baker AND draft a CB and don't draft a single OL or LB?

Veach will grab a stud CB in the sixth or seventh round. Fenton was the steal of the draft. Not only for us but all 32 leagues. He is a pro bowl CB and we got him as a sixth
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 06:34 PM 11-16-2020
Maybe not, but remember that before they put in all the caps first round picks signed for big money before ever playing a down. This guy has first round talent and has shown he can play in this league.
Touché... well much like with Bell, I think you extend the offer and let him make his own decision.

Best long play for his career has to be going to Reid, Spagnuolo, Mathieu and Mahomes to win big AND eventually start. Our DB coaches >>> whoever else he can go to. Our safeties >>> their safeties.
[Reply]
Kiimo 06:35 PM 11-16-2020
Baker would make a really good Breeland replacement.
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:37 PM 11-16-2020
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Touché... well much like with Bell, I think you extend the offer and let him make his own decision.

Best long play for his career has to be going to Reid, Spagnuolo, Mathieu and Mahomes to win big AND eventually start. Our DB coaches >>> whoever else he can go to. Our safeties >>> their safeties.
That's the thing. Like Bell, the Chiefs offer him a chance to get a ring and rehab his image.

However, unlike Bell, if his long-term goal is to start and possibly make some good money, the Chiefs are that team too. They have a need at CB and he could fill it.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 43
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up