< 12 3 >
Media Center>The hottest Guinevere?
Hammock Parties 03:11 PM 09-17-2020
Who you got?

Vanessa Redgrave - 1967 - Camelot

Cherie Lunghi - 1981 - Excalibur

Julia Ormond - 1995 - First Knight

Keira Knightley - 2004 - King Arthur

And no, I'm not including Tamsin Egerton - 2011 - Camelot because that would be very unfair to the rest of these ladies.

[Reply]
vailpass 08:40 PM 09-17-2020
Does the one with Julie Andrews not count?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:49 PM 09-17-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Oh, yes. That's it. Truman Show girl.

Yup.
I didn't realize that she was in the Truman Show. I know her as Hank's ex-wife in the awesome and immediate classic Showtime series, Californication.

Hank banged a metric shit ton of hotties in that series but none as hot as Natasha McElhone, IMO.

That woman is a Goddess.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:02 PM 09-17-2020
Cherie trying to pull an upset.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:13 PM 09-17-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I went with Julia Ormond.

Obviously Excalibur is the best movie, though.
Me too. And I'm a big Knightly fan. Although the makeup people didn't do a great job making her look good.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:51 PM 09-17-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I didn't realize that she was in the Truman Show. I know her as Hank's ex-wife in the awesome and immediate classic Showtime series, Californication.

Hank banged a metric shit ton of hotties in that series but none as hot as Natasha McElhone, IMO.

That woman is a Goddess.
She was also the First Lady in Designated Survivor. I haven't had Showtime forever so I never saw that show.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:55 PM 09-17-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Kiera Knightley should be the number two behind Tasmin, but I went with Cherie Lunghi. She was ethereal in Excalibur, and well, that movie came out right about when the ol' hormones were kicking in and I really liked her acting in that movie. And stuff.

Plus, I didn't care for the type of Guinevere Knightley portrayed for some reason.
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Me, too.

There was something so innocent about her performance, which made it more memorable to me than the others.

As much as I like Kiera Knightly as an actress, I just didn't care for that version of Arthur, Guinevere and Camelot.

I've never cared for Julia Ormond because she's always so cold, at least in the films I've seen her star.
Yeah, that version of King Arthur is straight garbage. It had some potential, but it was straight garbage.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:24 PM 09-17-2020
I wish we'd get just a straight remake of the classic Arthurian story.

About 60% Excalibur, 20% Camelot (and NO SINGING!) and 20% First Knight. First two are good, but quite dated, and high on the cheese factor.

Make it like Game of Thrones and it would be a smash hit.

By the way, I never realized until this week just HOW MUCH Monty Python and the Holy Grail was a spoof of Excalibur and Camelot.

There's a lot of scenes they parodied. In fact, I'm pretty sure they parodied BOTH versions of Merlin with Tim the Enchanter and the Bridgekeeper. The singing thing just occurred to me today. :-)
[Reply]
Frazod 10:27 PM 09-17-2020
I wish we'd get just a straight remake of the classic Arthurian story.

About 60% Excalibur, 20% Camelot (and NO SINGING!) and 20% First Knight. First two are good, but quite dated, and high on the cheese factor.

Make it like Game of Thrones and it would be a smash hit.

By the way, I never realized until this week just HOW MUCH Monty Python and the Holy Grail was a spoof of Excalibur and Camelot.

There's a lot of scenes they parodied. In fact, I'm pretty sure they parodied BOTH versions of Merlin with Tim the Enchanter and the Bridgekeeper. The singing thing just occurred to me today. :-)
Holy Grail came out in '75. It couldn't have been a spoof of Excalibur, which came out in '81.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:36 PM 09-17-2020
Holy Grail came out in '75. It couldn't have been a spoof of Excalibur, which came out in '81.
Oh - well, that's just my head canon I guess. :-)

I definitely see the mockery of Camelot, though.
[Reply]
Frazod 10:46 PM 09-17-2020
Oh - well, that's just my head canon I guess. :-)

I definitely see the mockery of Camelot, though.
Without a doubt. :-)
[Reply]
Gadzooks 01:01 AM 09-18-2020
Vanessa Redgrave looks like a dude - thin lips, big nose.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 11:39 AM 09-18-2020
I went with Julia Ormond.

Obviously Excalibur is the best movie, though.
anna kendrick?
[Reply]
Frazod 11:43 AM 09-18-2020
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
anna kendrick?
What the fuck does she have to do with anything?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:53 AM 09-18-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Yeah, that version of King Arthur is straight garbage. It had some potential, but it was straight garbage.
The film features excellent actors and a score by Hans Zimmer but the direction from Antoine Fuqua was just bad and this genre is just way out of his wheelhouse.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 11:57 AM 09-18-2020
Originally Posted by Gadzooks:
Vanessa Redgrave looks like a dude - thin lips, big nose.
If you heard her sing you'd get an insta-boner.

[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up