ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Where would you like to move in the good old USA or Internationally
I would never move I live in paradise. (Where do you live) 13 20.31%
i would never move out of the USA but I could see myself living in? 12 18.75%
If the country has problems I would consider moving internationally. My points of interest are? 12 18.75%
I would love to live internationally at some point. My points of interest are? 27 42.19%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll
Page 1 of 21
1 234511 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Moving Nationally or Internationally
BIG_DADDY 04:23 PM 07-31-2018
If you were going to move would you consider an international move ever? If you were going to pick another spot in the good old USA where would you like to be? For me I could see Austin in my not too distant future. If our country goes hard left I would have to look at the options at that time but I am going to start the process next year. I would love to look at Panama. I have seen several clients and friends move over the years. The most popular places have been Costa Rica, Philippines, Equador and Brazil but I know a lot of Brazilians. i can't forget Monaco for those with a lot of cash.
[Reply]
BWillie 04:27 PM 07-31-2018
Canada would be a really easy transition. Obviously.

Could live in most places in Europe or Australia. Any place I could communicate would be good, as long as it doesn't get unbearably hot and humid.
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 04:30 PM 07-31-2018
Originally Posted by BWillie:

Could live in most places in Europe or Australia. Any place I could communicate would be good, as long as it doesn't get unbearably hot and humid.
I am going to Sydney next year. Europe has too many taxes as does Canada and I don't like the cold all that much.
[Reply]
scho63 06:11 PM 07-31-2018
Originally Posted by BWillie:

You can't migrate to Canada very easily as an American. :-)

Australia is also very, very difficult.
[Reply]
Eleazar 07:02 PM 07-31-2018
Originally Posted by scho63:
You can't migrate to Canada very easily as an American. :-)

Australia is also very, very difficult.
If you’re some kind of a tradesman, you might get rubber stamped. There are shortages of people to do that kind of work, and some countries fast track people with skills they are short on.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 04:31 PM 07-31-2018
I’ve traveled most of the world. I missed the good ole USA too much. It’s not just home but where I feel most comfortable with the society and culture.

If it’s just one place you can live in this hypothetical situation, I guess there is no where in the USA I would like to live except where I’m already living.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 04:40 PM 07-31-2018
I visited Colorado for the first time ever (32 years old) and was blown away, so Colorado.
[Reply]
Rain Man 04:59 PM 07-31-2018
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
I visited Colorado for the first time ever (32 years old) and was blown away, so Colorado.
I really don't understand why the entire US population doesn't live in Colorado and southern California.
[Reply]
dirk digler 05:01 PM 07-31-2018
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I really don't understand why the entire US population doesn't live in Colorado and southern California.

I really would like to move to Colorado but I hate winter and I think Missouri winter is bad enough.
[Reply]
Rain Man 05:03 PM 07-31-2018
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I really would like to move to Colorado but I hate winter and I think Missouri winter is bad enough.
Our winters in Denver are overrated. Cold weather isn't bad when there's low humidity, and the snow is often really light and fluffy.
[Reply]
dirk digler 05:07 PM 07-31-2018
Our winters in Denver are overrated. Cold weather isn't bad when there's low humidity, and the snow is often really light and fluffy.
So not counting Denver where would you live in Colorado?
[Reply]
Chiefspants 04:19 PM 08-01-2018
3 years in, I prefer the winters on the Colorado front range to Central Kansas'. The snow usually all melts the following afternoon in Southern Colorado. There hasn't been a single instance of black ice since I've been here.

The biggest thing to adjust to has been hail season (Late July-August)
[Reply]
tmax63 07:22 AM 07-10-2020
The winters in MO are worse. Spent the first 19 years of my life in northwest Mo and the last 25 in CO. MO's weather is worse all the way around. Hottest temp ever recorded in Denver, 105. Average about 2 days per year over 100. Winter you get snow in some places but it melts off, unlike MO where it falls in December and stays until April.
[Reply]
kysirsoze 05:38 PM 07-31-2018
I live in SoCal and I'm not sure they don't.
[Reply]
Bugeater 05:53 PM 07-31-2018
BECAUSE WE CAN'T FUCKING AFFORD IT
[Reply]
Page 1 of 21
1 234511 > Last »
Up