ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2845 of 3903
« First < 1845234527452795283528412842284328442845 284628472848284928552895294533453845 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
dirk digler 09:44 AM 08-13-2020
Also Texas's testing has dropped significantly for unknown reasons

Based on local reporting and data from counties, it appears these reductions are contributing to the very low state-wide testing numbers, though no one has yet explained why.

— The COVID Tracking Project (@COVID19Tracking) August 12, 2020

[Reply]
O.city 09:47 AM 08-13-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
My coworker was 4 weeks in the hospital. He’s now in acute rehab. Still on oxygen but up and moving with a walker. He’s doing much better but permanent pulmonary damage is still very likely.

/only deaths matter though.
Good to hear. Hope he keeps improving.
[Reply]
Donger 09:48 AM 08-13-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Also Texas's testing has dropped significantly for unknown reasons

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/testing/...l-states/texas

Looks like it. And positivity is back up to 24%
[Reply]
O.city 09:51 AM 08-13-2020
With PCR testing being apparently the standard and the timing issues, we're essentially always looking about 8 days into the past on this stuff.

You gotta get cheap at home testing out there.
[Reply]
DaFace 09:55 AM 08-13-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
With PCR testing being apparently the standard and the timing issues, we're essentially always looking about 8 days into the past on this stuff.

I really hope we get some sort of postmortem reflection back on all of this to try and help understand why this is still such a problem. Getting too far into the discussion would just lead to political finger pointing I'm sure, but I honestly don't know what has been such an issue. Lack of coordination? Lack of funding? Simple human errors? The virus is just a pure pain in the ass?

It just seems criminal that we're 6 months into this thing and testing is still a complete cluster.
[Reply]
O.city 09:58 AM 08-13-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I really hope we get some sort of postmortem reflection back on all of this to try and help understand why this is still such a problem. Getting too far into the discussion would just lead to political finger pointing I'm sure, but I honestly don't know what has been such an issue. Lack of coordination? Lack of funding? Simple human errors? The virus is just a pure pain in the ass?

It just seems criminal that we're 6 months into this thing and testing is still a complete cluster.
Well, there's a bunch of factors IMO.

Just the raw amount of tests we're running is just a bitch. The actual PCR test is pretty intensive to run IIRC, so thats another thing.

But mainly yeah, there's probably some political things we could get into here, but that's not for today.

There's some real break thru on the paper saliva tests recently so that would be huge. If you can get those out cheap, everyone would know daily, so we coudl get back closer to normal.
[Reply]
O.city 10:02 AM 08-13-2020
New Zealand up to 36 cases.
[Reply]
lewdog 10:05 AM 08-13-2020

I took part in a study looking to make at home saliva test kits backs in May. Provided 30 minutes of spitting into a cup. Lol

Still not seeing much on it but that would be awesome, easy test.
[Reply]
O.city 10:11 AM 08-13-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:
I took part in a study looking to make at home saliva test kits backs in May. Provided 30 minutes of spitting into a cup. Lol

Still not seeing much on it but that would be awesome, easy test.
The ones I was reading about are basically like a pregnancy test. Just lick it once and you have a result.

They aren't as accurate as PCR, but they're fast. We need fast and abundant. If they're 85 percent of a PCR but you can do it daily and have a result quick, you're so much better off.

(As i type this the little 8 year old I'm about to have to do fillings on just ripped the N2O mask off and told my assistant to go to hell he's not doing this, so my day just got real fun)
[Reply]
Donger 10:13 AM 08-13-2020
The ones I was reading about are basically like a pregnancy test. Just lick it once and you have a result.

They aren't as accurate as PCR, but they're fast. We need fast and abundant. If they're 85 percent of a PCR but you can do it daily and have a result quick, you're so much better off.

(As i type this the little 8 year old I'm about to have to do fillings on just ripped the N2O mask off and told my assistant to go to hell he's not doing this, so my day just got real fun)
Wow, that would be a game changer. Right now, all samples have to be shipped off somewhere for processing, yes?
[Reply]
TLO 10:17 AM 08-13-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
Wow, that would be a game changer. Right now, all samples have to be shipped off somewhere for processing, yes?
No. There are rapid tests that can be completed in your doctor's office/urgent care that take 15 minutes to get results.
[Reply]
loochy 10:18 AM 08-13-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:

We can't just ship off annoying kids for "processing", you sicko. Do you work for Wayfair or something?
[Reply]
Donger 10:20 AM 08-13-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
No. There are rapid tests that can be completed in your doctor's office/urgent care that take 15 minutes to get results.
Thanks. I wonder what percentage of our testing uses that method.
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:20 AM 08-13-2020

FDA hasn't approved those yet IIRC because they are afraid of false negatives which I understand. The antigen test is shit to and Gov Dewine's tests prove that out.
[Reply]
TLO 10:23 AM 08-13-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
FDA hasn't approved those yet IIRC because they are afraid of false negatives which I understand. The antigen test is shit to and Gov Dewine's tests prove that out.
The antigen test isn't shit.
[Reply]
Page 2845 of 3903
« First < 1845234527452795283528412842284328442845 284628472848284928552895294533453845 > Last »
Up