ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 11
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Even with Mahomes, the Chiefs are still NFL dregs
BlackOp 05:47 PM 10-13-2019
Count me as one who thought once the Chiefs landed a "Face of the NFL" QB....that the days of getting lop-sided, questionable officiated games were over.

I thought the 4th quarter of the AFCCG was a league-mandated parting gift for TB12....and a changing of the guard was coming. Honestly, I was just hoping for a future of evenly called games.

Turns out, nothing has changed. Its the same as last year and the 40+ seasons before that.

My continued interest in the NFL was contingent on the emergence of Mahomes and the Chiefs finally being treated like the elite franchises...one's that always get the close 50/50 breaks because it was good for business and, at the very least, were treated fairly.

Nope. What we saw today is foreshadowing of the post-season...and what type of officiating they will receive.

I'll be the same as it ever was....the powers that be have a long-stemming disdain for this franchise. Might go all the way back to Hunt forming a competing league with the mafia.

Who knows the motives...all I can say is it exists...and even the MVP cant change it.
[Reply]
BlackOp 09:53 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by Jerm:
So what does the league have to gain by having the Chiefs and the new face of the league lose?
Well...I can list a couple theories.

1. Goodell wants grow the NFL into a $25 billion annually monster...it's in his agenda's best interest to impart parity. How interesting is the 2019 season when you Mahomes throwing for 6000 yards and going undefeated? There are 15 other teams in the AFC and a lot of them are terrible. That's a lot of eyeballs tuning out. Hope sells.

NE is off-limits to this as Kraft runs the league and gave Goodell his career.

2. Raiders are relocating into an entirely new market...it is imperative to keep them competitive this year. I predicted this before the season began...hard to sell seat licenses for a last place team. They have to keep the AFCW close...

3. They could have every intention of having Mahomes in the AFCCG again....but six games in, it's best to create some drama.

4. NFL puppet masters have vowed never to let KC in the SB...old school, old money grudges.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 10:40 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by Star56:
So do the 53 players know that the outcomes are predetermined and that the mob may be behind it all?

When they practice during the week and game plan do the coaches all.know its rigged?

I mean if casual observers are clever enough to discern the clues, I would think all 53 and the practice squads have to be in on the fix.

What keeps everyone quiet? Does the mob use hitmen to keep everybody in line?
I don’t consider it to be “predetermined” per se.

I think the players are mostly in the same boat as fans. Skeptical of influences but no proof. Some probably have more insider knowledge than others.

But I don’t buy into a WWF-style conspiracy with player cooperation. That’s insane.
[Reply]
BlackOp 11:16 PM 10-13-2019
Originally Posted by Star56:
So do the 53 players know that the outcomes are predetermined and that the mob may be behind it all?
No...not at all.

That would be "need to know" information...a very small amount of officials/coaches are needed.

The owners are all part of it.

Its a monopoly..

If you can step outside of your bubble....try to imagine owning an unregulated monopoly where a few "controversial" and perfectly timed calls could generate you 100's of millions of dollars every week. It would be the easiest money to make in the world other than forcing taxes. It is outside of government regulation...you cant get busted for it.

It's ridiculous...and the league has gone as far to put mouthpieces (NFL employees) in the booth to sell you on the sham. All the NFL network people repeat what their producers tell them...and create a narrative to steer you away.....are you going to trust you own eyes or what "experts" tell you?...most defer to authority. Its a natural phenomenon.

It's researched and coordinated...

They even have their main writers now discussing the betting lines..every week...like this normal.

If you want to play pretend..and think this is a legitimate sport...go ahead. Part of it IS an actual sport... but it's more a billion dollar machine milking the gullible and naive.

This is like the WWF as far as people cheering for something that is artificial...but an entirely different animal. It involves cities actual identities which people inherently bond with...it's a brilliant sham...2nd only to the federal reserve.

Think if Hulk Hogan represented KC...and ONLY KC...then he has a match with another person that only represented Denver....kind of like that.

You are rooting for a painted helmet logo...that represents your geographical location....kind of silly when you think about it.
[Reply]
Nzoner 06:50 AM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:

Aside from that, a “fix” doesn’t have to guarantee the outcome.
DING DING!

This video of ABC's Nightline is a good watch for anyone who knows little to nothing about the gambling angle of the NFL.It's 30 years old now but a must watch to at least get informed on the possibilities of corruption within a sport that billions of dollars are bet on every year.

[Reply]
King_Chief_Fan 06:57 AM 10-14-2019
Remember the Judge ruling that said the NFL can run the show with predetermined outcomes like the fake wrestling?.. it is entertainment
Owners
Mobs
Coaches? Why else would fat Andy change to crap play calling?

WWE...NFLE....what is the difference ?
[Reply]
Nzoner 07:04 AM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan:
I was just talking to a Seattle fan who still can't get over the fact they passed the ball on the 1 yard line resulting in an INT and Pats Super Bowl win with a guy like Beast Mode on the team.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 07:05 AM 10-14-2019
I'm honestly in shock that there are still some people out there who don't think the NFL intentionally steers outcomes to their liking via officiating. I don't know how anyone could be actively watching over the years and not figure that out.

I don't think the players or coaches are involved, it's way above them. They are just paid employees of a corporation that's looking to make as much money as humanly possible. No different than most of us who don't know what's actually going on at the top of the companies we work for.

It's a tough conclusion to face, and I get that. So many people tie their entire identity to a football team. I used to be the same way. Now, I just watch it as if I'm watching the WWE, nothing more and nothing less. Once it becomes obvious the result is being heavily influenced, I just accept the game is lost. If we somehow pull it out despite that, then great.

This game in particular was painfully obvious. Not that we deserved to win anyway, our defense is an abomination.
[Reply]
CrookedTrump 07:11 AM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Count me as one who thought once the Chiefs landed a "Face of the NFL" QB....that the days of getting lop-sided, questionable officiated games were over.

I thought the 4th quarter of the AFCCG was a league-mandated parting gift for TB12....and a changing of the guard was coming. Honestly, I was just hoping for a future of evenly called games.

Turns out, nothing has changed. Its the same as last year and the 40+ seasons before that.

My continued interest in the NFL was contingent on the emergence of Mahomes and the Chiefs finally being treated like the elite franchises...one's that always get the close 50/50 breaks because it was good for business and, at the very least, were treated fairly.

Nope. What we saw today is foreshadowing of the post-season...and what type of officiating they will receive.

I'll be the same as it ever was....the powers that be have a long-stemming disdain for this franchise. Might go all the way back to Hunt forming a competing league with the mafia.

Who knows the motives...all I can say is it exists...and even the MVP cant change it.
Somehow it always comes back to the Patriots.....I don't know maybe if the Cheifs scored a single point in the 1st half of last year's AFCCG?
[Reply]
Nzoner 07:11 AM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
I'm honestly in shock that there are still some people out there who don't think the NFL intentionally steers outcomes to their liking via officiating. I don't know how anyone could be actively watching over the years and not figure that out.

I don't think the players or coaches are involved, it's way above them. They are just paid employees of a corporation that's looking to make as much money as humanly possible. No different than most of us who don't know what's actually going on at the top of the companies we work for.

It's a tough conclusion to face, and I get that. So many people tie their entire identity to a football team. I used to be the same way. Now, I just watch it as if I'm watching the WWE, nothing more and nothing less. Once it becomes obvious the result is being heavily influenced, I just accept the game is lost. If we somehow pull it out despite that, then great.

This game in particular was painfully obvious. Not that we deserved to win anyway, our defense is an abomination.
Very well stated and I wholeheartedly agree as I used to be as diehard as they come.Now a loss just rolls off my back and I can't tell you what a relief that is compared to how it used to affect me.
[Reply]
CrookedTrump 07:25 AM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan:
Remember the Judge ruling that said the NFL can run the show with predetermined outcomes like the fake wrestling?.. it is entertainment
Owners
Mobs

WWE...NFLE....what is the difference ?
Yea I just can't get how a league (which means owners of all teams) tells thier commissioner to "get" the Patriots and their QB over an unproven equipment violation (fact). Then also tell him to ensure the Patriots always get the calls to help beat all of their teams? All the owners want to win, and all of them would be happy if Pats weren't involved at all, yet they are very year.

Point is, good teams don't commit a ton of penalties but if they do get a bad call they overcome them. NFL employs a lot of bad coaches and a lot of bad refs. Chiefs IMO are very talented offensively but not well coached. Defensively they are atrocious. The Texans yesterday had some calls go against them but they fought through it (and an early 10 point deficet) and made plays when they had to, the Chiefs didn't. That's why they lost......
[Reply]
Mecca 07:27 AM 10-14-2019
Boston is a massive market...the NFL thinks dynasties are good for ratings, is it really coincidental that both of their bowl loses came to fucking NY?
[Reply]
Allison Chainz 07:30 AM 10-14-2019
Anyone know what Tim Grunhard is doing these days.. Have not heard anything or seen anything of him lately on TV...
[Reply]
Mecca 07:33 AM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by Allison Chainz:
Anyone know what Tim Grunhard is doing these days.. Have not heard anything or seen anything of him lately on TV...
He's on 810 every week I believe.
[Reply]
Nzoner 07:37 AM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by Allison Chainz:
Originally Posted by Mecca:
He's on 810 every week I believe.
Yep,he was even pimping CBD oil the other day when they were doing a live remote broadcast.
[Reply]
Star56 09:53 AM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Boston is a massive market...the NFL thinks dynasties are good for ratings, is it really coincidental that both of their bowl loses came to ****ing NY?
Ah yes David Tyree was part of the conspiracy!!

Also Wes Welker let the ball.go through his hands!!

Don't forget Matt Ryan's microchip was activated when they were ahead 28-3 to intentionally blow the game!!!!

And Russell Wilson was part of this diabolical conspiracy
when he threw the pass!!

Wow...my eyes are opening :-)
[Reply]
Page 4 of 11
< 1234 5678 > Last »
Up