ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 90
« First < 61213141516 171819202666 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2020 College Football
Pointer19 06:38 PM 09-08-2020
With many teams/conferences withdrawing from competition this year, it's going to be an interesting race to the top. My bold prediction? Army is the only team to play enough games to be eligible for a bowl and wins the National Championship by default.

Army shut out Middle Tennessee, Navy got destroyed by BYU, and Air Force is too scared to play anybody other than the other academies. Who'd you watch this weekend?

[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:02 PM 11-07-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Shit I would just be happy if we can make a bowl game were going on 4 years? Frost looked in over his head today. Strong Todd Haley vibes.
I haven't seen Nebraska much lately but Scott Frost is a proven head coach. His struggles aren't with coaching but procuring talent, which was always going to be difficult for any head coach, regardless of their resume, at Nebraska.

That said, I don't see any reason why in a "normal" year, Nebraska can't win 7 games to qualify for a bowl game, yet that hasn't happened during his tenure.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:06 PM 11-07-2020
Originally Posted by Coach:
So this reduced the pool of athletes for some programs that relied a deep pool of players.
Yeah but keep in mind, Nebraska was famous for their Walk-Ons because they could take one and two star guys, put them through the Bigger, Stronger, Faster program for a few years and mold them into effective offensive lineman to help move the pile for guys like Rozier.

Unfortunately for them, turning 1 and 2 star recruits into effect pass blockers is extremely difficult, so Frost needs to have strong recruiting classes in order to compete in the Big 10.

So far, that hasn't happened.
[Reply]
Coach 04:18 PM 11-07-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Yeah but keep in mind, Nebraska was famous for their Walk-Ons because they could take one and two star guys, put them through the Bigger, Stronger, Faster program for a few years and mold them into effective offensive lineman to help move the pile for guys like Rozier.

Unfortunately for them, turning 1 and 2 star recruits into effect pass blockers is extremely difficult, so Frost needs to have strong recruiting classes in order to compete in the Big 10.

So far, that hasn't happened.
I can buy that, since back then it was easier to build up those kids to be serviceable run blockers and not have to worry too much about coaching up the pass blocking skills.

Now, they have to have both effective run blockers, but more so on pass protection because of how the game has changed and revolves around the QB play in the pass game.

Maybe I am in the minority, but the big burly linemen and the 80's/90's style of run attack would still work in today's game, just you have to have the right pieces for it.
[Reply]
sully1983 04:21 PM 11-07-2020
That ending to the ASU/USC game was nuts!
and I hope Maryland can hold on against Pedo State (currently up 28-7)
[Reply]
Jerm 04:24 PM 11-07-2020
Kirby is lucky he’s at his alma mater....constantly out coached in big games, can’t win them, and had Justin Fields only to run him off in favor of completely bleh Jake Fromm.

They’ll never get over the hump with him.
[Reply]
Coach 04:36 PM 11-07-2020
Jesus....

Penn State is absolutely getting destroyed by Maryland.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:33 PM 11-07-2020
Originally Posted by Coach:
Maybe I am in the minority, but the big burly linemen and the 80's/90's style of run attack would still work in today's game, just you have to have the right pieces for it.
Well, they could always go with the Triple Option as they done at the Naval Academy.
[Reply]
htismaqe 05:37 PM 11-07-2020
I just can't see Nebraska as a consistent national power, ever again.

They were so successful from the 60-90's because they were able to take homegrown 2 Star Players and turn them into productive college players, mainly because of their running attack.

But in 2020, that just doesn't work in a conference like the Big Ten because teams need to be able to pass the ball at a high level, which means competing against the Big Ten, Pac-12, ACC and SEC for quarterback talent. And when guys have zero state ties, it's a huge issue and a hump they just haven't been able get over.

And this is coming from a HUGE Tom Osbourne, Mike Rozier and Tommy Frazier fan, along with all of the other great players on those great teams.
They're not. That's why joining the B10 was the perfect fit for them. You don't have to be a national power to rake in the money, plus academically, there's bonuses to being part of the conference.

From a pure sports standpoint, the B10 isn't the top conference it once was. However, in every other way - revenue, revenue sharing, etc. - it's near the top in every category.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:43 PM 11-07-2020

As Trevor Lawrence walks into Notre Dame Stadium, a collection of Clemson fans chant “J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets!”

— Pete Sampson (@PeteSampson_) November 7, 2020

[Reply]
big nasty kcnut 06:19 PM 11-07-2020
Kansas st got something brewing there young team but got good talent
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 06:21 PM 11-07-2020
Originally Posted by big nasty kcnut:
Kansas st got something brewing there young team but got good talent
they have talent but gotta stop the stupid turn overs.
Coach is going bat shit crazy right now in the locker room
[Reply]
Pablo 07:02 PM 11-07-2020
Gross watching ND force themselves on Clemson like a Catholic priest on an 11 year old boy.

Hey it's 10-7 now so that's nice!
[Reply]
displacedinMN 07:36 PM 11-07-2020
Originally Posted by Shiver Me Timbers:
they have talent but gotta stop the stupid turn overs.
Coach is going bat shit crazy right now in the locker room
give them time--you have the right coach
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 08:44 PM 11-07-2020
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Kirby is lucky he’s at his alma mater....constantly out coached in big games, can’t win them, and had Justin Fields only to run him off in favor of completely bleh Jake Fromm.

They’ll never get over the hump with him.
He’s Mark Richt 2.0.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 08:58 PM 11-07-2020
Well, they could always go with the Triple Option as they done at the Naval Academy.
It's absolutely what they should be doing on offense.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 90
« First < 61213141516 171819202666 > Last »
Up