ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 167
« First < 7891011 121314152161111 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Pets of Chiefs Planet
pr_capone 01:04 AM 10-22-2006
I know there are some animal lovers here.

Lets see whatcha got.

From left to right:

Suzy (Chow Mix)- 1.5 yrs old
Mandi (Long Haired Miniature Dachshund) - 13 years old
Angie (Dapple Haired Miniature Dachshunds) - 4 years old

Angie is the one that rides the motorcycle with me.
[Reply]
steelyeyed57 11:22 AM 01-25-2007
Ophelia. She'll be 2 years old in July.
Attached: ophelia.jpg (27.4 KB) 
[Reply]
Radar Chief 11:26 AM 01-25-2007
Originally Posted by steelyeyed57:
Ophelia. She'll be 2 years old in July.
Heh, Ophelia. That’s a good name for a basset. :-)
[Reply]
Lzen 06:16 PM 01-25-2007
Originally Posted by ck_IN:
This is Charlie. She was found by our vet running loose.

Our cocker had just died and the wife had went to the vet to tie up some lose ends. The vet mentioned Charlie and asked my wife if she'd like to see her. That afternoon I got a call asking if I wanted a dog at which point I knew my seeing the dog was just a formality.

At any rate she's the sweetest dog I've ever had. This pic is her in her favourite chair keeping an eye on the neighborhood.
She's adorable. What kind of dog is that? She looks like some kind of long haired doberman.
[Reply]
memyselfI 08:16 PM 01-25-2007
Here's my baby...

I have two other pets but she's the apple of my eye.
Attached: MVC-003L (600 x 450).jpg (62.3 KB) 
[Reply]
bogie 08:42 PM 01-25-2007
Originally Posted by Redrum_69:
well, I was doing pretty good until I read this. sorry for you loss. I havent had a pet for a few years, but the last one I had was an australian shepherd for 17 years. She was the best dog I ever had and we lost her in 2002. God has it been four years? We picked her up when in the late summer, before I started 6th grade. All that time, all that life and memories we shared. I would rush home from school and spend the afternoon and weekends with her chasing rabbits in the field and brush. My parents have about 100 acres along with all the neighbors land that I had permission to be on, so it was about a two mile wide by three mile long tract of land. Forests, ponds, prairie grass....great opportunities and endless summers.

I would take her out to hunt mice and rats. I would just stand and watch her track down the next mouse. She would stand there, cock her head to the left and right listening. All I could hear was a slight wind, a meadowlark here and there....but she was picking up on what was underground. All of a sudden she would leap into the air and pounce on the grass, digging furiously into the ground. Yipping and growling she would stick her muzzle into the mouse hole, with deep inhales she would be infused with the mouse presence in that hole. Sometimes I would help her dig out that hole and pull out the mouse nest.

All winter long, through ice and snow, days were spent sledding and chasing dreams of summer. She was the most loyal dog I had and friend I have ever had. She would always be waiting for me when I stepped off the bus and was confused when I started driving to school, but would still be waiting for me at the garage when I returned.

The years seemed to flash by after graduation and my days were spent working long hours. She seemed to realize that our times were cut short. But yet she was always ready to go run, fish, play catch or frisbee.

Then when I moved out it really took the toll. My apartment wouldnt allow dogs and mom had grown attached to her so she stayed at home. But she still wouldnt sleep or eat much until I was around.

She suffered a stroke/heart attack around Christmas in 2001. She just wasnt the same after that happened, which most pets/people arent. Whenever I came around she would perk right up though and would ignore whatever pain she was in just to spend time with me. I knew it wouldnt be too long though, because mom said when I would leave she would just go back over to the fireplace and sleep.

Mom catered to her needs as best she could, but in 2002 when I was having a real shitty day at work I received a call. Mom said she took her over to the vet because she wasnt moving. Her eyes would be looking around the room, but she couldnt move her body. The vet said she suffered another stroke that was worse than the first one. She wouldnt be coming back from this one and had to put her to sleep. I couldnt be there. I should have been there to hold her paw when she left this world, but everything happened so fast and from what the vet and mom said she was suffering. So they put her to sleep.

They buried her in the backyard, near the barn where we spent time and time again...a boy and his dog...linked in memories, never to be replaced, never forgotten, and forever cherished.
Great post. Great story. It made me cry, I can relate, I hope you're not BSing.
[Reply]
Lzen 10:22 PM 01-28-2007
My latest addition. This is Sophie.
Attached: Sophie3aa.JPG (64.5 KB) 
[Reply]
pr_capone 10:25 PM 01-28-2007
Sophie is very cute!
[Reply]
Redrum_69 09:34 AM 01-29-2007
Originally Posted by bogie:
Great post. Great story. It made me cry, I can relate, I hope you're not BSing.

I'd never bullshit anyone when it comes to my best friend.
[Reply]
Chief Pote 01-29-2007, 10:07 AM
This message has been deleted by Chief Pote.
Chief Pote 10:13 AM 01-29-2007
Alright, alright......I've seen all the others and they're cute. BUT wait till you see our little one.
Attached: winnie.jpg (115.8 KB) 
[Reply]
Chief Pote 10:16 AM 01-29-2007
She was wearing her favorite collar this day. Don't make fun of her.
Attached: Winnie2.JPG (343.4 KB) 
[Reply]
ck_IN 10:20 AM 01-29-2007
She's adorable. What kind of dog is that? She looks like some kind of long haired doberman.

Take a guess Lzen you'd probably know as much as we do. As I said our vet picked her up as a stray.

From the looks of her though I call her a borderman; half border collie, half doberman. She has the body and color of a dobie but the fur and mind of a border.

It's funny though because she loves to hunt mice exactly the way redrum described. Right down to cocking her head and leaping into the air.
[Reply]
MOhillbilly 10:25 AM 01-29-2007
i think its one of them taco bell dogs.
[Reply]
Chief Pote 10:28 AM 01-29-2007
Originally Posted by MOhillbilly:
i think its one of them taco bell dogs.
Yup...she'll eat tacos and anything else she can get ahold of. I guess that's typical of Chihuahuas.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:44 AM 01-29-2007
Some more pics of our dog:
Attached: Oreoxmas1.JPG (37.3 KB) oreofirstday.JPG (57.4 KB) 
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 10:51 AM 01-29-2007
Originally Posted by Lzen:
My latest addition. This is Sophie.
Nice addition.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 167
« First < 7891011 121314152161111 > Last »
Up