ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 265 of 341
« First < 165215255261262263264265 266267268269275315 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
HonestChieffan 11:58 AM 01-23-2011
Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?
[Reply]
ChiefsHawk 10:00 AM 11-25-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I don’t know if you’re ordering it from that site but it is now out of stock.
yep was going to, that answered my question...
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 08:14 PM 11-27-2020
Originally Posted by Randallflagg:
:-)

I dunno, I guess I "could". Heading back to Wyoming after Thanksgiving and will be there until the New Year. I could zero his AR at 100, 75, 50 and use up a box of ammo from say, 100, 200, 300 yards to illustrate the effectiveness of the 5.56...

Just Kidding!! Have a wonderful Holiday everyone!! Blessings to you all!!
Just "won" a bid on a DDM4 V7. Should have it next week. I bought a eotech HHS1 a couple of months ago with plans to put it on something for 100-200 yard plinking. Going to Give the DD a try. I am in Colorado so if you would like to help "figure it out" come on down. Ammo food and beerz on me.
[Reply]
MIAdragon 08:21 PM 11-27-2020
Originally Posted by Shiver Me Timbers:
Just "won" a bid on a DDM4 V7. Should have it next week. I bought a eotech HHS1 a couple of months ago with plans to put it on something for 100-200 yard plinking. Going to Give the DD a try. I am in Colorado so if you would like to help "figure it out" come on down. Ammo food and beerz on me.
Looking to pickup a DDM4 PDW. Lmk what you think.
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 08:37 PM 11-27-2020
Originally Posted by MIAdragon:
Looking to pickup a DDM4 PDW. Lmk what you think.
My customer has a few in different calibers. 6.5 , 556, 300 BO. They are nice.
He has a 556 in 16" barrel and 18". Shot them both. They are really nice rifles. He has the eotech set up on the 16" and I was on target at 150 yards standing (aided by stabilizing on his truck hood). Looking forward to playing with it and dialing it in. Will keep you posted.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:16 AM 12-05-2020
While still sort of ridiculous, perhaps this is a good sign that things might be starting to trend in the right direction.
Attached: Screenshot 2020-12-05 091432.jpg (134.4 KB) 
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:23 AM 12-05-2020
$2.25 a round for .243. That just makes me laugh...

GloryDayz: (2021 deer season pep talk...) Hey son, one shot one kill, OK?

Son: OK, day, I'll do my best.

GloryDayz: No son, here's your one bullet for the day... $2.25 dude!

Son: No problem daddy-o, I'll text you a pic after I field dress it...
Attached: Screenshot 2020-12-05 091803.jpg (28.3 KB) 
[Reply]
Bwana 09:29 AM 12-05-2020
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
$2.25 a round for .243. That just makes me laugh...

GloryDayz: (2021 deer season pep talk...) Hey son, one shot one kill, OK?

Son: OK, day, I'll do my best.

GloryDayz: No son, here's your one bullet for the day... $2.25 dude!

Son: No problem daddy-o, I'll text you a pic after I field dress it...

Wow

How's steel case .223 trending these days? Up, down, the same?
[Reply]
R Clark 09:33 AM 12-05-2020
Originally Posted by Bwana:
Wow

How's steel case .223 trending for these days? Up, down, the same?
I don’t know about steel but was able to but federal 223 bulk for .87 cents . I know what a bargain lol
[Reply]
R Clark 09:33 AM 12-05-2020
55 grain
[Reply]
GloryDayz 09:41 AM 12-05-2020
Wow

How's steel case .223 trending for these days? Up, down, the same?
Honestly, recently, the prices have been so stupid that I never bothered to worry about brass vs. steel, I just moved on and decided to be very frugal with my current inventory until more reasonable options surfaced.

I was hoping some enterprising 3rd world nations would see the opportunity, tool up, and add inventory to the American market since the current U.S. and other traditional suppliers aren't able to meet demand. The quality might not be to the standard we want, but it's better than what we're seeing right now.

But like I've said, I've learned my lesson, if inventory and prices come back to what we saw in 2019, I won't be caught with so few rounds ever again.

It's the 243 that floors me, even thought it's a great round, let's face it, it's generally an entry round for youth deer hunting. How did that round become so hard to get?
[Reply]
Pointer19 09:41 AM 12-05-2020
Originally Posted by R Clark:
I don’t know about steel but was able to but federal 223 bulk for .87 cents . I know what a bargain lol
I'm pumping thousands into an ammo investment if prices ever go back to normal.
[Reply]
Bwana 09:50 AM 12-05-2020
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Honestly, recently, the prices have been so stupid that I never bothered to worry about brass vs.
steel, I just moved on and decided to be very frugal with my current inventory until more reasonable options surfaced.

Honestly, I was hoping some enterprising 3rd world nations would see the opportunity, tool up, and add inventory to the American market since the current U.S. and other traditional suppliers aren't able to meet demand. The quality might not be to the standard we want, but it's better than what we're seeing right now.

But like I've said, I've learned my lesson, if inventory and prices come back to what we saw in 2019, I won't be caught with so few rounds.

It's the 243 that floors me, even thought it's a great round, let's face it, it's generally an entry round for youth deer hunting. How did that round become so hard to get?

Most every round is hard to get. I have never seen anything like it. Thankfully, I'm well stocked in everything I shoot, for now. I was able to sell my excess AR's, AK's, along with a S&W model 66 Combat .357 in record time, for a nice profit as well.
[Reply]
Bwana 09:51 AM 12-05-2020
Originally Posted by R Clark:

Yeah we live in interesting times.
[Reply]
R Clark 10:00 AM 12-05-2020
Originally Posted by Pointer19:
I'm pumping thousands into an ammo investment if prices ever go back to normal.
Being a dumbass myself I don’t buy on the internet my wife handles all of that. So my son found the 223 shells on line so he bought us 1200 rounds I assumed they weren’t steel. I ve assumed shit in the past and it bit me in the ass .I really don’t know a hell of a lot about steel .I’ve hunted all my life and everything was brass and I read a post where bawna said to stay away from the steel and it made sense since I’d never seen it in any rounds I’d bought for hunting in 243 or 30 06 .I was at a local gun shop the other day and all he had to sell if you weren’t buying a gun from him was two boxes of 223 and they were manufactured in Russia, got just cause at the time that’s all I could lay hands on and figure I’d stash them just in case.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:27 AM 12-05-2020
Most every round is hard to get. I have never seen anything like it. Thankfully, I'm well stocked in everything I shoot, for now. I was able to sell my excess AR's, AK's, along with a S&W model 66 Combat .357 in record time, for a nice profit as well.
Oh I get it, I'm still shocked. And the kicker is, while my son was chomping at the bit to start using my full size 30-06, and he was successful with it with his first deer of the season this year, he decided to go back to the .243 because he just likes it better. He'll outgrow it in time, but we all know that's a bit subjective too. He'd love the extra 2-3 inches of barrel, but now that he's learned "his" rifle, like so many of us have learned through the years, it's more about knowing your platform than the other things that people make too much of. So he's 3 for 3 with one shot/one kill, and a bow kill too, but he said numbers 2 and 3 were no-brainers. He gets it now, both platforms are zeroed and at the ranges he's shooting, at or inside 150 yards, neither one takes a lot of calculating to put a round in the neck or heart, it's a confidence thing.

Now, will he stay in the .243 platform? Not forever, but I'm happy that he knows he doesn't need to go to 30-06, 30-30, or 7mm just because of the hype and the chit-chat he hears at deer camp. Now that I've got him studying each round's ballistic characteristics, the type of hunting he does, and where he does it he's pretty-much set on the .270 platform, so that might be my next purchase. And he knows, any time he wants to, or needs to, use my 30-06, all he has to do is ask. But I'm super-impressed with the .270 round, so if he wants to inherit my 30-06 and I use the .270, well, OK. But I doubt that'll be the case.

All that being said, next time around I think we're going to look into some better scopes. What he has work fine for what we're doing, but I think it might be time to put some coin into some glass and see if we can stretch those decent groups out a little farther and actually start to get to the point where the target (even if paper) is far enough away so the MOA calculations I've been having him work on actually mean something more than theory.

Hey, it's all about father/son time, and it's worth it. And was can't dive a whole hell of a lot in the winter... :-)
[Reply]
Page 265 of 341
« First < 165215255261262263264265 266267268269275315 > Last »
Up