ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 27 of 40
« First < 172324252627 2829303137 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2020 STL Cardinals Thread***
BigRedChief 01:21 PM 02-13-2020
2020 Opening Day Lineup

Spoiler!

For the new Cardinal fans that joined the Planet since last year.....
2019 Thread
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320239
2018 Thread
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=312812
2012 Thread
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254619
etc.
All the way back to 2006 WS
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=312812
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 08:04 PM 09-04-2020
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Dj want to barf more? Luke Voit has 13 HR and 28 RBI in 32 games...
Yeah that’s great and all, but what would Mo have done with that extra payroll of Voit instead of Goldy? Extend Mike Leake?
[Reply]
VAChief 09:55 PM 09-04-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
"How" isn't even the question, the real question is "why?".

There was literally no reason for the extension when he did it. None.
Similar question...I meant how do you even consider an extension when you are essentially bidding against yourself. You don’t extend him and even if he bounces back you still can extend him later. He wasn’t going anywhere and he still felt the need.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:54 PM 09-04-2020
These damn announcers are shit. Talking about Reyes and how electric he was when he came up. Thompson chimes in he’s had a lot of injuries that were not in any way his fault, that’s just baseball.

Excuse Me? WTF? He had a pain in his elbow, didn’t tell the Cardinals. Went out and pitched, Tommy John. Lost more than a year. He was upset about his pitching. Punched a concrete wall with his pitching hand. Broke stuff. Another year lost. He strained a lat throwing a bullpen. Didn’t tell the Cardinals. Went out and pitched. Lat injury, gone for the year.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:06 PM 09-04-2020
Was it just me or does the Cubs broadcast pipped in crowd noise seemed really loud compared to other stadiums Ive heard this year.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 09:13 AM 09-06-2020
I thought Dylan Carlson was suppose to be good. He is currently hitting a .162 avg and doesn't come through even when players are in scoring position.
When will they send this dude back down?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:40 AM 09-06-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
I thought Dylan Carlson was suppose to be good. He is currently hitting a .162 avg and doesn't come through even when players are in scoring position.
You think he forgot to hit? This isnt a Bader/O'neill level of a player. Everyone and every analysis I've read thinks he's the real deal. Many say he's the best prospect since Pujols. That gets you a long leash to run.

Maybe sending him down makes sense if it was a "normal" season. But its not. What good does it do to send him "down"? He's already proved he can hit AAA pitching well, so whats left to prove? Anyway, there are no minor league games being played.

As DJ pointed out earlier, he's never seen MLB change ups, sliders. Also all the MLB insight, film used against hitters is being used against him right from the start. He needs to adapt, see those pitches live with the game on the line. What better season to do this OJT?

We have no chance whatsoever to beat the Dodgers even if we make the playoffs. Let him get his OJT this year and be ready for 2021.
[Reply]
Marco Polo 10:04 AM 09-06-2020
Proud of the double header victory against the Cubs. Wish Waino would've gotten the complete game to shut up the Cubs announcers yesterday on MLB network. Waino has the longest streak for a Cubs opponent to never have a complete game against the team and they referenced that five times in the sixth and seventh inning.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 10:25 AM 09-06-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
He’s also 21 years old and played in AAA for less than a month. Not a lot of players (hitters especially) are able to make the jump directly from AA to the bigs.
[Reply]
Marcellus 03:07 PM 09-07-2020
Marp with is bi-weekly stupid defensive brain cramp mistake to go along with his .170 average.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:11 PM 09-07-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Marp with is bi-weekly stupid defensive brain cramp mistake to go along with his .170 average.
yeah, they are essentially putting him in the lineup over Carlson. At least Carlson has a potential upside. Carp is all downside at this point.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:32 PM 09-15-2020
Some of you developmental guys answer this question.....why is Carlson still in Springfield not even playing in games?

Fowler is even out. That’s 3 open OF positions. He could pinch hit. Be a defensive Replacement. Play some in a double header. Which 3 OF players are doing so great that there is just no room for him to get any AB’s.

He needs to learn how to hit MLB sliders and change ups, right? How does he learn down there with no games and no MLB pitching to practice against?

What am I missing?
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 06:59 PM 09-15-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Some of you developmental guys answer this question.....why is Carlson still in Springfield not even playing in games?

Fowler is even out. That’s 3 open OF positions. He could pinch hit. Be a defensive Replacement. Play some in a double header. Which 3 OF players are doing so great that there is just no room for him to get any AB’s.

He needs to learn how to hit MLB sliders and change ups, right? How does he learn down there with no games and no MLB pitching to practice against?

What am I missing?
How did he get sent down, injury or??????
[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:12 PM 09-19-2020
Dylan Carlson’s first game back. 2-3 with a 3 run homer to break the game open late. :-)
[Reply]
scho63 02:02 PM 09-19-2020
This will be the first time in about 25 years that I will not watch a single baseball game.

3. Due to COVID
2. Due to my Pirates suck big fat donkey dick
1. I've lost interest since my Chief's got Mahomes and we won the Super Bowl!
[Reply]
BigRedChief 02:12 PM 09-19-2020
Originally Posted by scho63:
This will be the first time in about 25 years that I will not watch a single baseball game.

3. Due to COVID
2. Due to my Pirates suck big fat donkey dick
1. I've lost interest since my Chief's got Mahomes and we won the Super Bowl!
The Pirate fans deserve better. They stuck with the team through DECADES of bad baseball.
[Reply]
Page 27 of 40
« First < 172324252627 2829303137 > Last »
Up