ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 103 of 341
« First < 3539399100101102103 104105106107113153203 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
HonestChieffan 11:58 AM 01-23-2011
Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?
[Reply]
Otter 02:50 PM 02-11-2018
Anyone have experience with Ruger Mini 14 Ranch Rifles? I was shooting one this weekend and was pretty impressed. Seems like the perfect rifle (weight, power, etc) to have in the truck or tent when in the middle of nowhere.
[Reply]
SAUTO 02:55 PM 02-11-2018
Originally Posted by Otter:
Anyone have experience with Ruger Mini 14 Ranch Rifles? I was shooting one this weekend and was pretty impressed. Seems like the perfect rifle (weight, power, etc) to have in the truck or tent when in the middle of nowhere.
When im out and about in the fields I keep one on the passenger side. Coyote doesn't stand a chance.

I've beaten it to shit and its very dependable
[Reply]
bigjosh 03:01 PM 02-11-2018
A few people I know have had issues with them. A friend of mine has about 5000 rounds through his without issue, but another friend has sent his back for repair about 5 times now and he hardly ever shoots the thing.

http://www.activeresponsetraining.ne...-ruger-mini-14

I like them personally, but I probably would go with something else if it was an "Im in the middle of nowhere by myself" gun.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 03:39 PM 02-11-2018
One of the best handy rifles out there. Owned one since I was 16. Open the chamber , drop a mag in , hold it by the barrel and tap the but on the ground and it will chamber a round by itself. I've killed more shit with it than anything.
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 03:41 PM 02-11-2018
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
One of the best handy rifles out there. Owned one since I was 16. Open the chamber , drop a mag in , hold it by the barrel and tap the but on the ground and it will chamber a round by itself. I've killed more shit with it than anything.
:-) but not safe.
[Reply]
Frazod 03:42 PM 02-11-2018
The only thing I'll say is the same thing that was said to me when I bought my Springfield M1A - yeah, it's a good gun, but why not get an AR?

I my case, I liked the old school aspect of it. It's a great gun. But I am limited when it comes to options in a way that I wouldn't be had I got an AR10.

So if you're cool with that, or (as I suspect) already have at least one AR and want something different just because you want something different, then enjoy.
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 03:42 PM 02-11-2018
I kinda want a mini 14 but I just can't bring myself to buy one...
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:09 PM 02-11-2018
Mini 14s are just about always in the top 3 of any 'best all purpose survival rifle' list
[Reply]
Frazod 04:11 PM 02-11-2018
Originally Posted by bigjosh:
This POS was my first handgun purchase, and subsequently the last american made firearm I bought. It is unreliable. It jams, fails to eject, double feeds, fails to feed. The extractor has broken twice, the trigger is heavier than a big block Chevy, the front sight hit me in the face while firing, and the barrel is basically a smooth bore at this point. I have been forced over the years to make some improvements with the night sight, and black chrome finish on the slide and barrel. I was offered about 30 bucks more than I paid for the damn thing today and I just couldn't let it go. Nostalgia and stuff I guess.

Anyways, I was wondering if anybody else has a problem child gun that they just can't get rid of.

Sw40gve

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk
Didn't notice this before.

Dude, get rid of it. GET. RID. OF. IT. If that guy still wants it, sell it immediately. Unless he's a friend and you value his life. If there's a local shop that allows you to sell it on consignment, do that. Or sell it on gun broker. But seriously, what's the point of having a useless weapon that you don't trust, unless it's some sort of valuable antique? Doesn't matter what sort of bling you put on it if it doesn't go bang when you pull the trigger.
[Reply]
bigjosh 04:13 PM 02-11-2018
ehh, to me, if you are going to get something in 5.56 or .223 why not get the standard rifle that can be modified in thousands of ways and has millions of aftermarket parts to suit your needs?

Dont get me wrong, Id keep a mini 14 if I had one, but I wouldn't buy it over other options.
[Reply]
Tombstone RJ 04:16 PM 02-11-2018
ehh, to me, if you are going to get something in 5.56 or .223 why not get the standard rifle that can be modified in thousands of ways and has millions of aftermarket parts to suit your needs?

Dont get me wrong, Id keep a mini 14 if I had one, but I wouldn't buy it over other options.
True. Plus, ARs are cheap right now. You can pay less than $500 for a solid AR.
[Reply]
bigjosh 04:20 PM 02-11-2018
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Didn't notice this before.

Dude, get rid of it. GET. RID. OF. IT. If that guy still wants it, sell it immediately. Unless he's a friend and you value his life. If there's a local shop that allows you to sell it on consignment, do that. Or sell it on gun broker. But seriously, what's the point of having a useless weapon that you don't trust, unless it's some sort of valuable antique? Doesn't matter what sort of bling you put on it if it doesn't go bang when you pull the trigger.
It definitely wouldn't even come out of the cabinet in case of emergency. :-). I still bring it to the range occasionally just to get rid of some of the .40SW that I have built up over the years. Funny thing is that it has been eating up all the shitty steel that I have with no problems. It used to choke on brass and aluminum case all the time. Im going to hold on to it. The guy kind of backed down about buying it when I brought it up to him again. Probably went and read internet reviews on the fucking thing. haha.
[Reply]
bigjosh 04:21 PM 02-11-2018
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ:
True. Plus, ARs are cheap right now. You can pay less than $500 for a solid AR.
Exactly. Hell you can build a quality AR for less than 400$ too.
[Reply]
bdj23 04:21 PM 02-11-2018
I own a mini 14
[Reply]
Frazod 04:29 PM 02-11-2018
It definitely wouldn't even come out of the cabinet in case of emergency. :-). I still bring it to the range occasionally just to get rid of some of the .40SW that I have built up over the years. Funny thing is that it has been eating up all the shitty steel that I have with no problems. It used to choke on brass and aluminum case all the time. Im going to hold on to it. The guy kind of backed down about buying it when I brought it up to him again. Probably went and read internet reviews on the fucking thing. haha.
What the fuck is it, anyway? Can't tell from the angle of the photo.
[Reply]
Page 103 of 341
« First < 3539399100101102103 104105106107113153203 > Last »
Up