ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 131 of 205
« First < 3181121127128129130131 132133134135141181 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL NBA Regular Season Thread****
dirk digler 10:59 AM 12-25-2011
Let's get it on... finally
Amnorix 06:35 AM 04-25-2012
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Not sure Shaq is one to talk, he's thrown punches multiple times at other players before on the court. Heck, TNT was glorifying those moments last Thursday night amid laughter. Oddly, I don't recall him ever being called a thug, though.

Shaq was also probably hit more than any player in NBA history. Hack a Shaq was all people could do to stop the guy. And I wasn't a big fan. How he (or Dwight Howard, who is facing the same issues), didn't get frustrated and lay someone out is pretty amazing.
Amnorix 06:39 AM 04-25-2012
:-) at KC Connection.
dirk digler 06:54 AM 04-25-2012
Originally Posted by -King-:
Wow? So he's had 3 violent incidents in his career (I'm not counting the one against Ginobili because even Gregg Pop thought it was a BS suspension)? WHOA WHAT A MAD MAN!
:-) I don't know how you get 3 when he maxed out his flagrant fouls in one season. Taking a guess he probably had 4-5 that season alone.

Then he had 2 violent incidents in 2004 alone then 2 back to back the last 2 years.

You need to learn how to count.
-King- 08:38 AM 04-25-2012
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
:-) I don't know how you get 3 when he maxed out his flagrant fouls in one season. Taking a guess he probably had 4-5 that season alone.

Then he had 2 violent incidents in 2004 alone then 2 back to back the last 2 years.

You need to learn how to count.
Eh. I don't count maxed flagrant fouls as that big of a deal. Theyre not intentional and seeing as how they have to get a certain number before they're suspended, looks like the NBA doesn't think theyre a big deal either.

That leaves the hit on Anderson, the brawl, and the hit on Barea. That's 3.
Posted via Mobile Device
L.A. Chieffan 09:47 AM 04-25-2012
I think it's pretty fair. Intentional or not the dude got hurt pretty bad.
chiefzilla1501 10:40 AM 04-25-2012
And why are we assuming that Ron wanted to hurt Harden or even that he wanted to elbow Harden in the head? I don't look at that play and think either of those things. I see a player that was out of control, not somebody intentionally and maliciously attempting to hurt someone (as Kevin Love did).

Elbowing somebody in the head in a clear out attempt is a foul, no?
Give me a break.. You're going to watch that video and claim the elbow was unintentional? Even if reflex, you can't argue there was any reason.. Kevin love too. They were cheap shots.
chiefzilla1501 10:48 AM 04-25-2012
Stuff like this happens in every contact sport, BTW. It wasn't something unique to the Saints, nor is it something that will be ending any time soon.
Again.... If this was a 5 game playoff and derek Fisher elbows kobe in the head... You think. K its fair that the Lakers lose their best player while the thunderbolt lose only a scrub? Bounties or cheap shots are a problem because I can create a major competitive disadvantage
vailpass 11:30 AM 04-25-2012
Originally Posted by Amnorix:
:-) at KC Connection.
Why must you mock the love that dare not speak it's name?
KC_Connection 01:09 PM 04-25-2012
Originally Posted by Amnorix:
Shaq was also probably hit more than any player in NBA history. Hack a Shaq was all people could do to stop the guy. And I wasn't a big fan. How he (or Dwight Howard, who is facing the same issues), didn't get frustrated and lay someone out is pretty amazing.
Oh, I know, he was hit often. But Shaq literally threw punches at other players on the court (including players that had their back turned). Isn't that the kind of conduct that people here frown upon?
KC_Connection 01:10 PM 04-25-2012
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Give me a break.. You're going to watch that video and claim the elbow was unintentional? Even if reflex, you can't argue there was any reason.. Kevin love too. They were cheap shots.
The elbow was a result of an emotional reaction, not malicious intent to injure an opposing player.
KC_Connection 01:11 PM 04-25-2012
Again.... If this was a 5 game playoff and derek Fisher elbows kobe in the head... You think. K its fair that the Lakers lose their best player while the thunderbolt lose only a scrub? Bounties or cheap shots are a problem because I can create a major competitive disadvantage
When did I say I condoned such things? I'm just telling you they exist and they will likely continue to exist as long as high-level contact sports are played.
vailpass 01:40 PM 04-25-2012
The elbow was a result of an emotional reaction, not malicious intent to injure an opposing player.
:-)
You got me, I fell for it. You are totally trolling aren't you? You don't mean any of this ridiculous shit.
Chiefs Pantalones 01:41 PM 04-25-2012

chiefzilla1501 02:12 PM 04-25-2012
When did I say I condoned such things? I'm just telling you they exist and they will likely continue to exist as long as high-level contact sports are played.
That's a bunch of bullshit. While I'm not a fan of going overboard, pitchers aren't throwing up and in like they used to. And even though players still hit hard, they're being taught to form-tackle instead of lunging at people like a torpedo. And in the NFL, do you think they made a pretty clear statement that bounties on players are not to be tolerated? Think players will think twice now?

The only reason the Bynum and Artest penalties were effective is because they happened near the playoffs. If this happened 2 weeks ago, Artest would have gotten a slap on the wrist. The penalty system is a joke. Nobody in the NBA is afraid of getting punished for cheap shots.
KC_Connection 01:37 AM 04-26-2012
That's a bunch of bullshit. While I'm not a fan of going overboard, pitchers aren't throwing up and in like they used to. And even though players still hit hard, they're being taught to form-tackle instead of lunging at people like a torpedo. And in the NFL, do you think they made a pretty clear statement that bounties on players are not to be tolerated? Think players will think twice now?
You're being naive if you think that will stop in the NFL as a result of what happened to the Saints. It was going on long before Goodell got involved and it'll be going on long after.
Page 131 of 205
« First < 3181121127128129130131 132133134135141181 > Last »
Up