ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 26
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Media Center>Warrant Vs. Winger Vs. Cinderalla Vs. Poison Vs. Slaughter
Deberg_1990 07:27 PM 05-07-2009
The Ultimate showdown. Who kicks more a$$ ???
[Reply]
dirk digler 08:42 AM 05-08-2009
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
If they will i will video tape myself saying PLAY ONCE BITTEN TWICE SHY AND GET THE FUCK OFF THE STAGE
Ok here is your chance they will be in KC June 13th

http://www.crossroadskc.com/
[Reply]
blaise 08:42 AM 05-08-2009
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Um, Rod Morgestern from Winger was the drummer in Dixie Dregs.

Kip Winger was a big time session bass player and background singer before founding Winger.

Reb Beach played guitar on countless albums before Winger.

Paul Taylor was and still is a hit songwriter.

Say what you will about Winger but they most certainly did not lack talent.

And to the contrary about Crue and Leppard, I know for a fact that on several of their albums, those guys didn't even play on them. And Leppard after Pete was fired was a Mutt Lange creation.

Oh, one more thing. Despite the popular misconception, Guns 'N' Roses wasn't Axl or Slash.

It was Izzy.

Hooray for Winger. They still sucked. They most certainly lacked the talent of producing quality music.
[Reply]
blaise 08:43 AM 05-08-2009
What about GreatWhiteLionsnake?
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 08:50 AM 05-08-2009
About this same time, Lars Ulrich of the band Metallica could be seen throwing a dart on a poster of Kip Winger in the video for "Nothing Else Matters". When asked about this, Kip Winger once stated: "Our band was known to musicians, and a lot of musicians showed up to see me play - watching trying to figure out how I'm playing - we were like the 'hair band' [version of] Dream Theater -- That is why it's the great irony that we ended up on that geeky guy's shirt on Beavis & Butthead, because Metallica couldn't play what we play, they couldn't do it, they literally - technically couldn't do it. And I'll fucking challenge those chumps to that any day of the week, but we could play their music with our hands tied behind our back. And so, I was a little t'd off about that, but in the end, none of that shit matters..."

Hmm, lock Lars and Kip in a shipping container and don't let them out until one kills the other ... and the survivor starves to death.
[Reply]
blaise 08:55 AM 05-08-2009
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
About this same time, Lars Ulrich of the band Metallica could be seen throwing a dart on a poster of Kip Winger in the video for "Nothing Else Matters". When asked about this, Kip Winger once stated: "Our band was known to musicians, and a lot of musicians showed up to see me play - watching trying to figure out how I'm playing - we were like the 'hair band' [version of] Dream Theater -- That is why it's the great irony that we ended up on that geeky guy's shirt on Beavis & Butthead, because Metallica couldn't play what we play, they couldn't do it, they literally - technically couldn't do it. And I'll ****ing challenge those chumps to that any day of the week, but we could play their music with our hands tied behind our back. And so, I was a little t'd off about that, but in the end, none of that shit matters..."

Hmm, lock Lars and Kip in a shipping container and don't let them out until one kills the other ... and the survivor starves to death.
I doesn't matter how skilled you are if you can't write something good. That's like an English teacher with great command of grammar that writes hack garbage stories no one likes saying she's a better writer than Cormac McCarthy. Maybe Metallica couldn't play what he could, the difference is he couldn't write what Metallica could.
Besides, his name is Kip. I think you're almost automatically a douche just for that.
[Reply]
Frazod 08:55 AM 05-08-2009
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I have seen everyone one of those bands live multiple times so I would rank them:

1. Cinderella
2. Poision
3. Warrant
4. Winger
5. Slaughter
This.

I've seen all these groups live. One of the last concerts I went to (early 2000s, before I declared myself too old and intolerant of drunken concert fucktards to go to concerts anymore) featured four out of the five bands listed. I assume that experience would have traumatized many of you. :-)

Anyway, Cinderella put on one of the best concerts I've ever seen. Watching them on stage was like traveling back in time to 1985.

I've seen Poison twice - once without C.C. Deville (horrible) and once with C.C. Deville (very good).

The only band of the bunch I never cared for was Slaughter. The wife loves them, though.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 08:57 AM 05-08-2009
poor winger their only song was about jailbait, fitting
[Reply]
blaise 09:01 AM 05-08-2009
poor winger their only song was about jailbait, fitting
No one else in the world could have made that song. It was genius. Okay, maybe a band like Autograph could have, or even the Bullet Boys, but no one else could have.

- Kip Winger
[Reply]
Frazod 09:04 AM 05-08-2009
great white would burn this pole to the mother fucking ground
I saw them in concert about 10 years ago and they were awful. I mean they sucked ass on every level. They were promoting a new album and didn't play any of the old material THAT EVERYBODY WHO WAS THERE WANTED TO HEAR AND THEY SHOULD HAVE DAMN WELL KNOWN THAT until the very end, and then they did it badly. And the new stuff was dreadful.

The people who got burned up in that night club fire were at least fortunate that they died at the beginning of the show instead of the end.
[Reply]
Consistent1 09:13 AM 05-08-2009
bon jovi didn't discover cinderella, dane saw them playing kickball in junior high and decided to make them rock legends
He'll be along to tell the story soon....
[Reply]
dirk digler 09:14 AM 05-08-2009
Originally Posted by frazod:
This.

I've seen all these groups live. One of the last concerts I went to (early 2000s, before I declared myself too old and intolerant of drunken concert fucktards to go to concerts anymore) featured four out of the five bands listed. I assume that experience would have traumatized many of you. :-)

Anyway, Cinderella put on one of the best concerts I've ever seen. Watching them on stage was like traveling back in time to 1985.

I've seen Poison twice - once without C.C. Deville (horrible) and once with C.C. Deville (very good).

The only band of the bunch I never cared for was Slaughter. The wife loves them, though.
I am a huge huge fan of 80's hair band music since I grew up during that time but I refuse to go to any of their "reunion" concerts. I just think it would ruin it for me except for Bon Jovi who I went and saw last year. They put on the best concert I have ever been to. And yes I am a huge Bon Jovi fan so go ahead and laugh. :-)
[Reply]
Frazod 09:19 AM 05-08-2009
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I am a huge huge fan of 80's hair band music since I grew up during that time but I refuse to go to any of their "reunion" concerts. I just think it would ruin it for me except for Bon Jovi who I went and saw last year. They put on the best concert I have ever been to. And yes I am a huge Bon Jovi fan so go ahead and laugh. :-)
I like Bon Jovi - saw them back in the 80s and as recently as 2002 or 2003 (last concert I saw). They put on a great show.

As far as the reunion shows go, most I've seen have been enjoyable. As long as they realize that the audience wants to hear their old stuff and they do it well. It can be a crap shoot, though.
[Reply]
Consistent1 09:21 AM 05-08-2009
I only have one more thing to add to this.....Dane's true identity.....drumroll please........mother-fucking George Lynch.....
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 09:22 AM 05-08-2009
great white would burn this pole to the mother ****ing ground

I see your Great White....and raise you Skid Row, Brittney Fox or Whitesnake.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 09:27 AM 05-08-2009
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
I see your Great White....and raise you Skid Row, Brittney Fox or Whitesnake.
stryyperrrrrr
[Reply]
Page 6 of 26
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up