ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 40
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2020 STL Cardinals Thread***
BigRedChief 01:21 PM 02-13-2020
2020 Opening Day Lineup

Spoiler!

For the new Cardinal fans that joined the Planet since last year.....
2019 Thread
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320239
2018 Thread
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=312812
2012 Thread
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254619
etc.
All the way back to 2006 WS
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=312812
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:28 PM 07-10-2020
Right now I should be watching the Cardinals in person. I had tickets for all 3 games. Tonight I was going to be with a STL group that rented out the field seat section where the Pitchers warm up. Literally 3 feet from watching them warm up to go into the game. Had good seats for the other two games. Besides Spring Training, I’ve not seen the team in 6 years. Fuck covid. :-)
[Reply]
Marco Polo 05:52 PM 07-10-2020
Ugh that sucks BRC. I was supposed to be in London for the Cards/Cubs series and the Home Opener.
[Reply]
Matrix 05:58 PM 07-10-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
The next year MLB lowered the mound. Bob Gibson was too unhittable.

And when Gibson accepted Flaherty’s desire for advice and he showed him his slider grip and and how to manipulate the pitch, Flaherty went to another level.

That kid is good as gone and the BFIBs are on the fast track to speeding up his departure.
[Reply]
bdj23 05:59 PM 07-10-2020
Originally Posted by Marco Polo:
Ugh that sucks BRC. I was supposed to be in London for the Cards/Cubs series and the Home Opener.
I had to cancel a Europe trip too :-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:59 PM 07-10-2020
Originally Posted by Matrix:
That kid is good as gone and the BFIBs are on the fast track to speeding up his departure.
what have I missed? Why would Cards fans shit on the best pitcher we have had in decades?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:57 AM 07-13-2020

[Reply]
Marcellus 12:07 PM 07-13-2020
Apparently whoever they are talking to isn't aware that even after you have recovered the test can pick up dead virus RNA for up to a month or longer. This is according to the Kansas Dept of Health which is why they don't continue to test people after a positive trying to get a negative.

They need to just do an antibody test and move on.
[Reply]
Ocotillo 01:07 PM 07-13-2020

. @Cardinals closer Jordan Hicks “has opted out of the 2020 season, citing pre-existing health concerns,” the team says. Hicks underwent Tommy John surgery a little more than one year ago. @MLBNetwork @MLB

— Jon Morosi (@jonmorosi) July 13, 2020

[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:34 PM 07-13-2020
Originally Posted by Ocotillo:
he has asthma really bad, right?

Edit:
Confirmed..... several social media posts about asthma going back years.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:46 PM 07-13-2020
he has asthma really bad, right?

Edit:
Confirmed..... several social media posts about asthma going back years.
Type 1 diabetic as well.

Not the slightest bit surprising.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:55 PM 07-13-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Type 1 diabetic as well.

Not the slightest bit surprising.
Yeah, that’s some serious complications if he gets the Covid. It really takes 1.5 years to get back to full strength anyway. It’s best for him to sit out these 60 games, if they are even played. Hopefully he and baseball return to normal in April 2020.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 02:18 PM 07-13-2020

2020 Season❗️❗️❗️ pic.twitter.com/zxLiq7d7Gc

— Jordan Hicks (@Jhicks007) July 13, 2020

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:21 PM 07-13-2020
Yeah, that’s some serious complications if he gets the Covid. It really takes 1.5 years to get back to full strength anyway. It’s best for him to sit out these 60 games, if they are even played. Hopefully he and baseball return to normal in April 2020.
Eh, physically it only really takes a year. The remainder is the 'rust' period where pitchers rediscover their release/rythm.

This will put him behind on that, but it is what it is. He could very easily start off a little slow next year but there's really nothing to hold against him here. The decision seems pretty straightforward for him.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 02:26 PM 07-13-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Eh, physically it only really takes a year. The remainder is the 'rust' period where pitchers rediscover their release/rythm.

This will put him behind on that, but it is what it is. He could very easily start off a little slow next year but there's really nothing to hold against him here. The decision seems pretty straightforward for him.
rust? Why can’t he throw live baseball practice and get comfortable with his release point?

Do we have any team in any sport that hadn’t seen a positive test? Anyway, with asthma and diabetes conditions perfectly understandable.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:05 PM 07-13-2020
rust? Why can’t he throw live baseball practice and get comfortable with his release point?

Do we have any team in any sport that hadn’t seen a positive test? Anyway, with asthma and diabetes conditions perfectly understandable.
Dunno.

But guys who come back from TJ surgery almost invariably need a full season after it to return to 'normal'. And it isn't their stuff that is suffering, but their precision.

Adam Wainwright's 2012 was what fully convinced me of it once and for all. I'd seen it happen several times prior but never watched it that closely. Then he misses 2011 w/ TJ and comes back in 2012 seemingly healthy but by no means sharp.

Then in 2013 and 2014 he was effectively the same guy he was in 2009 and 2010.

Maybe it's confirmation bias at work, but I've seen it time and time again. That first season back from TJ is just rocky. And if they weren't physically sound, they'd simply continue to degrade as the season goes along - that's not what happens. These guys are able to get themselves back in playing condition within a year (hell, some have done it in less time than that). But for whatever reason they just don't have the feel back yet.

Biomechanics are funny animals and these guys have a whole new part in their body. My guess is it just takes them reps. And I don't think side-sessions can duplicate the pressures of a game where the muscle memory really needs to be 100% accurate.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 40
« First < 45678 910111218 > Last »
Up