Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Lucas Niang Thread*****
Dante84 09:31 PM 04-24-2020
More to come in 2021

Spoiler!

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:13 AM 04-25-2020
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
I can think of 11 million reasons.
Leramy Tunsil just got $22 million and people are STILL trying to cut Eric Fisher to save half that?

Jesus.
[Reply]
Simply Red 10:13 AM 04-25-2020
It's not 'Fatty' - it's 'Phatty!'

TYVM
[Reply]
staylor26 10:15 AM 04-25-2020
Yea 11 mil is a bargain at this point.
[Reply]
Simply Red 10:15 AM 04-25-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I'm going to just admit right now that I've lost all objectivity. I think. Either that, or this is the best draft EVER. So yeah, it's got to be me.

But...when I look at this kid, he LOOKS like Willie Roaf. Built just like him, even has that weird little duck walk thing. He's got those nimble ballerina feet that seems like they're too small for his upper body and those long arms. I mean, Fisher's not built like that. He doesn't move like that. But Roaf did, he was almost awkward until the snap, and then he was so dominant.

I mean, if this kid can take the LG spot this year, learn the NFL, learn this offense next to Fisher and get his seasoning, I think he could very well move to either tackle spot as soon as we need him to and be a long term starter.

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:16 AM 04-25-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
For sure, but for a LT, thats not much.
It's dick for a LT.

The problem will be 2 years from now when Fisher asks for $20 million. SOMEONE is going to pay him that.

Fish is a good LT who's put in tough situations all the time and generally acquits himself nicely. His absence was so clearly felt last year that I just dont understand how hes still a whipping boy around here.
[Reply]
Buckweath 10:22 AM 04-25-2020
Would seem like an ideal situation if he can play LG and eventually transition to LT, although I'm not sure why we are overly quick to move on from Fisher or Schwartz
It is a case of BPA.

I would not expect Fisher or Schwartz to leave before minimum 2 years but it is definitly a good move to invest in the Oline now especially that they have not invested much there recently.

The guy supposedly can play G.

Fisher or Schwartz could get injured.

Maybe Niang progresses really quick and you can save money by releasing Fisher one year from now.

Maybe Niang takes over LT at the expiration of Fisher's contract and you are not pigeon holed into taking a LT in the 1st round.

I believe the pick makes a ton of sense.
[Reply]
Dante84 11:16 AM 04-25-2020

Lucas Niang Film Thread @ArrowheadLive ��ON
He has all the intangebles to play OT in the NFL. Quick feet, active hands, long arms, and a strong base. His initial pass set needs a little work but his recovery and fight outstanding. pic.twitter.com/QknNVbN7oL

— Caleb James (@CJScoobs) April 25, 2020

[Reply]
Coach 11:28 AM 04-25-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
It's dick for a LT.

The problem will be 2 years from now when Fisher asks for $20 million. SOMEONE is going to pay him that.

Fish is a good LT who's put in tough situations all the time and generally acquits himself nicely. His absence was so clearly felt last year that I just dont understand how hes still a whipping boy around here.
That was a bad draft that year when Fisher went #1. And he had a extremely rough go at it in the first few years, which just made it worse in terms of making that pick. That's how he got to be the whipping boy.

But he has acquitted himself as of recent and has been better.

Was he worth the 1.1? Probably not. However, given how that draft played out...

1. Fisher - Still playing - Solid
2. Jockel - Out of the NFL after 2017 - Bust
3. Jordan - Still playing but wasn't very good. Bounced around to 3 teams now.
4. Johnson - Still playing - Solid
5. Ansah - Still playing - Decent.

None of these guys were 1.1 value in my opinion. But the Chiefs got it right with Fisher, because if I recall, it was between him or Jockel.
[Reply]
Redbled 01:19 PM 04-25-2020
Would seem like an ideal situation if he can play LG and eventually transition to LT, although I'm not sure why we are overly quick to move on from Fisher or Schwartz
Both are solid values for their production. No hurry at all.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:21 PM 04-25-2020
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
Fisher has been somewhat injury prone, so having a serviceable rookie to help protect him is a very good thing. Last thing we need is someone going all Rodney Harrison on Mahomie.
Yes.

The older he gets, the worse it will be.

If Fisher is banged up next season again, and the Chiefs get wind he'll be looking for a giant payday as he hits 30 in 2021, it's time to move on if this kid is ready.
[Reply]
RunKC 03:52 PM 04-25-2020
I really love this pick because he looks like an exceptional athlete at a premium position that would have likely gone 1st rd if he didn’t have the injury.

He really is one of those players that can diversify and give us good play right away at LG, LT or RT if an injury occurs and possibly start at either tackle spot in the future.

This pick is the one that could make the draft “good” to “outstanding” if he does a good job starting at tackle by the end of his rookie contract.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:06 PM 04-25-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Leramy Tunsil just got $22 million and people are STILL trying to cut Eric Fisher to save half that?

Jesus.
Most casual fans, even on Chiefsplanet, have no idea what the value of contracts, at basically every position, are across the league.

Eric Fisher is without a doubt a bargain in today's NFL.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:11 PM 04-25-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Yes.

The older he gets, the worse it will be.

If Fisher is banged up next season again, and the Chiefs get wind he'll be looking for a giant payday as he hits 30 in 2021, it's time to move on if this kid is ready.
This is a scenario with WAY too many "Ifs".

Fisher is under contract through the end of the 2021 season, so they have two more drafts and offseasons before they need to either make a move for a new left tackle or begin grooming someone that's already on the roster.

If Fisher is still valuable in 2022 but the Chiefs don't or can't meet his contract demands, they'll allow him to walk and receive a 3rd round Comp Pick in return.

But that's a long way out in football terms.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 05:12 PM 04-25-2020
Spitting image of Willie Roaf. Hope he plays like him.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 09:03 AM 06-07-2020
https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2020...n-connecticut/

Chiefs’ Lucas Niang organized march to seek justice for George Floyd
by
Ed Easton Jr.
Originally Posted by :
Chiefs OT Lucas Niang organized march to seek justice for George Floyd

The death of George Floyd and others due to police brutality has influenced protests and rallies around the country. The ongoing discussion regarding race in the United States has taken over headlines and social media as more attention has been given to these issue. Many NFL players have used their platform to highlight racial tension. Kansas City Chiefs rookie OT Lucas Niang is among the NFL players taking action.

Niang, along with his brother Ethan, organized a march with more than 1,000 participants in his hometown of New Canaan, Connecticut, in support of Floyd and the Black Lives Matter movement. The march took place on Thursday, June 4.

The event was met with plenty of support from the community in New Canaan. They also supported Niang along his journey to the NFL, celebrating him with a drive-by parade when he was selected by the Chiefs in the NFL draft. Niang spoke about the impact of being appreciated in his hometown with some local media members.

“This was awesome and everything I could have ever dreamed,” Niang told the Stamford Advocate. “I gave my heart and soul to this town and they paid me back. It lets me know that everything I have been doing isn’t for no reason. I have a lot of supporters and I am thankful for that.”

Above you’ll find a video of Niang leading Thursday’s march. He says the following two phrases into the megaphone as a call and response: “No Justice, No Peace” and “Black Lives Matter.”

Niang was the Chiefs’ third-round pick, selected 96th overall in April’s NFL draft. The 6-foot-7, 315-pound offensive lineman, played collegiate at Texas Christian University after leaving New Canaan in 2016.

The Chiefs are one of many teams that have publicly voiced their support for black lives around the world. Niang’s efforts seek to raise awareness and understanding and impact change in the near future.

[Reply]
Page 8 of 46
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up