Page 10 of 46
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Lucas Niang Thread*****
Dante84 09:31 PM 04-24-2020
More to come in 2021

Spoiler!

[Reply]
RustShack 07:34 PM 11-21-2020
I don’t understand why he’s suddenly bad? He’s still big and super talented. Another year of growth doesn’t seem bad to me.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 07:37 PM 11-21-2020
We'll be glad to have him in camp next year along with some new faces via free agency or draft. The OL is important and Veach knows it.
[Reply]
srvy 08:46 PM 11-21-2020
Originally Posted by RustShack:
I don’t understand why he’s suddenly bad? He’s still big and super talented. Another year of growth doesn’t seem bad to me.
No one should think he is bad, it's just he is an unknown. Yeah he was hurt and probably couldn't have offered much this year. What I still am not sure of with opting out if he even gets any real-time NFL coaching. With covid does he even get near the team? I pretty much doubt it. So Yasir Durant is now ahead of him and Niang starts out on the same level as any o lineman we may pick in 2021.

Also, tackle being Rankins natural position won't he get a shot there on the right side. Maybe he blew it 2 years ago with his performance don't know.
[Reply]
In58men 08:59 PM 11-21-2020
Hopefully he kept up with his training. I haven’t seen any updates on him.
[Reply]
RustShack 09:13 PM 11-21-2020
He’ll be just as much in the conversation next year as he would be if we drafted him this upcoming season instead.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:28 PM 11-21-2020
Originally Posted by srvy:
No one should think he is bad, it's just he is an unknown. Yeah he was hurt and probably couldn't have offered much this year. What I still am not sure of with opting out if he even gets any real-time NFL coaching. With covid does he even get near the team? I pretty much doubt it. So Yasir Durant is now ahead of him and Niang starts out on the same level as any o lineman we may pick in 2021.

Also, tackle being Rankins natural position won't he get a shot there on the right side. Maybe he blew it 2 years ago with his performance don't know.

He participated in offseason zoom installs before opting out. He’s under contract by this organization, so the team can contact him about stuff whenever they damn well please. And when this season is over, he gets the benefit of having a full offseason of NFL strength training, which is important for OL (it was for Fisher) while just starting year one of his rookie deal.

Nobody has any good or legit reason to think opting out will hurt his development as an NFL player. If he doesn’t make it in this league, it won’t be because he opted out.
[Reply]
srvy 10:36 PM 11-21-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
He participated in offseason zoom installs before opting out. He’s under contract by this organization, so the team can contact him about stuff whenever they damn well please. And when this season is over, he gets the benefit of having a full offseason of NFL strength training, which is important for OL (it was for Fisher) while just starting year one of his rookie deal.

Nobody has any good or legit reason to think opting out will hurt his development as an NFL player. If he doesn’t make it in this league, it won’t be because he opted out.
And you know the bolded how?

There is a big difference between contacting him and real in house instruction.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 10:37 PM 11-21-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:

He’s a year behind in his nfl career- of course it hurts his development. He may turn out to be a decent player but opting out definitely puts him in a tougher position.
[Reply]
Easy 6 10:40 PM 11-21-2020
He opted out as a rookie, forgive me for not giving two shits what happens to this slacker
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:41 PM 11-21-2020
Originally Posted by srvy:
And you know the bolded how?

There is a big difference between contacting him and real in house instruction.
Do you understand that he tore a patella tendon in his fucking hip?

The guy wasn't going to be available this season until probably December at the earliest and since he had ZERO Mini Camp, Rookie Camp, Training Camp and practice, there's almost no chance he sees the 53 and if he does, he's gonna get his ass whipped.

Opting Out gave him the opportunity to heal without pressure, to learn the playbook and techniques without expecting to play when he's nowhere near 100% and it gives the Chiefs Four Full Years Of Control beginning in 2021.

And good fucking god, people don't forget how to play their position in a year.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:43 PM 11-21-2020
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
He opted out as a rookie, forgive me for not giving two shits what happens to this slacker
The dude is coming off a torn hip tendon, which is why he fell to the bottom of the 3rd round.

If Niang becomes a starter, this will be yet another Veach Steal.
[Reply]
kysirsoze 10:45 PM 11-21-2020
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
He’s a year behind in his nfl career- of course it hurts his development. He may turn out to be a decent player but opting out definitely puts him in a tougher position.
Tougher than what? It delays his contact so for us we lost nothing. Especially since he was unlikely to be a big contributor in year one. He'll basically be a rookie who will be completely healthy unlike he would have been this year. Are you worried about his career earnings or something?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:49 PM 11-21-2020
Originally Posted by kysirsoze:
Tougher than what? It delays his contact so for us we lost nothing. Especially since he was unlikely to be a big contributor in year one. He'll basically be a rookie who will be completely healthy unlike he would have been this year. Are you worried about his career earnings or something?
Niang wasn't called for a single penalty in 2017 and before the hip tear, was projected as a 1st rounder.

The dude had more than 40 scholarship offers so if he doesn't become at least an average NFL starter, it'll be due to injury.
[Reply]
srvy 10:56 PM 11-21-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Do you understand that he tore a patella tendon in his fucking hip?

The guy wasn't going to be available this season until probably December at the earliest and since he had ZERO Mini Camp, Rookie Camp, Training Camp and practice, there's almost no chance he sees the 53 and if he does, he's gonna get his ass whipped.

Opting Out gave him the opportunity to heal without pressure, to learn the playbook and techniques without expecting to play when he's nowhere near 100% and it gives the Chiefs Four Full Years Of Control beginning in 2021.

And good fucking god, people don't forget how to play their position in a year.
I said he probably would have not been available in my post. But as I understand it opt-out is non-involvement with the team.
[Reply]
mlyonsd 10:58 PM 11-21-2020
If he lives up to the hype and protects Pat for the next 8-10 years Veach is a genious.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 46
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Up