ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Media Center>Controversial "Cuties" on Netflix
luv 11:03 AM 09-15-2020
So, this film has been getting a ton of backlash, and Netflix has taken a lot of flack for airing it. I know what all of the Facebook moms are saying, but I was curious what you guys thought.

Apparently, Netflix replaced the promotional art for the show. This is stuff that happens in real life. I would think more anger should be directed at that fact, and not so much towards the person who brought it to light. Everyone is more outraged by the filming of it than the fact that it actually happens.

TODAY story:

[Reply]
luv 10:14 AM 09-16-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Thanks for posting.

It sounds like the message of the film I can get behind. But there is 0% chance I can watch it. It just isn’t going to happen.

Also worrisome: Ben Shapiro is better on pop culture than I am. I am ashamed.
You said your daughter is 6? If she were a few years older, I'd say watch it with her just to show her what's not okay.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:39 PM 09-16-2020
Originally Posted by luv:
You said your daughter is 6? If she were a few years older, I'd say watch it with her just to show her what's not okay.
She’s not there. She has no clue about that stuff. She’s pretty innocent yet compared to other kids in her class
[Reply]
eDave 12:20 AM 09-17-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
She’s not there. She has no clue about that stuff. She’s pretty innocent yet compared to other kids in her class
Do they allow dancing out there?
[Reply]
Buehler445 04:23 AM 09-17-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
Do they allow dancing out there?
:-)

I hate you.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 08:31 PM 09-17-2020
Originally Posted by Fishpicker:
Netflix does this crap all the time. BigMouth is worse and AJ and the Queen is much worse. Netflix pushed too hard with Cuties because Americans still want to protect their girls/daughters. Its also pretty gross that Netflix is so anti-religion. this shit programming reeks of Soros $
It is disgusting how anti-religion they are and how vulgar they are in the presentation.

Soros, indeed.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:05 AM 09-18-2020
Pass
[Reply]
SuperChief 08:23 AM 09-18-2020
Soros LOL
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 12:14 PM 09-18-2020
Netflix does this crap all the time. BigMouth is worse and AJ and the Queen is much worse. Netflix pushed too hard with Cuties because Americans still want to protect their girls/daughters. Its also pretty gross that Netflix is so anti-religion. this shit programming reeks of Soros $
While I agree that Netflix went entirely too far with "Cuties" and wound up completely missing the point they were trying to deliver... I cannot more emphatically disagree with Big Mouth being lumped in with it.

Big Mouth is a show about what the vast majority of us went through during our early to mid teen years. There is nothing pedophelic about it.

Why is it "gross" that Netflix is "anti-religion"? Does their stance on the subject impact you personally? Don't misunderstand, I completely support you going to church and worshiping God through whatever flavor of Christianity (or whatever other religion but I'm gonna guess you are some sort of Christian) you chose.

"I can't do/watch/listen to this because of my religion" is great, fine, and dandy. "YOU can't do this because of my religion" is, to borrow your words, "gross".
[Reply]
Fishpicker 10:15 PM 09-18-2020
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:
While I agree that Netflix went entirely too far with "Cuties" and wound up completely missing the point they were trying to deliver... I cannot more emphatically disagree with Big Mouth being lumped in with it.

Big Mouth is a show about what the vast majority of us went through during our early to mid teen years. There is nothing pedophelic about it.

Why is it "gross" that Netflix is "anti-religion"? Does their stance on the subject impact you personally? Don't misunderstand, I completely support you going to church and worshiping God through whatever flavor of Christianity (or whatever other religion but I'm gonna guess you are some sort of Christian) you chose.

"I can't do/watch/listen to this because of my religion" is great, fine, and dandy. "YOU can't do this because of my religion" is, to borrow your words, "gross".
Maurice (bigmouth) is Pan. a monster/demon that talks to adolescent children and urges them to go through with their desires.

Do what thou wilt, that is the whole of the law -Anton Lavey

Do what thou wilt—then do nothing else. -Aleister Crowley

Janx: I'm not all that religious, to be honest. all I know is that the US was founded on Judeo Christian values and a protestant work ethic. and that has produced the greatest Nation in all of history. If we as a country abandon those values and that ethic, in search of instant gratification, then we can say goodbye to our collective prosperity and liberty .

And I am not in a position to deny you anything. watch the shows you want. But I'd like to remind you that there are many entertainment options out there. Netflix runs counter to my beliefs and ideals so I'm not going to pay for that anymore. Is there any benefit to children/teens watching bigmouth? do we benefit at all if young people have premarital sex and have bastard offspring?
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 11:22 PM 09-18-2020
Maurice (bigmouth) is Pan. a monster/demon that talks to adolescent children and urges them to go through with their desires.
Ummm... yeah, he is a hormone monster. He is a personification of all the stupid shit that our hormones told us to do and/or say when we were that age.

Originally Posted by :
Janx: I'm not all that religious, to be honest. all I know is that the US was founded on Judeo Christian values and a protestant work ethic. and that has produced the greatest Nation in all of history. If we as a country abandon those values and that ethic, in search of instant gratification, then we can say goodbye to our collective prosperity and liberty .
The Treaty of Tripoli, as signed (and I believe penned) by John Adams states:

"the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

Originally Posted by :
And I am not in a position to deny you anything. watch the shows you want. But I'd like to remind you that there are many entertainment options out there. Netflix runs counter to my beliefs and ideals so I'm not going to pay for that anymore.
I can 100% support that.

Originally Posted by :
Is there any benefit to children/teens watching bigmouth? do we benefit at all if young people have premarital sex and have bastard offspring?
I don't believe that the show is aimed at them but instead at adults who, not so fondly, remember the hell that was puberty.
[Reply]
WhiteWhale 09-19-2020, 08:19 AM
This message has been deleted by WhiteWhale.
luv 10:38 AM 09-24-2020

Do what thou wilt, that is the whole of the law -Anton Lavey

Do what thou wilt—then do nothing else. -Aleister Crowley

And I am not in a position to deny you anything. watch the shows you want. But I'd like to remind you that there are many entertainment options out there. Netflix runs counter to my beliefs and ideals so I'm not going to pay for that anymore. Is there any benefit to children/teens watching bigmouth? do we benefit at all if young people have premarital sex and have bastard offspring?
I sure hope so.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up