ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 4
1 234 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Could the sausage be a competent goalline back?
cmh6476 08:19 AM 09-18-2020
In no way am I giving up on CEH after one week in the same role, but just throwing out food for thought (pun intended). A lot of teams use a lot of different backs in a lot of different ways. For teams that don't have a bruiser or a pounder, could the sausage fill that role and be a TD machine at the goalline?

I'm also not as smart as our coaches and don't pretend that I am qualified to suggest I know better than them how to get the most out of our players, or utilize them in the best ways to win. Again, I'm just asking a question specific to the sausage in general.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 08:25 AM 09-18-2020
I prefer the jet sweeps near the goal line with Tyreek/Hardman.

Also it pads Mahomes’ stats since those count as TD passes.
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:33 AM 09-18-2020
CEH will be fine. McCullough and Bieniemy said he didn't always follow what was given to him on those plays, which would indicate that it's a coaching thing, not an ability thing. We all know Clyde is super coachable, so we'll be alright. Darrell Williams also has a good track record at short yardage carries. I believe he's never failed to convert for first downs when we've given him the ball on 3rd and 4th and short.

If we go to Sherman once in awhile, it will surprise teams, but he shouldn't be our version of the Fridge. That's not really who he is. The Packers years ago tried that with their FB John Kuhn, and it almost never worked. I was pretty shocked they kept coming back to him again and again to be honest.
[Reply]
oldman 08:54 AM 09-18-2020
Short answer, HELL YES!! I'm not saying he should get the ball at the 5, but 1st and goal at the 1 or 2, why not? We need to quit trying to outsmart the other team every time and just punish them instead.
[Reply]
R Clark 08:57 AM 09-18-2020
Originally Posted by oldman:
Short answer, HELL YES!! I'm not saying he should get the ball at the 5, but 1st and goal at the 1 or 2, why not? We need to quit trying to outsmart the other team every time and just punish them instead.
I agree right behind that left side
[Reply]
hometeam 08:57 AM 09-18-2020
I mean not saying the guy couldnt score at all, but hes got 25 career carries, lets just let the professional ball carriers do the thing.
[Reply]
gblowfish 09:06 AM 09-18-2020
Better as a lead blocker for Williams.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:09 AM 09-18-2020
No. He's not worth anything more than an occasional surprise FB dive down there.

I don't think he's explosive enough for a critical situation. Best used as a surprise attack.
[Reply]
Dante84 09:12 AM 09-18-2020
I prefer my fullbacks to catch 30 yard wheel routes against divisional opponents.
[Reply]
R Clark 09:12 AM 09-18-2020
He looked good in Denver a few yrs ago ,pats 1st start?
[Reply]
KCrockaholic 09:22 AM 09-18-2020
I'd rather we just throw a deep fade to him at the goal line
[Reply]
scho63 09:40 AM 09-18-2020
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
I prefer the jet sweeps near the goal line with Tyreek/Hardman.

Also it pads Mahomes’ stats since those count as TD passes.
Take a look at the video highlights I posted from last weeks game.

Tyreek could have walked into the end zone had Mahomes tossed it to him. :-)

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=333563
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:48 AM 09-18-2020
Maybe.

Reid needs to (and will) open up the playbook more in those situations when it matters. Put the ball in Mahomes’s hands with options. He’ll get a TD with three attempts within the 10 almost every time.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 09:50 AM 09-18-2020
He can be our Peyton Hillis.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 09:50 AM 09-18-2020
Sherman should never touch the ball unless it is a play where he is the last option. I guess you could do the fake toss fullback trap once a game to keep the defense honest but it seems like in the NFL he is just going to get stacked up after he runs right into the guards ass.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 4
1 234 >
Up