ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 8
« First < 34567 8 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Is the Saints 2 QB offense the future?
RunKC 05:36 PM 04-27-2020
Very interesting pod today from our guy Terez Paylor. He mentioned specifically that everything he heard has banked on the 2 QB system being used and will be the next big thing. Terez even went as far as to say that football today could be viewed like the 80’s in 10 years with this type of new innovation that will create tons of new packages for offenses.

He actually makes it sound like every team will be getting one in the near future like the Eagles just did with Jalen Hurts.

The premise here is having that extra QB to be your Taysom Hill and put tons of stress on defenses by having him be a runner and efficient passer.

Sounds pretty interesting, but I would like the ball to be in Mr. Mahomes caring hands. I do admit I would love for Andy to put a few package plays in our playbook with John Lovett running this type of stuff.

Not a consistent thing obviously. But I’d love to see Andy trying it out
[Reply]
Lzen 01:47 PM 11-20-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
What is their obession with Taysom Hill? I don't get it, dude is a shitty passer.
I have always wondered that.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:48 PM 11-20-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
So is Winston.
Winston turns it over, Hill wasn't even a good college passer.
[Reply]
RealSNR 02:08 PM 11-20-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
So is Winston.
I guess it depends what kind of shit sandwich is less shitty to you.

One of them is 30 TDs but also 30 INTs kind of shit. The other one is legs of Steve Young but arm of Tyler Palko kind of shit.

Honestly, I'd probably take the 30 for 30 shit sandwich. It's more likely Jameis will make better decisions with the football than it is Taysom Hill figures out how to even throw the friggin football to the standard of an NFL QB
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:41 PM 11-20-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Winston turns it over, Hill wasn't even a good college passer.
They could run a Tebow offense with that defense and eek out several wins.

Winston turning the ball over would be far worse.
[Reply]
Athis 03:33 PM 11-20-2020
Originally Posted by :
NEW ORLEANS (WVUE) - The Saints placed Drew Brees on injured reserve on Friday. That means he’ll be out for a minimum of three weeks.
!
[Reply]
Valiant 05:48 PM 11-20-2020
Teams hope so, it would drop the cost of qbs.

But if you have a franchise, you don't need it.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 06:25 PM 11-20-2020
Tom Brady rejoices!!
[Reply]
displacedinMN 07:04 PM 11-20-2020
future. NO.

NWMO would do this to spell the QB and let them look at what was happening. Maybe to save time outs.

But not a QB by committee. I think it has been tried and failed. You would need almost clones to keep the offense having the same rhythm
[Reply]
notorious 07:12 PM 11-20-2020
If you have 2 QBs you've got none.
[Reply]
Megatron96 10:11 AM 11-21-2020
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
future. NO.

NWMO would do this to spell the QB and let them look at what was happening. Maybe to save time outs.

But not a QB by committee. I think it has been tried and failed. You would need almost clones to keep the offense having the same rhythm
Haha, this post reminded of the one instance where I've seen the 2 QB thing work pretty well.

It was these twins, back in HS, so 33-34 years ago? One of them was a little more of a passer, and the other was a little more of a runner. But as I recall, they were pretty much interchangeable, and sometimes they even put both of them on the field at the same time.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:03 AM 11-21-2020
Good Lord Hill is an abomination at QB
[Reply]
Red Dawg 11:04 AM 11-21-2020
I find it impossible to believe that Winston won't take snaps in this game.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:08 AM 11-21-2020
Also, Holy shit you really thought 2 QB offenses were some kind of future :-) :-) :-) Jesus fuck
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:11 AM 11-21-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Haha, this post reminded of the one instance where I've seen the 2 QB thing work pretty well.

It was these twins, back in HS, so 33-34 years ago? One of them was a little more of a passer, and the other was a little more of a runner. But as I recall, they were pretty much interchangeable, and sometimes they even put both of them on the field at the same time.
Teams have tried it on and off over the years.

I remember one year in the early 90s the Broncos tried it after Elway went down. It was Tommy Maddox and some other QB I don’t remember? They would shuffle in and out after each series. Bad idea.
[Reply]
Megatron96 11:16 AM 11-21-2020
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Good Lord Hill is an abomination at QB
I don't believe that Hill is a real starting NFL QB either. But Sean Payton is not stupid. So there has to be a pretty good reason Hill is starting at QB this week.

Of course, Winston hasn't had a lot of time to digest the playbook, so maybe that has something to do with it. But if he otherwise was performing well in practice, I have to believe Payton would be starting him, because this is definitely not a throwaway game. And they're playing ATL, which doesn't have much of a defense, so it would be a good game to get the better QB in the game?

I'm left with Winston is really bad, so bad that Payton feels a lot more comfortable starting Hill.

Or this is all subterfuge, and Payton really starts Winston, but wants ATL to prep for Hill.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 8
« First < 34567 8 >
Up