ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Which currently nominated Chief do you most WANT to be in the Hall of Fame?
Albert Lewis 15 30.61%
Brian Waters 15 30.61%
James Hasty 1 2.04%
Jared Allen 1 2.04%
Leslie O'Neal 0 0%
Michael Dean Perry 0 0%
Neil Smith 2 4.08%
Nick Lowery 0 0%
Priest Holmes 13 26.53%
Zach Thomas 1 2.04%
I don't want any of these players in the HoF, and I am an unlovable cretin. 0 0%
I don't recognize any of these players. 0 0%
I'll hold my vote until Patrick Mahomes II is on the list. 0 0%
I enjoy voting in polls but I guard my privacy very strongly. 1 2.04%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Nzoner's Game Room>2021 Hall of Fame (and media guys) Initial Cut
Rain Man 07:44 PM 09-17-2020
130 great former players and some former players who are friends with the media made the cut.

The ones that matter (former Chiefs) are:

Priest Holmes
Brian Waters
Jared Allen
Leslie O'Neal
Michael Dean Perry (one game with the Chiefs, but it counts)
Neil Smith
Zach Thomas (well, kind of)
James Hasty
Albert Lewis
Nick Lowery

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Frazod 10:39 AM 09-18-2020
Fuck Bronco Neil. Its bad enough that he’s in our ring of fame. :-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:05 AM 09-18-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Fuck Bronco Neil. Its bad enough that he’s in our ring of fame. :-)
Somehow I've always been far more angry at Neil for going to the Broncos than I was at Lewis for going to the Raiders.

I feel like we wanted Neil back and he gave us the bird. Whereas the Chiefs seemed ready to move on from Lewis and the Raiders gave him an opportunity.

I think the Chiefs spurned Lewis whereas Smith spurned the Chiefs.

Maybe I'm wrong there - that's just the way I'd always viewed it. Lewis was 34, Collins and eventually Hasty were both 30 when the Chiefs brought them in (Lewis would've been 35 when Hasty arrived). I think KC just thought Lewis was at the end of the line.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:09 AM 09-18-2020
I mean if Terrell Davis is in the HOF Priest Holmes should be too
[Reply]
Frazod 11:16 AM 09-18-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Somehow I've always been far more angry at Neil for going to the Broncos than I was at Lewis for going to the Raiders.

I feel like we wanted Neil back and he gave us the bird. Whereas the Chiefs seemed ready to move on from Lewis and the Raiders gave him an opportunity.

Maybe I'm wrong there - that's just the way I'd always viewed it. Lewis was 34, Collins and eventually Hasty were both 30 when the Chiefs brought them in (Lewis would've been 35 when Hasty arrived). I think KC just thought Lewis was at the end of the line.
Well, Lewis wasn't part of a cheating Donx team that dealt us the most painful loss in franchise history, so there is that.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 11:17 AM 09-18-2020
That was a tough call between Lewis and Waters.

I went Waters...I wonder how many HOF OL have ever been named offensive player of the week?
[Reply]
Bowser 12:04 PM 09-18-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Well, Lewis wasn't part of a cheating Donx team that dealt us the most painful loss in franchise history, so there is that.
That was pass interference on Tony Gonzalez. Prove me wrong.
[Reply]
Bowser 12:05 PM 09-18-2020
Originally Posted by alpha_omega:
That was a tough call between Lewis and Waters.

I went Waters...I wonder how many HOF OL have ever been named offensive player of the week?
Waters is very deserving as well, but his lack of Super Bowl wins will hold him back. Unfairly, but still.
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:46 PM 09-18-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

Yeah, I've never been sure of what really happened with Neil. With Hasty and Waters and Lewis, I think the Chiefs moved on and those guys had a right to put bread on their table.

With Neil, I've never been sure. It's long enough ago that the details are fuzzy, but I think it was early in the salary cap era and we'd just paid Derrick Thomas a lot of money. Maybe the Chiefs didn't have a good feel for salary cap management yet and screwed up with the DT money. Or maybe they did and Neil simply wanted more money than the team could wrap up into an OLB and a DE when combined. It would have been a new environment for Neil and his agent as well, so maybe they didn't understand fully what was happening.

I feel like Neil didn't intentionally screw the Chiefs, and other than the fact that Carl was a win/lose negotiator I feel like the Chiefs weren't intentionally trying to screw Neil. I think Neil probably wanted money that didn't align with the salary cap era, and since the broncos were proven to be cheating on the cap in that time period they were the only ones who could give it to him.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 01:45 PM 09-18-2020
It was a tossup for me between...Albert Lewis, Brian Waters & Priest.

I went with Priest...just wish he had played a couple more years.
[Reply]
oldman 01:47 PM 09-18-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I mean if Terrell Davis is in the HOF Priest Holmes should be too
Again, validating my post that until OT is in, the HoF is a joke. C'mon, man --- Terrell Davis? Terrell freaking Davis??????

Originally Posted by Rain Man:

I feel like Neil didn't intentionally screw the Chiefs, and other than the fact that Carl was a win/lose negotiator I feel like the Chiefs weren't intentionally trying to screw Neil. I think Neil probably wanted money that didn't align with the salary cap era, and since the broncos were proven to be cheating on the cap in that time period they were the only ones who could give it to him.
I had the chance to ask Neil about that a few years back. His answer was "My heart never left Kansas City". That's all I needed to know. Thanks a lot, Carl.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 01:47 PM 09-18-2020
Originally Posted by oldman:
Until OT is in, the HoF is a joke. The Ben Davidson incident alone should be enough to qualify him.
That rant over, my choice would be Brian Waters. He should have never left KC. Thanks a lot, Scoot Peeholi, you miserable SOB.
It's a complete sham without Otis Taylor. :-)
[Reply]
KChiefs1 01:49 PM 09-18-2020
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
Otis Taylor, Otis Taylor, Otis Taylor, Otis Taylor, Otis Taylor, Otis Taylor and Otis Taylor. In that order.

I'm with you George!:-)

He brought me so much joy as a kid.

[Reply]
scho63 01:59 PM 09-18-2020
1. Brian Waters
2. Priest Holmes
3. Albert Lewis

That's it
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up