ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 341
« First < 289101112 131415162262112 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
HonestChieffan 11:58 AM 01-23-2011
Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?
[Reply]
notorious 10:45 PM 12-16-2015
http://www.centerfiresystems.com/rifles-ak.aspx
[Reply]
dred 10:49 PM 12-16-2015
Nice link, notorious.

The AK63D AK-47 Underfolder with Milled Receiver is one sexy beast.
[Reply]
Lzen 01:58 PM 12-17-2015
Don't want this to turn into a political debate but I thought it was good info. This seems like as good a place as any to post this.

[Reply]
Lzen 03:35 PM 12-22-2015
FYI

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...a4d_story.html
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 06:11 PM 12-22-2015
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/m...5acp_5_package

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/m...ed_8+1_45acp_5

So I just broke down and ordered these..girlfriend came home asking where the money in the savings went

[Reply]
Munson 06:37 PM 12-22-2015
Originally Posted by mac459:
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/m...5acp_5_package

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/m...ed_8+1_45acp_5

So I just broke down and ordered these..girlfriend came home asking where the money in the savings went

The Springfield Mil-Spec is a nice gun. I used to have one, but sold it a few months ago. Probably should've kept it. I don't have any experience with the Remington 1911's.

Are you aware of the Remington and Springfield rebates going on right now?
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 06:40 PM 12-22-2015
Originally Posted by Munson:
The Springfield Mil-Spec is a nice gun. I used to have one, but sold it a few months ago. Probably should've kept it. I don't have any experience with the Remington 1911's.

Yeah someone said something about they had mail in rebates..I haven't looked into it yet but since you reminded me I am going to do that
[Reply]
Sensual Lardass 06:44 PM 12-22-2015
Originally Posted by Munson:

That Mil-Spec is a great gun to start with when you are building something custom. Remington 1911's are decent guns for the money. Ruger makes a good one as well. I have a buddy in Alaska who killed 5 or 6 deer with his last year.
[Reply]
bdj23 07:40 PM 12-22-2015
So, I kinda have new gun fever. I have about $1000 saved up so far to put toward a new hand gun. Any advice at all is appreciated, the only criteria I i want met are:

Full frame
9mm
15+ capacity
Threaded barrel

So far I like the HK USP tactical and the Beretta m9a3. Anyone familiar with either of them?
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 08:12 PM 12-22-2015
Originally Posted by BDj23:
So, I kinda have new gun fever. I have about $1000 saved up so far to put toward a new hand gun. Any advice at all is appreciated, the only criteria I i want met are:

Full frame
9mm
15+ capacity
Threaded barrel

So far I like the HK USP tactical and the Beretta m9a3. Anyone familiar with either of them?
I love H&K pistols..reliable, good shooting, like the way they feel in my hand..so that would be my choice

I hate Berettas..with a passion..probably because we had the real shitty military version when I was in the Army and they were junk..so I am biased on that side

If you can go to a gun range somewhere and rent them to see how you like them I would do that..if not go with whatever you feel like will be the best for you
[Reply]
bdj23 09:41 PM 12-22-2015
Originally Posted by mac459:
I love H&K pistols..reliable, good shooting, like the way they feel in my hand..so that would be my choice

I hate Berettas..with a passion..probably because we had the real shitty military version when I was in the Army and they were junk..so I am biased on that side

If you can go to a gun range somewhere and rent them to see how you like them I would do that..if not go with whatever you feel like will be the best for you
I've owned a 92a1 before and thought it was a beautiful gun, very accurate, but just a bit big for me. Going by the photos of the a3, it looks slimmed down a tad. I do miss my Beretta.

I've also heard that former servicemen either love or hate them, based on what condition their issued one was in. My vet friends are 50/50 on em it seems like.

I've never shot or held an HK pistol, but I've heard that the USP tactical is a great gun, it also has a nice $1200 price tag on it. I've been looking for an HK dealer in that has one in stock around the Lawrence/Topeka/KC area, but no dice. I'd like to shoot one before I spend that kind of money on it.
[Reply]
notorious 10:10 PM 12-22-2015
I own a Berretta 92 FS and like it, but I got to shoot a surppressed FN 45 and it was awesome.

The Berretta's grip is huge, so if you have small hands stay away.

2400 for the FN setup, though. Ouch.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 10:25 PM 12-22-2015
Originally Posted by BDj23:
I've owned a 92a1 before and thought it was a beautiful gun, very accurate, but just a bit big for me. Going by the photos of the a3, it looks slimmed down a tad. I do miss my Beretta.

I've also heard that former servicemen either love or hate them, based on what condition their issued one was in. My vet friends are 50/50 on em it seems like.

I've never shot or held an HK pistol, but I've heard that the USP tactical is a great gun, it also has a nice $1200 price tag on it. I've been looking for an HK dealer in that has one in stock around the Lawrence/Topeka/KC area, but no dice. I'd like to shoot one before I spend that kind of money on it.
Yeah the one I had and almost everyone around me had lived past their days..slides were loose..grips were junk..mags didn't want to seat..barrels were shot out too..horrible..so horrible..so that's why I don't like them and suggest you listen to others on that..cause I'm an asshole
[Reply]
ReynardMuldrake 11:43 PM 12-22-2015
I just spent part of my Christmas bonus on a 12 gauge. First time I've owned one. Looking forward to trying it out at the range soon.
[Reply]
notorious 07:52 AM 12-23-2015
Originally Posted by ReynardMuldrake:
I just spent part of my Christmas bonus on a 12 gauge. First time I've owned one. Looking forward to trying it out at the range soon.
Awesome.

For a few "HOLY SHIT" moments, buy some slugs and shoot a watermelon.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 341
« First < 289101112 131415162262112 > Last »
Up