ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Nzoner's Game Room>James Palmer: Tarshawn Wharton “almost a lock” for the 53.
Direckshun 08:02 PM 08-30-2020
Well I didn’t see that storyline coming.

I’m told one name that continues to pop up with people inside the #Chiefs building is Tershawn Wharton. The undrafted free agent from Missouri Science and Tech seems almost a lock to make the the teams’ 53 man roster. Great local story.

— James Palmer (@JamesPalmerTV) August 31, 2020

Wharton ran with the 2s in that practice Saturday.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 04:44 PM 08-31-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Byron Pringle, Darrel Williams, Antonio Hamilton, Charvarius Ward, Daniel Sorensen, Ben Niemann, Mike Pennel, Nick Keizer, Andrew Wylie, James Winchester and Tommy Townsend were all undrafted free agents that will make the Chiefs in 2020, which make up 23% of the Chiefs roster.

There might be a few other guys that make the team as undrafted free agents as well.
Yeah, meant guys that were just undrafted from college this year. I expected guys who had already broken through to still be around.
[Reply]
Mecca 04:47 PM 08-31-2020
Justice Shelton-Mosely has a chance to make it also.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:48 PM 08-31-2020
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Yeah, meant guys that were just undrafted from college this year. I expected guys who had already broken through to still be around.
That's how I took it.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:50 PM 08-31-2020
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Well, you didn't specify those players as "Undrafted Free Agent Rookies", so I listed all of the UDFA's that were likely to make the 53.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:51 PM 08-31-2020
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Justice Shelton-Mosely has a chance to make it also.
What sucks about this preseason that none of us have seen these guys on the field, so there could be several "surprises" next week.
[Reply]
Mecca 04:55 PM 08-31-2020
What sucks about this preseason that none of us have seen these guys on the field, so there could be several "surprises" next week.
He'd make it as the 6th WR but mainly cause he can return. He was returning with the 1st team in the practice the other day.
[Reply]
Direckshun 07:34 PM 08-31-2020
Originally Posted by Wilson8:
The 290 pound figure came from the Chiefswire.com interview with Wharton's personal trainer, Brett Eiskina.

His current 290 pound weight is not too hard to believe because in January of this year, Wharton weighed in at 280 pounds for the East West Shrine Bowl. He's not 6-3 though. His official measurement was 6-1.
Good post.

I’d like to reiterate that he was running with the 2’s on Saturday, and looked every bit the size of the other DTs.

The dude has added a TON of weight.
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:51 PM 08-31-2020
Byron Pringle, Darrel Williams, Antonio Hamilton, Charvarius Ward, Daniel Sorensen, Ben Niemann, Mike Pennel, Nick Keizer, Andrew Wylie, James Winchester and Tommy Townsend were all undrafted free agents that will make the Chiefs in 2020, which make up 23% of the Chiefs roster.

There might be a few other guys that make the team as undrafted free agents as well.
Thats pretty insane. Its not like this is a shit team and roster.
[Reply]
O.city 07:53 PM 08-31-2020
Isn’t the amount of Udfa around the league actually pretty high
[Reply]
Trivers 10:09 AM 09-01-2020
Originally Posted by Groves:
So this is how it feels to have a guy from your alma mater potentially on your favorite football team.

Other than Rain Man, any other UMR (MO S&T) grads?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Our teams sucked during my time in hell there. I was a cheerleader for a year and the fans were more interested in drinking brought in liquor than the games.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:24 AM 09-01-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Isn’t the amount of Udfa around the league actually pretty high
Pretty sure they’re more successful than late round picks.
[Reply]
gblowfish 10:25 AM 09-01-2020
This year's Jessie Haynes?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:47 AM 09-01-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Pretty sure they’re more successful than late round picks.
Yeah, I did the homework on this 3-4 years ago.

Pretty much any pick past the 5th round is about as likely to yield a meaningful NFL player as a priority FA. The only distinction is the number of picks you have to throw at acquiring them (vs. the theoretically unlimited number of FAs you can sign).

But on a per roster player basis, there's no meaningful distinction. You're better served hurling all your 5th round picks into trade-ups in the earlier rounds and using the 'saved' roster spots to give more UDFA's run.

They have little/no marginal value.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 11:24 AM 09-01-2020
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
This year's Jessie Haynes?
Only if Andy calls him " The Real Deal"
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:35 AM 09-01-2020
It'll be chalked full of surprises.

via GIPHY

[Reply]
Page 4 of 6
< 1234 56 >
Up