ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 9
« First < 23456 789 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Need recommendations on Fish
Chief Roundup 11:35 AM 09-19-2020
So I need some recommendations from those who eat fish regularly.
I am not a fish eater. If fish has a strong pungent smell I can't get it past the nose. I do like Tuna fish sandwiches though.
I don't really eat seafood either. It is expensive to just try and then possibly, probably with me, throw it away because I couldn't get past the smell or texture.
The only time I have ever enjoyed Shrimp was taking them straight from the skillet where they were being cooked in butter. Once they were just a little cooler the texture changed, rubberish, and I could not eat them.
I also need to know what is the best spices to use for cooking fish.
Yes I got my blood work back and my LDL is still to damn high.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 03:33 PM 09-19-2020
I eat sardines about twice a week. I came across a brand at walmart thats in a box ,( It's a regular sardine can but it's inside a box), and it says "SEASON brand" Sardines in 100% Olive Oil, Wild Caught Skinless boneless.It says 1700mg Omega 3 Fatty Acids.

These are the best Sardines you'll ever eat. They're a little more expensive but well worth it.
[Reply]
booger 03:43 PM 09-19-2020
Reminds me of Rosey. I swear that woman smuggled sardines south of her border
[Reply]
Radar Chief 04:18 PM 09-19-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Perhaps start out with something like tilapia? Very mild taste.
Tilapia is a shit fish.
Literally, they eat shit.
Mrs. Radar and I took our son to the St. Louis zoo a couple of summers ago and you'll never guess what they kept in the hippo enclosure to help keep it clean. Yup, tilapia.
I was fortunate enough that while I was checking out the hippo enclosure one swam by and left behind a couple of hippo nuggets in its wake, and before those nuggets even started settling to the bottom several tilapia swarmed and started pecking at them.
I'll never purposely eat tilapia again.
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:22 PM 09-19-2020
Originally Posted by Radar Chief:
Tilapia is a shit fish.
Mrs. Radar and I took our son to the St. Louis zoo a couple of summers ago and you'll never guess what they kept in the hippo enclosure to help keep it clean. Yup, tilapia.
I was fortunate enough that while I was checking out the hippo enclosure one swam by and left behind a couple of hippo nuggets in its wake, and before those nuggets even started settling to the bottom several tilapia swarmed and started pecking at them.
Heh, loves me some fried tilapia

As long as the farm doesn't feed' em shit, that is...
[Reply]
Donger 04:31 PM 09-19-2020
Tilapia is a shit fish.
I presume that said fish aren't provided to the public for consumption!

Anyway:

Myth: Tilapia eat poop.

Fact: Tilapia are plant eaters; they do not eat poop unless they are being starved.

Truth: The rumor that tilapia prefer poop stems from an episode of Dirty Jobs on the Discovery Channel in which the host, Mike Rowe, visited a fish farm that raised hybrid striped bass. Mike unknowingly exposed the cruelty of the farmers, as they starved their tilapia into eating the wastes of the more valuable bass. Some time later, after a public outcry, the farm reported that the tilapia were only being used as "cleaners" and were never intended for human consumption. Still not nice, but whatever.

Other investigations into the tilapia farming practices in Honduras, Vietnam, Indonesia and China, have reported that it is not uncommon for fish farmers to starve tilapia into eating hog manure. Surprisingly, this practice does not have to be disclosed when the tilapia filets are imported for sale in US grocery stores. This is actually true of all imported fish. To be safe, you should only eat fish raised in the United States.

By the way, we use the word "starve" loosely to mean "not supplying any legitimate aquatic species food source". Tilapia have very strong strike and graze instincts, and will "nibble" on just about anything that enters their water, including fingers and toes.
[Reply]
Rain Man 04:39 PM 09-19-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
Try Mahi Mahi. It has pretty much no fishy taste at all.
Mahi Mahi is great. It doesn't taste like any other fish.

I also like sea bass but I'm not sure if we're supposed to eat that any more.
[Reply]
sedated 05:03 PM 09-19-2020
I'd just have some fried catfish (corn meal batter) with hot sauce. Tastes like a super light and tender version of chicken tenders/"boneless wings".

There has to be a place in almost any town that serves that.
[Reply]
lewdog 05:05 PM 09-19-2020
Costco has some frozen Mahi Mahi burgers that cook up nice.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:06 PM 09-19-2020
Originally Posted by sedated:
I'd just have some fried catfish (corn meal batter) with hot sauce. Tastes like a super light and tender version of chicken tenders/"boneless wings".

There has to be a place in almost any town that serves that.
Loves me some catfish, but for people already averse to fishy taste its a bad choice IMO
[Reply]
Rain Man 05:08 PM 09-19-2020
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Loves me some catfish, but for people already averse to fishy taste its a bad choice IMO
We used to get catfish a lot when I lived in Texas. Good stuff.
[Reply]
booger 05:16 PM 09-19-2020
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Delicious.

She will sit on your face and wiggle. Rub those whiskers right off your chinny chin chin
[Reply]
sedated 05:16 PM 09-19-2020
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
I guess I've never really considered finding fish that doesnt taste like fish, since I eat fish because I like it (and I don't even bother with cod because it tastes like water)

Any have suggestions for a tomato that doesn't taste so "tomato-ish"?
[Reply]
booger 05:19 PM 09-19-2020
Everyone’s hearts would be much healthier if we ate more fish and practiced proper muff diving skills and ethics.
[Reply]
Easy 6 05:25 PM 09-19-2020
Originally Posted by sedated:
I guess I've never really considered finding fish that doesnt taste like fish, since I eat fish because I like it (and I don't even bother with cod because it tastes like water)

Any have suggestions for a tomato that doesn't taste so "tomato-ish"?
Wasn't trying to argue with ya

I actually agree, it ALL tastes like fish to one degree or another lol... I've never understood people who dont like fish/seafood anyway

I'd cut chicken or pork out of my diet before fish

But even the best prepared catfish is "fishier" than most, JMO
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 05:25 PM 09-19-2020
Tilapia is a shit fish.
So do vegetables.

Do you eat rice? Ever seen how dirty a rice paddy actually is?
[Reply]
Page 6 of 9
« First < 23456 789 >
Up