ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2542 of 3903
« First < 1542204224422492253225382539254025412542 254325442545254625522592264230423542 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
O.city 02:08 PM 07-09-2020
That would make sense. We'll just have to wait and see.
[Reply]
TLO 02:10 PM 07-09-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
From a real epidemiologist.

Lead time bias is factor here, but selection bias is MUCH larger. 3 months ago I was denied a test b/c I didn't have a fever (even w/ 4 other symptoms). Now my state is testing hyper-local clusters of asymptomatic. Naturally going to get a LOT more positives (that aren't serious)

— Ben Hoagland (@hoagland_ben) July 7, 2020

[Reply]
TLO 02:13 PM 07-09-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
I think it's only logical that we're going to start seeing an uptick in deaths. It's just a matter of how much they actually increase. I don't want to see 2500-3000 a day again. I think we've come a long way with treatment and ability to treat the seriously ill. Hopefully we never reach those types of numbers again.
[Reply]
petegz28 02:18 PM 07-09-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
I think it's only logical that we're going to start seeing an uptick in deaths. It's just a matter of how much they actually increase. I don't want to see 2500-3000 a day again. I think we've come a long way with treatment and ability to treat the seriously ill. Hopefully we never reach those types of numbers again.
We will surely see an uptick. But there is a difference between a rise and a spike. the lead time bias tweet implies death is imminent and we will just watch them die longer and the numbers will be the same as they were with NY.
[Reply]
petegz28 02:19 PM 07-09-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
It does make sense but it kinda implies that the deaths will be the same as before and there are a lot of other doctors and experts out there saying that simply is not the case.
[Reply]
Fish 02:48 PM 07-09-2020
School openings will be an interesting experiment...

Missouri Summer Camp Closes After 82 Kids and Staff Infected with Coronavirus

Kanakuk Kamps, a network of Christian sports camps in the state, reopened their camps to thousands of kids beginning in May. Kanakuk chose to reopen after Missouri leaders said that there was a risk in letting camps reopen, but that they were confident that the camps had made plans to stop any potential COVID-19 outbreaks from happening.

Per a report from NBC News, parents received an email last week from Rebecca Duncan, Kanakuk's health services director, advising them that their children may have been exposed.

"As your Kamper returns home, we recommend that you consider a 14-day self-quarantine for your child and monitor for symptoms of COVID-19," the email read according to the report.
[Reply]
lewdog 02:58 PM 07-09-2020
I’ve got a source saying AZ will announce a lockdown today.

3 pm with governor Ducey.
[Reply]
Eureka 02:59 PM 07-09-2020
Originally Posted by Fish:
School openings will be an interesting experiment...

Missouri Summer Camp Closes After 82 Kids and Staff Infected with Coronavirus

Kanakuk Kamps, a network of Christian sports camps in the state, reopened their camps to thousands of kids beginning in May. Kanakuk chose to reopen after Missouri leaders said that there was a risk in letting camps reopen, but that they were confident that the camps had made plans to stop any potential COVID-19 outbreaks from happening.

Per a report from NBC News, parents received an email last week from Rebecca Duncan, Kanakuk's health services director, advising them that their children may have been exposed.

"As your Kamper returns home, we recommend that you consider a 14-day self-quarantine for your child and monitor for symptoms of COVID-19," the email read according to the report.
What that means is drop the kidos off at grandpa's daycare while you go to work. Damn daycare camp won't watch the kids.
[Reply]
eDave 03:01 PM 07-09-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:

Fuck. Off to the store.

https://www.abc15.com/news/coronavir...-rise-in-cases

https://old.reddit.com/r/IAmA/commen...izona/fxfp5d3/
[Reply]
loochy 03:06 PM 07-09-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:

Define "lockdown".

Do you mean another "we recommend you shouldn't go out, but there really aren't any consequences if you do" kind of thing?
[Reply]
Eureka 03:06 PM 07-09-2020
Originally Posted by tyecopeland:
I dont know how it works, didnt have to worry about it as I started back to work this week with summer school starting.

Didnt know if it was as easy as just listing businesses or if there was more to it.
Unfortunately, it is just that easy. You fill the paperwork out that they mail to you or do it online. $1050 (you can choose if you want taxes taken out) per week right now if you qualify for the highest eligible unemployment benefits. That's over $26 an hour for a 40 hour work week. This is what is given in CA. The government wants people to stay home and collect an easy check.
[Reply]
Bugeater 03:06 PM 07-09-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
Fuck. Off to the store.

https://www.abc15.com/news/coronavir...-rise-in-cases

https://old.reddit.com/r/IAmA/commen...izona/fxfp5d3/
BUY ALL THE TOILET PAPERZZZZ
[Reply]
Bugeater 03:07 PM 07-09-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
Define "lockdown".

Do you mean another "we recommend you shouldn't go out, but there really aren't any consequences if you do" kind of thing?
It's fucking July, so there are consequences...such as heat stroke.
[Reply]
eDave 03:09 PM 07-09-2020
Originally Posted by loochy:
Define "lockdown".

Perhaps we should wait for the conference, hmmm? However severe, blame goes to the smug dicks.
[Reply]
dirk digler 03:10 PM 07-09-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
Yep I concur. The virus hasn't changed but as you said we have gotten much better at treating it. We also have lots of potential good vaccines that will soon be available
[Reply]
Page 2542 of 3903
« First < 1542204224422492253225382539254025412542 254325442545254625522592264230423542 > Last »
Up