ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 186 of 221
« First < 86136176182183184185186 187188189190196 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Fishing Thread
Easy 6 07:58 PM 02-19-2010
Searched around & only found the video fishing & BassMasters threads, i know their are plenty of outdoorsman here, so i figured it'd be cool to draw upon the Planets vast experience in all things fishing.

I only use spincast reels & fish mostly large/smallmouth bass & cats. My choice of reels is quite the source of derision from many people i know 'duffer gear', but i haul in my share of 6 pound bass & 10-20 pound cats on that gear no problem. With a little know-how you can use just about any technique you want to on 'duffer gear'.

Berkley Powerbaits are a big part of my trick bag, the difference between those & regular stuff is night & day. My best action last summer came on Mister Twister scented white curly tail grubs, on one day fishing from shore to a bridge pier, i caught smallies, bigmouths, perch & even 1 carp believe it or not... great day. But my bread & butter is a texas rigged Berkley worm, it'll wiggle through any kind of cover without getting hung up.

With cats i strictly bottom fish, no bobber & bait is just as basic... but its always in 2's to give'em a real treat... a shrimp/with a nightcrawler, liver/chunk of cheese etc. Cats are mostly for night sport to me, time to kick back a lil...

So thats me style, how do the rest of you guys get your fish on? What do you fish for, what do you use? IIRC Missouri's trout season just kicked off, anyone getting anything?
[Reply]
lewdog 12:43 PM 05-10-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Nice! Where is that?
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:18 PM 05-10-2020
Originally Posted by Sofa King:
Cool pic. You take it I assume?
Yeah but I futzed with it a little.

Originally Posted by lewdog:
Nice! Where is that?
Anthem community park ponds.
[Reply]
Sofa King 02:01 PM 05-10-2020
That's a nice fish.
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:24 PM 05-10-2020
I've been watching a lot of this Tennessee good ol boy lately, from panfish to huge catfish and everything in-between theres nothing he cant teach you about fishing

If you love fishing, you'll love this guy

For my part, last week I pulled three 1 pound to pound and a half largemouth out of the town brook, finally found a good deep hole and got more than just creek chub... in no more than a foot and a half of water

I just love finding little spots no one ever thinks to fish, people always want monsters but those three fish were a lot of fun and proved you can find fish in ANY little mudpuddle
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:52 PM 05-10-2020
Originally Posted by Sofa King:
That's a nice fish.
Yeah, and the nice part is there's lots of them about the same size or even a touch bigger. And they eat a lot of the usual trout flies, so i get to fish my Winstons and my usual assortment of dries. And when they eat, they put up a nice fight.
[Reply]
Graystoke 06:31 PM 05-10-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Yeah, and the nice part is there's lots of them about the same size or even a touch bigger. And they eat a lot of the usual trout flies, so i get to fish my Winstons and my usual assortment of dries. And when they eat, they put up a nice fight.
Sounds like when the Crappie spawn hits my lake. Couple more warm days and they will come into shore. Just to much fun on a 3wt.
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:27 PM 05-10-2020
Originally Posted by Graystoke:
Sounds like when the Crappie spawn hits my lake. Couple more warm days and they will come into shore. Just to much fun on a 3wt.
Wish we had crappie in these ponds. The bluegill are a lot of fun, but their mouths are so tiny they can't get a hopper or a PMX in their mouths. Yesterday had a good bluegill try to eat a Moorish hopper and couldn't get the thing in there. He attacked it 5-6 times on the same cast. The second time he hit so hard he knocked it about 2 feet into the air.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 08:04 AM 06-20-2020
My daughter turns 20 the end of this month. I'm thinking I'm gonna get her a lifetime fishing license. She'll be so unexcited!

But I'll be thrilled.
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:44 PM 06-20-2020
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
My daughter turns 20 the end of this month. I'm thinking I'm gonna get her a lifetime fishing license. She'll be so unexcited!

But I'll be thrilled.
Heh, I feel ya... my daughter pretty much despises anything outdoorsy, but I always insist on taking her fishing at least once a year
[Reply]
Pablo 11:00 PM 06-20-2020
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:

But I'll be thrilled.
Whatever it takes to keep her away from whackin' hogs.
[Reply]
jerryaldini 11:31 PM 06-20-2020
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
I just love finding little spots no one ever thinks to fish, people always want monsters but those three fish were a lot of fun and proved you can find fish in ANY little mudpuddle
Love this! Biggest bass I ever caught was in a little half acre pond that I never saw anyone fish. I was dragging a weighted jig on the bottom when it just stopped, thought I was snagged, then started slowly moving across the pond. Next thing I see a 10 pounder come up trying to shake it. What a thrill. Never caught more than a 2 pounder in there after that. Love small water.
[Reply]
threebag 07:34 AM 06-21-2020
My boy caught a 8lb Channel on a medium light rod. He had a lot of fun. He thought he had a monster. Took him about 5 minutes to get him in. He had wrapped around something and my boy had to wait for him to free himself. It was fun to watch.

He put a mean bend on my boys new Lew’s one piece rod
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 08:08 AM 06-21-2020
Originally Posted by threebag02:
My boy caught a 8lb Channel on a medium light rod. He had a lot of fun. He thought he had a monster. Took him about 5 minutes to get him in. He had wrapped around something and my boy had to wait for him to free himself. It was fun to watch.

Awesome! You'll both remember that forever.:-)
[Reply]
Rasputin 02:34 PM 06-21-2020

[Reply]
Pablo 05:03 PM 06-21-2020
Originally Posted by threebag02:

Shit, those size are a blast to catch. Can't wait until my son is old enough and interested enough to actually go out with me and catch anything.
[Reply]
Page 186 of 221
« First < 86136176182183184185186 187188189190196 > Last »
Up