ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 148 of 162
« First < 4898138144145146147148 149150151152158 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>So it’s really just the Steelers [or Bills] right?
RunKC 09:41 PM 09-28-2020
I mean goddamn this conference seems wrapped up doesn’t it? Not trying to jinx us but it really seems like injuries are our biggest opponent at this point.

The Ravens are fucking frauds. They’re a warm up for us. We literally made these guys look like the JV squad the last 2 meetings.

And sure the Bills and Titans may make us work for the win, but in all honesty we have to play pretty goddamn shitty to lose to those guys.

In order to have any shot at beating us you need 3 things:

1. Elite pass rush
2. Top 10 QB capable of making critical plays
3. Overall talented roster

Steelers are the only team in the AFC that has those 3 things, and even them it’s not like they’re some serious threat like the Patriots a couple years back, but they seem like the best of the rest.

I think at this point it would be disappointing for this team to not get to the SB 3 straight times.

We’re just that good, and we keep drafting well and get better and better.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:40 AM 12-24-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
O
they lost in the last 14 seconds of the game. On some silly nonsense play. If there were 2 minutes left in that game, they would've marched it downfield and won that game.

They basically lost that game in exactly the same way the Chiefs lost to the Patriots the first time in 2018. The offense did their job, and the defense shit the bed.

Don't tell me that the Browns lost "because they're the Browns," because that's a load of BS. They scored 22 points in the 4th Q against the 5th best scoring defense in the league. They racked up more yards, more TOP, and more 1st downs than BAL.

CLE has a legit offense that has scored more than 100 points over their last 3 games. They just have a decimated defense. Once they get some defensive starters back, they'll be more dangerous than the Titans, for certain.
I think some people just have an irrational hatred of Mayfield and are personally invested in him failing. I don't know if they're college football fans that hate OU or what, but it's palpable. It's kinda weird.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 08:52 AM 12-24-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I think some people just have an irrational hatred of Mayfield and are personally invested in him failing. I don't know if they're college football fans that hate OU or what, but it's palpable. It's kinda weird.
Perhaps....I'm not one of those guys. I have no specific hatred for Baker....

I do think Baker can be rattled, and rattled very easily. Many think that Josh Allen is prone to making mistake, and he is, but we're going to pretend Baker doesn't do dumb things as well.

Stefanski and McDermott/Daboll have done good masking the deficiencies and putting the players in a position to succeed, but the Chiefs had no problem turning Allen into a mere mortal because they applied copious amounts of pressure (and don't use weather as an excuse....Pat was 21 for 26 for 225 in a game we racked up 185 rushing yards. When Pat needed to throw, it was not a problem).

The Chiefs didn't sack Allen one time, and didn't need to....they made him run around, took away certain options, and (amazingly!) he was barely above 50% passing on that day. And what is the knock been on Allen: Stupid plays and inaccuracy! Well, he managed to avoid stupid plays, but boy was he inaccurate.

My point is that there there will be teams that can put pressure on Baker (first off by stopping the run), and he will likely resort back to who he is and cough up the ball....humans always go back to who they are when they are under duress.....In my Opinion, Baker needs a ton of help to win game, and against good teams, he will likely be exposed. Sure, he can win games against the playoff field teams, but he's not going to carry them to victory...
[Reply]
Monticore 08:54 AM 12-24-2020
He just comes across as a bit of a douche, makes it hard to root for him, I tend to always root for underdogs and small market teams in general so I am conflicted.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:00 AM 12-24-2020
Originally Posted by mililo4cpa:
Perhaps....I'm not one of those guys. I have no specific hatred for Baker....

I do think Baker can be rattled, and rattled very easily. Many think that Josh Allen is prone to making mistake, and he is, but we're going to pretend Baker doesn't do dumb things as well.

Stefanski and McDermott/Daboll have done good masking the deficiencies and putting the players in a position to succeed, but the Chiefs had no problem turning Allen into a mere mortal because they applied copious amounts of pressure (and don't use weather as an excuse....Pat was 21 for 26 for 225 in a game we racked up 185 rushing yards. When Pat needed to throw, it was not a problem).

The Chiefs didn't sack Allen one time, and didn't need to....they made him run around, took away certain options, and (amazingly!) he was barely above 50% passing on that day. And what is the knock been on Allen: Stupid plays and inaccuracy! Well, he managed to avoid stupid plays, but boy was he inaccurate.

My point is that there there will be teams that can put pressure on Baker (first off by stopping the run), and he will likely resort back to who he is and cough up the ball....humans always go back to who they are when they are under duress.....In my Opinion, Baker needs a ton of help to win game, and against good teams, he will likely be exposed. Sure, he can win games against the playoff field teams, but he's not going to carry them to victory...
I'd say Baker putting up 22 pts in the 4th quarter against the Ravens while his defense was shitting their pants says he did more than enough to win that game. And he wasn't game managing. I don't know how anyone could watch that game and not think that Baker can't take it on his shoulders and go win a game. That looked a lot like our 2018 AFCCG. But I guess the media knock on Mahomes at that point was that he couldn't win the big game, so I suppose that's a standard take now that I think about it.

Every QB needs help. And the Browns aren't a threat to KC; but neither are the Bills really. As long as KC takes care of their own business, they'll win out. But in the next tier of AFC teams it seems clear that those are the two that are becoming legit contenders.
[Reply]
notorious 09:07 AM 12-24-2020
Browns have 2 wins against teams with a winning record.
Ravens have 3 wins against teams with a winning record.
Steelers have 4 wins against teams with a winning record. 3 of those were against the Browns and Ravens.

That is a piece of shit division playing a piece of shit schedule. They will get fisted when the real bullets start flying.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:07 AM 12-24-2020
For me, it's not about Mayfield at all.

It's about the Browns.

You don't just erase 30 years of history in 14 games, especially without anything even resembling a signature win.

I felt the same way about the Chiefs. I feel the same way about the Jets and Lions.

I will believe they are good when they actually win something of significance and prove they are.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:07 AM 12-24-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
He just comes across as a bit of a douche, makes it hard to root for him, I tend to always root for underdogs and small market teams in general so I am conflicted.
Yeah, I mean that's what people who don't like him say. I think if he was their QB, they'd think he was funny and gives unrehearsed non-cliche answers.

You know how Mahomes always says the right thing? He was born to do this, he was groomed for this his whole life.

Mayfield's the kid that walked on. He's kind of a screwball. But it's not like he's a bad teammate or something. His coaches and teammates have always loved him. He's kind of cocky.

Anyway, I don't want to argue about Mayfield anymore. I kind of like that kid, nobody else on this board does, I'm sure it's got it's roots in hatred of OU, which I hate that whole fucking state with a passion since I was stationed there in the Army a million years ago. I hate fucking Oklahoma. All of it. And I don't really care that much more than I kind of root for Cleveland just because those fans have suffered for so long.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:11 AM 12-24-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
For me, it's not about Mayfield at all.

It's about the Browns.

You don't just erase 30 years of history in 14 games, especially without anything even resembling a signature win.

I felt the same way about the Chiefs. I feel the same way about the Jets and Lions.

I will believe they are good when they actually win something of significance and prove they are.
First off, the Browns are not going to the Super Bowl. They won't beat the Chiefs, even if they somehow beat the Bills. I'd call that match kind of a toss-up.

I think the Titans game was a signature win for how far they've come in a short time.

But it's fine man, I don't really care if you hate the Browns.
[Reply]
notorious 09:11 AM 12-24-2020
2 of the Ravens 3 games against winning teams was against Cleveland.

Ravens will get their dicks sucked going into the playoffs. Get ready for the fail.
[Reply]
notorious 09:15 AM 12-24-2020
There is a lot of unearned Browns love in here.

I understand why. They haven't won anything in so long it's nice to see them succeed. Pump the brakes, though. They are a team that's growing, and we've seen what happens to growing teams that overachieve with a shit schedule.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:19 AM 12-24-2020
but make me a deal htismaqe-if Mayfield's Browns beat the Bills in the play-offs, you'll admit they're legit. :-)
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:22 AM 12-24-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:

I understand why. They haven't won anything in so long it's nice to see them succeed. Pump the brakes, though. They are a team that's growing, and we've seen what happens to growing teams that overachieve with a shit schedule.
it's really just Megatron and me. Everyone else hates them.

I don't disagree with what you're saying though.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:30 AM 12-24-2020
First off, the Browns are not going to the Super Bowl. They won't beat the Chiefs, even if they somehow beat the Bills. I'd call that match kind of a toss-up.

I think the Titans game was a signature win for how far they've come in a short time.

But it's fine man, I don't really care if you hate the Browns.
I don't hate the Browns.

I don't HATE anybody.

This is the same thing that happens with Justin Herbert, TBH. There's no emotional investment in this from me. I'm not really invested at all. I'm just stating it how I see it. AFAIC, it's just a matter of fact.

I'm simply not ready to say they're good until they've proven they are. Do they look promising? Yes. Have they improved? Yes. Should their fans have some hope? Probably.

Will they win a playoff game for the first time in forever? I doubt it. They're still the Browns, at least for now.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:31 AM 12-24-2020
Originally Posted by notorious:

Exactly. :-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:32 AM 12-24-2020
but make me a deal htismaqe-if Mayfield's Browns beat the Bills in the play-offs, you'll admit they're legit. :-)
If they do that, you'll get no argument from me. That's precisely the type of win I need to see from them. :-)
[Reply]
Page 148 of 162
« First < 4898138144145146147148 149150151152158 > Last »
Up