ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2528 of 3903
« First < 1528202824282478251825242525252625272528 252925302531253225382578262830283528 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Bugeater 02:23 PM 07-07-2020
Originally Posted by Bowser:
So get the hospitals and nursing homes sparkly clean, then.

Racist post reported. Now you'll have to ban yourself.
[Reply]
TLO 02:30 PM 07-07-2020
That's already been happening through this shit.
Right. But to further discourage people seems bad.
[Reply]
O.city 02:32 PM 07-07-2020
So with deaths not going up with cases, it seems there's something we've missed. I think there were way way more cases back in Feb/March/April than we caught, so deaths were higher. The cases we're catching now are milder and there are less of them. We know how to better deal with this now as well.

That's my theory.

Everyone thinks deaths are 2 weeks behind cases because that's how it looked the first time. But we were way behind on the cases the last time and they seemed to spike a few weeks before deaths but actually, it was way before and they were way higher.
[Reply]
Fat Elvis 02:33 PM 07-07-2020
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Any thoughts on these things? Sounds iffy.

https://www.rgf.com/rgfs-patented-ai...d-flu-viruses/
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Not nearly enough air exchanges per hour for it to be effective would be my guess.
KDHE is installing these things in Curtis State Office Building; if it works, it is an interesting and elegant solution (hometown solution, too--LFK):

https://www.startlandnews.com/2020/0...Ypcj6bnIIMfByk
[Reply]
Bowser 02:34 PM 07-07-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
So with deaths not going up with cases, it seems there's something we've missed. I think there were way way more cases back in Feb/March/April than we caught, so deaths were higher. The cases we're catching now are milder and there are less of them. We know how to better deal with this now as well.

That's my theory.

Everyone thinks deaths are 2 weeks behind cases because that's how it looked the first time. But we were way behind on the cases the last time and they seemed to spike a few weeks before deaths but actually, it was way before and they were way higher.
I personally feel this shit has been here much, much longer than is believed. There is talk of China knowing about this as far back as late summer of '19. We'll never know for sure because they'll never officially admit to anything like that.
[Reply]
Bowser 02:35 PM 07-07-2020
Originally Posted by HUMONGOUS BONEREATER:
Racist post reported. Now you'll have to ban yourself.
I really should ban myself from this thread, lol.
[Reply]
O.city 02:36 PM 07-07-2020
I personally feel this shit has been here much, much longer than is believed. There is talk of China knowing about this as far back as late summer of '19. We'll never know for sure because they'll never officially admit to anything like that.
I would guess January there was community spread. I don't know about December, but it's possible.
[Reply]
Donger 02:37 PM 07-07-2020

That's my theory.

We are seeing deaths increase in states which have seen significant new case growth.
[Reply]
KCUnited 02:39 PM 07-07-2020
For fellow chart dorks

https://www.reddit.com/r/dataisbeaut...tm_name=iossmf
[Reply]
O.city 02:39 PM 07-07-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
We are seeing deaths increase in states which have seen significant new case growth.
Not really.

Arizona has had some weird things with the numbers but it's not jumped the rails like it did in NY yet.
[Reply]
Donger 02:40 PM 07-07-2020
Not really.

Arizona has had some weird things with the numbers but it's not jumped the rails like it did in NY yet.
No, there are increases in deaths in those states. Florida, Texas and Arizona. haven't looked at California. I didn't say anything about comparing them to NY.
[Reply]
suzzer99 02:41 PM 07-07-2020
It makes sense that deaths would be low since older/at-risk people are taking precautions. So the leading edge of this second wave (or whatever you want to call it) is going to be a lot of young people.

The big question is do they ultimately end up infecting a lot more at-risk/older people, or can we get close to herd immunity with only the young/healthy?

But again - long term damage - no one knows how much, but it's definitely happening.

My stepdad always said "growing up they said the only problem with smoking is it would stunt your growth". Hopefully we don't wind up with a chunk of this wave saying "No one knew there could be long term damage" for the rest of their lives.
[Reply]
O.city 02:42 PM 07-07-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
No, there are increases in deaths in those states. Florida, Texas and Arizona. haven't looked at California. I didn't say anything about comparing them to NY.
According to worldometers site, there haven't really been any meaningful increases in deaths yet.
[Reply]
O.city 02:43 PM 07-07-2020
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
It makes sense that deaths would be low since older/at-risk people are taking precautions. So the leading edge of this second wave (or whatever you want to call it) is going to be a lot of young people.

The big question is do they ultimately end up infecting a lot more at-risk/older people, or can we get close to herd immunity with only the young/healthy?

But again - long term damage - no one knows how much, but it's definitely happening.
This whole long term damage fear mongering both ways is just out of control. We don't know either way. It's pretty pointless to say at this point, we won't know for a while.
[Reply]
suzzer99 02:45 PM 07-07-2020
This whole long term damage fear mongering both ways is just out of control. We don't know either way. It's pretty pointless to say at this point, we won't know for a while.
We know it happens. We know there are enough people for there to be support groups for it, and studies done on populations who have it.
[Reply]
Page 2528 of 3903
« First < 1528202824282478251825242525252625272528 252925302531253225382578262830283528 > Last »
Up