ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 165 of 341
« First < 65115155161162163164165 166167168169175215265 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
HonestChieffan 11:58 AM 01-23-2011
Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?
[Reply]
Raiderhater 03:33 PM 03-01-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
I believe that you can replace the stock safety with a decocker-only aftermarket part, which Beretta also makes. Then you don't have to worry about leaving the safety on.

Or you can do what I always did and just leave the safety off. The gun is a DA/SA already, so for the first round the gun operates exactly like a typical revolver; you don't have safeties on revolvers because you don't need one. The long DA trigger pull is your safety.

[Reply]
Megatron96 03:36 PM 03-01-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
My primary carry gun is a CZ 75 D compact. Love the decocker.
That's a pretty nice gun. The example I shot had a gritty trigger I didn't like in DA, but once in SA I liked that thing a lot.

About 6 years ago I decided I wanted SA/striker triggers only for my carry/home defense guns and settled on the S&W M&P line of pistols for training, competition and carry. With the Apex Tactical aftermarket triggers they feel very much like typical SA triggers, just a little heavier. Now any gun I pick up whether it's a 1911 or a M&P, they operate fundamentally the same.

I still have a few DA/SA guns, but I don't carry any of them anymore. Mostly I just take them to the range for some fun every couple of months. The only exception is my SIG P229.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 04:25 PM 03-01-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
The only issue I have with the Beretta as a home defender is the external safety. Unless you practice/familiarize yourself to the point where disengaging the safety becomes second nature, which most of us won't do, if a situation arises (and those situations tend to come unannounced), you may forget that it's on. And that's really bad. The less you have to think about the better.

I agree. I keep the safety "on" on my .45 (the Springfield). It is on my nightstand but I -over the years - have practiced releasing the safety a thousand times. If need be, it would be second nature to me.

Of course, my EDC (the P365) has no safety - no problem.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 04:34 PM 03-01-2020
Due to my complete dislike of trigger pulls associated with the DA only pistols that are all the craze now I only own a couple and they are not home defense guns, let alone carry guns. My three carry guns are 2 1911s and a .45 H&K USP Compact (one of the 1911s doubles as my home defense weapon). The H&K is a DA/SA and I carry it condition 1 just like my 1911s. This is what I’m accustomed too; disengaging the safety is just routine to me.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 04:45 PM 03-01-2020
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
Due to my complete dislike of trigger pulls associated with the DA only pistols that are all the craze now I only own a couple and they are not home defense guns, let alone carry guns. My three carry guns are 2 1911s and a .45 H&K USP Compact (one of the 1911s doubles as my home defense weapon). The H&K is a DA/SA and I carry it condition 1 just like my 1911s. This is what I’m accustomed too; disengaging the safety is just routine to me.
You carry the 1911s with hammer in full cock?
My CC instructor. Gave those instructions to the class for external hammer hand guns.
I dont do it.
Then again I dont carry very often either.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:48 PM 03-01-2020
Cocked and locked is the only way to carry a 1911.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 04:54 PM 03-01-2020
Originally Posted by LiveSteam:
You carry the 1911s with hammer in full cock?
My CC instructor. Gave those instructions to the class for external hammer hand guns.
I dont do it.
Then again I dont carry very often either.
Absolutely. The gun “experts” ( I’m using quotations but the esteemed Col. Jeff Cooper was definitely an expert) advocate that not only is it safe but, when carrying it is the safest way to carry (a 1911).

https://www.americanrifleman.org/art...e-1911-pistol/
[Reply]
Raiderhater 04:54 PM 03-01-2020
Cocked and locked is the only way to carry a 1911.
Amen.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 04:54 PM 03-01-2020
Thats what I hear.
I only carry out boating on the Missouri river at night for flatheads. Ive ran across some strange shit at night along the banks of the Muddy. Especially on the Council Bluffs Iowa side.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:02 PM 03-01-2020
Originally Posted by LiveSteam:
Thats what I hear.
I only carry out boating on the Missouri river at night for flatheads. Ive ran across some strange shit at night along the banks of the Muddy. Especially on the Council Bluffs Iowa side.
For boating/fishing I used to carry either a Ruger GP-100 or a S&W M69 in a chest holster. Actually had it made by a buddy; looks something like the holster Val Kilmer sported in "Tombstone."

But recently I went to a S&W M&P40C for that sort of thing because it still operates much like a 1911/SA gun, won't rust, doesn't have a safety to worry about, has a rail to mount a light on and it's dark much of the time I fish. And finally the gun costs about $400 so if I really screw up and drop the thing in the river or lake, I'm not out $1,000+ like I would be if I dropped one of my 1911s.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:16 PM 03-01-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I haven’t got it yet but I think so.
They didn’t give me a bronze one but I dig it nonetheless.

[Reply]
LiveSteam 07:20 PM 03-01-2020
Nice
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:21 PM 03-01-2020

Nice piece. Judging from the pic your hands are big enough that I don't think you'll have an issue with the grip size. Clean and lube that bitch, stuff her full of 9s, and clear her throat a few hundred times.
[Reply]
Frazod 07:32 PM 03-01-2020
That's a pretty nice gun. The example I shot had a gritty trigger I didn't like in DA, but once in SA I liked that thing a lot.

About 6 years ago I decided I wanted SA/striker triggers only for my carry/home defense guns and settled on the S&W M&P line of pistols for training, competition and carry. With the Apex Tactical aftermarket triggers they feel very much like typical SA triggers, just a little heavier. Now any gun I pick up whether it's a 1911 or a M&P, they operate fundamentally the same.

I still have a few DA/SA guns, but I don't carry any of them anymore. Mostly I just take them to the range for some fun every couple of months. The only exception is my SIG P229.
Mine has a competition trigger and hammer, and I had some additional work done on top of that. The DA pull is about the same as most regular triggers, and the SA pull is next to nothing.
[Reply]
Frazod 07:33 PM 03-01-2020

Seems like false advertising, but it'll shoot just the same.
[Reply]
Page 165 of 341
« First < 65115155161162163164165 166167168169175215265 > Last »
Up