ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 8
< 12345 678 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Is the Saints 2 QB offense the future?
RunKC 05:36 PM 04-27-2020
Very interesting pod today from our guy Terez Paylor. He mentioned specifically that everything he heard has banked on the 2 QB system being used and will be the next big thing. Terez even went as far as to say that football today could be viewed like the 80’s in 10 years with this type of new innovation that will create tons of new packages for offenses.

He actually makes it sound like every team will be getting one in the near future like the Eagles just did with Jalen Hurts.

The premise here is having that extra QB to be your Taysom Hill and put tons of stress on defenses by having him be a runner and efficient passer.

Sounds pretty interesting, but I would like the ball to be in Mr. Mahomes caring hands. I do admit I would love for Andy to put a few package plays in our playbook with John Lovett running this type of stuff.

Not a consistent thing obviously. But I’d love to see Andy trying it out
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 08:50 AM 04-28-2020
Originally Posted by ChiefBlueCFC:
Has the 2 QB system ever worked? I don't recall anyone winning anything of importance while splitting playing time between 2 QBs. And you can't say Philly because they were playing Wentz, then he got hurt. It wasn't like they were splitting time between Wentz and Foles.
I view it like the wildcat offense... it was "wow" when NFL teams started doing it again and that quickly faded. You do have a number of teams that have a few of those plays in their bag, but it's kinda no big deal.

This is something you can do when you grab that tweener QB that isn't really a QB at this level, but is an athletic freak and you're finding a way to validate him taking a roster spot. Now, Taysom did really well catching TDs, but this is not a new thing that is about to hit the league.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 08:50 AM 04-28-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
Also the Saints initially acquired Taysom Hill as an undrafted free agent... the Eagles used a freaking second round draft pick on Hurts.

Doesn't seem worth a second round pick for a situational/gadget player.
Exactly...
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 09:58 AM 04-28-2020
And the wishbone is making a comeback, too.
[Reply]
Direckshun 12:36 PM 04-28-2020
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Lovett is an interesting player. He can catch, was a QB in college and he can also run. I’m intrigued
We just had that dude in Blake Bell and nothing really came of it.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:57 PM 04-28-2020
This whole Taysom Hill thing is odd to me. I don't know why they value him so much. I'm not going to sit here and say I've seen a ton of Saints games last year but based on his production & usage I don't understand why he's so coveted.

He's also going to be 30 next season. If his best skill is running the football and athleticism, I don't quite understand the allure or why you would pay a guy like this almost 11M a year when he seems to only be worth 2M.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:03 PM 04-28-2020
Just my hot takes, but no, the 2-QB thing is not the wave of the future. the 2-Qb thing is for teams that don't have a true franchise QB or they have an aging/oft injured franchise Qb that needs to be spelled for significant time during the season. If you have a Russell Wilson or a Pat Mahomes or even a Deshaun Watson you don't take the ball out of those QBs' hands for significant plays or minutes. To do so is just saying, "we don't believe our starting QB can make it happen in this spot."
[Reply]
cripple creek 02:09 PM 04-28-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Even 2 QB fantasy leagues suck.
amen!
[Reply]
RunKC 08:37 PM 05-31-2020
Hmmm

Love making an impact this year? ��*�� pic.twitter.com/WKfD1FFpCu

— B/R Gridiron (@brgridiron) June 1, 2020

[Reply]
Bowser 08:44 PM 05-31-2020
Brees is a big enough guy to share a piece of the limelight with.

Rodgers, though? :-)
[Reply]
dallaschiefsfan 09:10 PM 05-31-2020
To the OP - No. PM2 is the future. And the future is now. Everyone else is just throwing stuff at the wall.
[Reply]
baitism 09:40 PM 05-31-2020
Just one less blocker or skill position player.
[Reply]
cdcox 10:07 PM 05-31-2020
Cowboys alternated Morton and Staubach by plays. It did pump up Morton’s value so they could trade him for Randy White the next season.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qfQd1UZxhOU
[Reply]
IUsedToBeATightEnd 07:32 AM 06-01-2020
Whatever we can do to create confusion among the pass rushers and slow them down, we should do.
We were blessed with Pat, let's do all we can to make this blessing last through the next two decades.
I'd love to see Lovett and Mahomes on the field at the same time on some gadget plays designed by Andy, same as the Saints do with Taysom Hill.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 12:29 PM 11-20-2020
Wow.

Jameis Winston will not be part of any offensive packages Sunday vs. the Falcons, per @diannaESPN. The Saints’ QB now is Taysom Hill.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) November 20, 2020

[Reply]
htismaqe 12:31 PM 11-20-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Wow.

They don't want the turnover risk. I don't blame them.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 8
< 12345 678 >
Up