ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 43
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs signing CB DeAndre Baker to practice squad
pugsnotdrugs19 05:51 PM 11-16-2020
I’ve seen this in a couple spots now, it’s early but here’s this from a NYP journalist... https://twitter.com/nypost_schwartz/...959128576?s=21

Originally Posted by :
Giants are not in on DeAndre Baker.
Teams interested: Chiefs, Bengals, 49ers and Jaguars.
This would obviously be a hell of a low risk/high reward move that makes so much sense for a team destined to pick in the 30s.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:33 AM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefBlueCFC:
I remember wanting Baker when he came out of Georgia. I'd imagine the price would be pretty low to get him so why not
He was #1 on my draft board leading up to the Frank Clark trade which used our first rounder.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:35 AM 11-17-2020
Can you imagine going into next year with Ward, Snead, Fenton and Baker all for less than $6 million combined?

And we would have a shit load of draft picks to take a shot at another value CB in the middle or late rounds like we did successfully with Snead and Fenton.

That is how you build a team with the most expensive player in the league.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:38 AM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Can you imagine going into next year with Ward, Snead, Fenton and Baker all for less than $6 million combined?

And we would have a shit load of draft picks to take a shot at another value CB in the middle or late rounds like we did successfully with Snead and Fenton.

That is how you build a team with the most expensive player in the league.
:-)

:-)
[Reply]
rabblerouser 09:41 AM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by Stryker:
Again I am not looking to argue but please keep in mind that we have the $500 million dollar kid that NEEDS to be protected. That says a helluva lot! Keep him UPRIGHT not pressured. We have a 12 year investment that MUST be protected against the likes of Donald, Watt, Bosas, Mack and so fourth going into the future. Protect the man for Gods sake!
Ubeja?
[Reply]
Mecca 09:43 AM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
What a crazy story.

If the Chiefs can add him and keep it under the cap, yes, absolutely, add him. That would be a really huge value and give the team a lot of flexibility in addition to improving play on the field.

Moving forward, yes, you'd have Baker and Fenton and Sneed at CB, but it could also free up Sneed to be used more as a hybrid player. With him, Mathieu and Thornhill all capable of lining up in the slot, playing box safety, or playing deep. Think of the mix-and-match capabilities for Spagnuolo!

Also would set them up to potentially walk from Sorenson if thy decide to move Sneed to more of a hybrid/safety role.
Sorensen is likely not going to be back after this year, people should prep for that. He's 30 and he has enough splash plays that some of the middle-bad teams are gonna offer him good money. Also if we lose Bienemy and a D coach we're going to lose guys like that as coaches like to bring in guys who know the system.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 09:52 AM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
So Reid drafted Watkins, 2 Guards, and Fisher in the 1st round and traded a 1st for Jason Peters and this is evidence he doesn't use high picks on the OL?

I mean I dont know how many 1st round picks he has had but Im guessing thats around 25% of them considering he has likely traded away a few over the years on top of the one for Peters.
Why is the debate just over the first round? 2nd or 3rd round is still a good spot to find value on the interior OL. We just used a 3rd on the OL this past draft, so why are we of the impression that they wouldn't do the same again? Hopefully this time it will be on someone who's actually going to contribute. If Niang's long term position is tackle then the interior OL is pretty barren, and I seriously doubt they're counting on LDT long term. If Niang is a G long term, it's clear that there isn't much at tackle and Schwartz may not be here for too much longer. Either way it seems pretty obvious that OL is very likely to be picked somewhere between rounds 2-4.
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:10 AM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
Why is the debate just over the first round? 2nd or 3rd round is still a good spot to find value on the interior OL. We just used a 3rd on the OL this past draft, so why are we of the impression that they wouldn't do the same again? Hopefully this time it will be on someone who's actually going to contribute. If Niang's long term position is tackle then the interior OL is pretty barren, and I seriously doubt they're counting on LDT long term. If Niang is a G long term, it's clear that there isn't much at tackle and Schwartz may not be here for too much longer. Either way it seems pretty obvious that OL is very likely to be picked somewhere between rounds 2-4.
For my part, it's about 1st and 2nd round.

If you want to talk 3rd or 4th, I think that's where you most likely see a lineman taken unless something drastic happens.

I think the first 2 rounds will like be DE/DT, CB, or WR. That's just my take.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:20 AM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:

If you want to talk 3rd or 4th, I think that's where you most likely see a lineman taken unless something drastic happens.

Lets get super real here...we're likely to lose these guys after the season..

Damian Williams
Le'Veon Bell
Sammy Watkins
DeMarcus Robinson
Austin Reiter
Kelechi Osemele
Mike Remmers
Daniel Kilgore
Kpass
Alex Okafor
Taco Charlton
Mike Pennel
Damien Wilson
Bashaud Breeland
Daniel Sorenson

If I was a betting man Watkins, Pennel and Charlton are the only ones I'd put above 50% for coming back.
[Reply]
Hoover 10:23 AM 11-17-2020
I'm as big of an offensive line homer that you will find, but I would prefer to never use 1st round picks on linemen unless its a real need to or you can't believe the player is there who was high on your board.

The first round should always be used for playmakers, game changers, and the like. If a team routinely drafts linemen in the middle rounds you should be fine, with the extra pick we get for EB getting a coaching gig this should be easy enough to do this year.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:24 AM 11-17-2020
I don’t know why people get so worked up about what position and when. When you’re picking 30-32 every round, you just take the BPA at a position of need.
[Reply]
Lzen 10:24 AM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:

LB?
[Reply]
Mecca 10:26 AM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by Lzen:
LB?
That will depend on a lot of things I think.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:27 AM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
That will depend on a lot of things I think.
Like Dylan Moses falling into our lap?
[Reply]
Hoover 10:30 AM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Lets get super real here...we're likely to lose these guys after the season..

Damian Williams
Le'Veon Bell
Sammy Watkins
DeMarcus Robinson
Austin Reiter
Kelechi Osemele
Mike Remmers
Daniel Kilgore
Kpass
Alex Okafor
Taco Charlton
Mike Pennel
Damien Wilson
Bashaud Breeland
Daniel Sorenson

If I was a betting man Watkins, Pennel and Charlton are the only ones I'd put above 50% for coming back.
I think Sammy Watkins is the only real concern there. I'm also a Breeland fan, and would love to keep both if reasonable.

I think the Chiefs need to explore pairing older WRs with Patrick. First, a vet WR would love to play in this office with Mahomes. Second, they would probably come here on a discount. Maybe a guy like TY Hilton is out of reach, but there are always older WRs to be had if the price is right.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:45 AM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I don’t know why people get so worked up about what position and when. When you’re picking 30-32 every round, you just take the BPA at a position of need.
Pretty much this. It’s too early to see what will happen with guys like Sammy or Dirty Dan, etc but it shouldn’t matter who we take if they are legitimately good players.

Hell I remember analysts and fans laughing at the Cowboys (to be fair this happens often :-)) for drafting Travis Fredrick at 31. Turns out he was a 5 time pro bowler, 1st team all-pro and 2nd team all-pro 2X.

Would anyone here bitch at that if that was our pick? Of course not.

Braden Smith for example would be a boring ass pick. Yeah he’s local but we all know people here would bitch but getting a 10 year starter at RT that is legitimately a top 10 RT in the league?

Hard to bitch at those decisions if they’re made. As long as we don’t draft a Breeland Speaks again we should be okay.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 43
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Up