ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 36
< 123 456713 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2019-2020 NHL Season Thread****
OnTheWarpath15 03:49 PM 09-24-2019
Season begins a week from tomorrow, and the defending champs just traded Joel Edmundson and a prospect for Justin Faulk.

Who's up for back-to-back Cups?

[Reply]
Bearcat 08:25 AM 10-04-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Yeah, there was just no flow at all in the first. Seemed to settle in a bit by the 3rd, though. I decided to grab a last minute ticket and go. :-)
Nice... it was a fun game, and the newcomers made a good first impression. Donskoi works hard and is on pace for 164 goals. :-)

The Avalanche benefited from a couple of calls... a trip that was just losing an edge, and a crosscheck call that looked like a love tap. OTOH, the Flames were so undisciplined, it's hard to blame the refs for thinking there's a penalty every time an Avalanche player fell down.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 09:07 AM 10-04-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Las Vegas Golden Knights look good again. For an expansion team filled with cast-off players, they're pretty good.
Not just "good", we look damn scary out there!!...how we only scored four is anyone's guess because imo it really should have been 10-1 In the end with the amount of clear cut chances we had :-) .
[Reply]
DaFace 09:15 AM 10-04-2019
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Nice... it was a fun game, and the newcomers made a good first impression. Donskoi works hard and is on pace for 164 goals. :-)

The Avalanche benefited from a couple of calls... a trip that was just losing an edge, and a crosscheck call that looked like a love tap. OTOH, the Flames were so undisciplined, it's hard to blame the refs for thinking there's a penalty every time an Avalanche player fell down.
Just in general, the refs were WAY too aggressive for my taste. The interference calls were weak. I have no idea how Lucic gets tossed. I have no idea how Z gets a major for standing there and getting punched in the face. It was all just weird.

Hopefully it's just the refs trying to make a statement early. :-)
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:37 AM 10-04-2019
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Just in general, the refs were WAY too aggressive for my taste. The interference calls were weak. I have no idea how Lucic gets tossed. I have no idea how Z gets a major for standing there and getting punched in the face. It was all just weird.

Hopefully it's just the refs trying to make a statement early. :-)
Guess I didn't catch the instigator penalty... the TV said they both got a 2 minute and 5 for fighting. Getting tossed is a bit much for stopping play, but at the same time, I don't mind them doing something about it. On the hit, the guy turned into the boards at the last second.... I can still see why Lucic was pissed, but take it up after the whistle, at least.

And as you said, Zadorov was just standing there until Lucic punched him in the face with his gloves on, then bear-hugged Lucic so he'd quit punching him in the face.... no clue how that's considered fighting. :-)

Originally Posted by :
(NOTE 2) The Referee is provided very wide latitude in the penalties which he may impose under this Rule. This is done intentionally to enable him to differentiate between the obvious degrees of responsibility of the participants either for starting the fighting or persisting in continuing the fighting. The discretion provided should be exercised realistically.
http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=25010
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:43 PM 10-05-2019
Arizona's playing Boston tonight. Is it my imagination or are the Coyotes trying to play like the Blues tonight?

Not as physical, but trying to run an offense that looks familiar.
[Reply]
Gadzooks 09:43 PM 10-05-2019
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Arizona's playing Boston tonight. Is it my imagination or are the Coyotes trying to play like the Blues tonight?

Not as physical, but trying to run an offense that looks familiar.
From what I understand, the Coyotes were able to keep it out of the net last year but couldn't score. Kessel should help with that, but the bum didn't do shit against the Bruins tonight.
Thanks again Kessel - from a Leafs fan.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 09:51 PM 10-05-2019
Rangers finally have elite talent

Boutta be a nice few years coming up between the Rangers and Chiefs
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:43 PM 10-10-2019
Beat the Yotes and the Avalanche will be 4-0 and headed on a brutal road trip.

Great game tonight, Grubauer kinda saved their asses.
[Reply]
DaFace 09:46 PM 10-10-2019

Got a little fortunate on the reviews, too. But hey, nice to see we really can hang with them. It's gonna be a fun year.
[Reply]
eDave 09:48 PM 10-10-2019

I'll be at Coyotes/Preditors next Thursday. We hang out in the Chill Zone.
[Reply]
Bearcat 02:33 PM 10-11-2019
Originally Posted by eDave:
I'll be at Coyotes/Preditors next Thursday. We hang out in the Chill Zone.
Sweet... it's a good time. I like the area, with Yard House nearby for good beer.

Say hi to Duchene for us Avalanche fans... seeing him and Filip Forsberg live will be fun.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:40 PM 10-11-2019
Another comeback W for the Blues last night.

I like what Faulk brings offensively but for the responsibility the Blues will put on him, he's gotta be more sound on D. He had two pretty bad plays last night that led directly to goals; muffed a play at the boards that led to a shorty and then got his stick lifted on a half-assed effort behind the net to lead directly to another goal.

He got bailed out, but he's gotta tighten that up.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:55 AM 10-20-2019
Impressive win in Tampa on back to back nights... didn't expect that. And Jost with a hat trick.
[Reply]
DaFace 11:40 AM 10-20-2019
Impressive win in Tampa on back to back nights... didn't expect that. And Jost with a hat trick.
Much like the Chiefs defense's sack rate, Jost's shot percentage went from awful to pretty decent in the course of one game. :-)
[Reply]
GloryDayz 02:32 PM 10-20-2019
My son's goalie coach just sent me this and told me that our fist games are this weekend!

[Reply]
Page 3 of 36
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up