ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 40
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2020 STL Cardinals Thread***
BigRedChief 01:21 PM 02-13-2020
2020 Opening Day Lineup

Spoiler!

For the new Cardinal fans that joined the Planet since last year.....
2019 Thread
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320239
2018 Thread
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=312812
2012 Thread
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254619
etc.
All the way back to 2006 WS
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=312812
[Reply]
jd1020 04:06 PM 07-22-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
:-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:10 PM 07-22-2020
Originally Posted by jd1020:
:-)
Royals planning something too. Saw a tweet somewhere.

#Cardinals MGR Mike Shildt intimated his team is planning a unified gesture on Friday in support of social justice: "This group has had a lot of conversations. This group is very sincere about supporting the Black Lives Matter movement and doing it in a unified manner."

— Mark Saxon (@markasaxon) July 22, 2020

[Reply]
VAChief 04:11 PM 07-22-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Wow the actually did it.
Yes, that was becoming embarrassing. Now, how long will they go with waiting futilely for Fowler to somehow revert to 2015 form. Dude seems like a good guy, but they need to cut the cord and let the young guys play to sort out what they have. They aren’t going anywhere this year anyway and if they do it won’t be due to him, but in spite of his lack of production and soft defense.
[Reply]
VAChief 04:13 PM 07-22-2020
Matheny auditioning for the Blue Men group.
[Reply]
jd1020 04:14 PM 07-22-2020
Royals planning something too.

Keep politics the fuck away from sports please. Sports is suppose to be a break from everything else, not a fucking reminder.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:21 PM 07-22-2020
Originally Posted by VAChief:
Yes, that was becoming embarrassing. Now, how long will they go with waiting futilely for Fowler to somehow revert to 2015 form. Dude seems like a good guy, but they need to cut the cord and let the young guys play to sort out what they have. They aren’t going anywhere this year anyway and if they do it won’t be due to him, but in spite of his lack of production and soft defense.
One of the STL reporters was on Danny Mac’s podcast today. He said the outfield is set in stone. O’Neill/Bader/Fowler. They want to see what that trio can do.

Carlson will go to Springfield. The Cards will lose a year of control if he starts this year. And they really want to find out about those 3 this year anyway. Does anyone know when Carlson can play this year and they still have 6 future years of control?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:28 PM 07-22-2020
Originally Posted by VAChief:
Fowler and Bader combined for peak Fowler/Bader stuff to cost us a run in the 2nd today.

Bases loaded, 1 out - fly ball to the track in left field. Fowler loafs his ass home tagging up because of course the throw is going into 2b and Bader does Bader stuff to try to tag up and gets thrown out at 2nd. Of course before loafin' ass Dexter gets across the plate.

So the inevitable collision of Bader's braindead bro-ness and Fowler's laziness takes a run off the board. If Fowler hustles down the line - run scores despite Bader's idiocy. If Bader's not an idiot, Fowler scores despite his laziness. It took a team effort to keep that run from scoring.

These guys are who they are. One of the truly frustrating parts of the last 5 years of Cardinal baseball is their steadfast refusal to listen when a player tries to tell them who he is.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:30 PM 07-22-2020
One of the STL reporters was on Danny Mac’s podcast today. He said the outfield is set in stone. O’Neill/Bader/Fowler. They want to see what that trio can do.

Carlson will go to Springfield. The Cards will lose a year of control if he starts this year. And they really want to find out about those 3 this year anyway. Does anyone know when Carlson can play this year and they still have 6 future years of control?
It's only like 6 days.

Call him up next Wednesday and they'd be fine.

But they really do need to know what they have in O'Neill and it's close to nut-cutting time on Bader as a starter. Frankly, they need to know more about Lane Thomas as well (as a potential Bader replacement).

I don't mind committing to O'Neill and Bader. And with a sprint to the finish, I even understand why they're gonna give Fowler one last ride. But ultimately I think their best results would be O'Neill/Bader/Thomas w/ Carlson waiting in the wings.
[Reply]
jd1020 04:33 PM 07-22-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Fowler and Bader combined for peak Fowler/Bader stuff to cost us a run in the 2nd today.

Bases loaded, 1 out - fly ball to the track in left field. Fowler loafs his ass home tagging up because of course the throw is going into 2b and Bader does Bader stuff to try to tag up and gets thrown out at 2nd. Of course before loafin' ass Dexter gets across the plate.

So the inevitable collision of Bader's braindead bro-ness and Fowler's laziness takes a run off the board. If Fowler hustles down the line - run scores despite Bader's idiocy. If Bader's not an idiot, Fowler scores despite his laziness. It took a team effort to keep that run from scoring.

These guys are who they are. One of the truly frustrating parts of the last 5 years of Cardinal baseball is their steadfast refusal to listen when a player tries to tell them who he is.
Where was Bader to start? On 1st or 2nd? I would think in that situation the ball would of course be thrown to 3rd base and not 2nd, given where the ball was caught.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:45 PM 07-22-2020
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Where was Bader to start? On 1st or 2nd? I would think in that situation the ball would of course be thrown to 3rd base and not 2nd, given where the ball was caught.
1st. Ball was over in the gap a bit so I'm not sure he had the hose to air it out to 3b, especially since he'd drifted over to his left to field it.
[Reply]
jd1020 04:47 PM 07-22-2020
1st. Ball was over in the gap a bit so I'm not sure he had the hose to air it out to 3b, especially since he'd drifted over to his left to field it.
Ok. I was just wondering. I didnt see the play but when you said left field I was picturing left field and not so much left center with the LFer running away from 3rd.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:48 PM 07-22-2020
I have Frontier cable. I guess they got some contract beef with the MLB Network going and don’t get the games this year. Extra innings package goes through Amazon prime doesn’t it?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:55 PM 07-22-2020
Watching Martinez today has just been funny.

{yaaaaawn....} throws pitch with no leg drive, doesn't finish delivery, ball moves 4 feet, batter is frozen {shrugs}

If you have a chance to watch his appearance, I'd recommend it. Dude looks as energetic as a knuckle-baller right now. I mean just no effort at all. Sitting at 91 with a shitload of movement on everything.

Lazy Carlos who gives zero fucks could up an ERA in the high 2s. It's just crazy. He's putting his breaking ball wherever he wants it, throwing his 'fastball' every now and again for effect and just loafing his ass through this outing.

He starting getting a little more aggressive with his hip/leg drive in the 8th. So of course he started missing a few wide and high. But it was pretty apparent that he was just getting his work in today and in the 8th was told that it was his last inningso he tried to put a little hair on it.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 05:08 PM 07-22-2020
Watching Martinez today has just been funny.

{yaaaaawn....} throws pitch with no leg drive, doesn't finish delivery, ball moves 4 feet, batter is frozen {shrugs}

If you have a chance to watch his appearance, I'd recommend it. Dude looks as energetic as a knuckle-baller right now. I mean just no effort at all. Sitting at 91 with a shitload of movement on everything.

Lazy Carlos who gives zero ****s could up an ERA in the high 2s. It's just crazy. He's putting his breaking ball wherever he wants it, throwing his 'fastball' every now and again for effect and just loafing his ass through this outing.

He starting getting a little more aggressive with his hip/leg drive in the 8th. So of course he started missing a few wide and high. But it was pretty apparent that he was just getting his work in today and in the 8th was told that it was his last inningso he tried to put a little hair on it.
he is so talented. Could have been a #1 if he would have applied some work ethic to that talent. And kept his focus on the mound.
[Reply]
VAChief 05:12 PM 07-22-2020

I would rather go with Lane over Fowler, with the DH you have some flexibility. Edman can spell in the outfield if you keep Sosa.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 40
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Up