ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 19
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark goes off!!
Dante84 09:38 PM 01-19-2020
Love this dude so much

Frank Clark. Enjoy. Trust me.
🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥 pic.twitter.com/E3AFuZDX3L

— James Palmer (@JamesPalmerTV) January 20, 2020

[Reply]
Naptown Chief 03:48 AM 01-20-2020

[Reply]
JimNasium 05:54 AM 01-20-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Probably very little difference in Ford vs Clark quite honestly. Huge difference.in coverage and pass defense scheme skills with Matthieu. Its mainly a difference in dcoordinator. Sutton was really that bad. I don't ever buy the personality and alpha dog crap though. Its mainly a fallacy fans like to latch onto. They think extroverts are better at football than introverts. It really doesn't matter either way.
Dee Ford can’t stay on the field.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 09:29 AM 01-20-2020

What a move by Frank Clark ���� @TheRealFrankC_ pic.twitter.com/eAKnUCXlm9

— The Checkdown (@thecheckdown) January 19, 2020

[Reply]
Jerm 09:43 AM 01-20-2020
James Palmer was fixin to get a fucking roundhouse...

I fucking love Frank Clark and he's exactly what this defense, franchise, and city needed.

Jimmy G is a dead man walking...
[Reply]
jerryaldini 10:06 AM 01-20-2020
Of course when you play a team with an elite rusher and a marginal QB the defense focuses on the running game. But yesterday proved once again it's a QB passing league. The high percentage short passes Andy designs for our backs, the sweeps and scrambles out of the pass are our running game. Scrambles work cause we stretch the field. Accept it. Martyball is dead.
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 10:16 AM 01-20-2020
Frank Clark does suck.
he sucked the life right out of Henry.
There were a half dozen hits on Henry yesterday that damaged his confidence and body.
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:18 AM 01-20-2020
I thought it was very clear that the Titans knew they couldnt keep up with us by running. In the 1st half alone the Titans threw the ball 18 times, in the first 2 games this postseason the Titans threw 15 times in each game.

The Titans were ahead most of the 1st half and yet they still threw the ball, because they knew if they ran it there was no chance to keep up. The second half was very pass heavy. They only had 7 runs in the second half and 5 of those came on the 1st drive of the 2nd half.

The Titans knew they had to beat us with Tannehill, but our pass defense was too good this year. If this D was the same D as last year, then yesterday would have been a repeat of last year's AFCCG. People wanna act like the run D is why we lost last year, but the run D held the Pats to 3.7 ypc and yesterday we held the Tits to 3.5 ypc. The difference between yesterday and last year was that last year after we stopped the rushing attack Tom Brady would just throw for a 1st down, but yesterday the pass D was able to stop the pass.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 10:21 AM 01-20-2020
Originally Posted by Shiver Me Timbers:
Frank Clark does suck.
he sucked the life right out of Henry.
There were a half dozen hits on Henry yesterday that damaged his confidence and body.
Hell yes he did. They beat his ass into the ground.

Remember last year, when Rex Burkhead ran the ball right down our throats in OT of the AFCCG??

That shit ain't happening this year.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:22 AM 01-20-2020
Originally Posted by jerryaldini:
Of course when you play a team with an elite rusher and a marginal QB the defense focuses on the running game. But yesterday proved once again it's a QB passing league. The high percentage short passes Andy designs for our backs, the sweeps and scrambles out of the pass are our running game. Scrambles work cause we stretch the field. Accept it. Martyball is dead.
Wouldn't say it's dead. This league is run by franchise QBs and if you ain't us, you've got to work with what you've got. There's a reason only a few QBs constantly make a Super Bowl. We're just in the weird position now where we finally have one. But if you're Tennessee with the kind of team they have, your best shot is to probably build your team this way. All it takes for a Giants or Ravens to win a Super Bowl behind an average QB is to have a few games where a lot of things go your way and a lot of things don't go the other team's way.

But an interesting point that a few weeks ago, everyone wanted to copycut the Ravens, 49ers, and Titans with their 80% run offenses. This was a running league this year. The playoffs have exposed the problem with those types of systems. And I'd bet next year you'll see this trend become less of a thing as run offense talent gets diluted and defenses begin stacking up to stop the run.
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:23 AM 01-20-2020
Originally Posted by Jerm:
James Palmer was fixin to get a ****ing roundhouse...

I ****ing love Frank Clark and he's exactly what this defense, franchise, and city needed.

Jimmy G is a dead man walking...
It's so nice to finally have a D with an attitude. Mathieu and Clark have brought an attitude and nastiness to the D. Yeah Clark and Mathieu are out flying around, but it's rubbed off on some of the other guys. Our guys were knocking the shit out of players. I fucking love it and can actually enjoy watching the D.
[Reply]
rabblerouser 10:23 AM 01-20-2020
Originally Posted by jerryaldini:
That's funny, because they're talking about how SF beat the stuffing out of GB with the running game on GMFB right now.

I mean, I hope you're right. But if we beat the 49ers, it's because Mahomes AND the run D. Because Jimmy G sure ain't gonna beat us.
[Reply]
MeaTy The Pimp 10:27 AM 01-20-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
I got somethin real for yo ass in these hands
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:33 AM 01-20-2020
Originally Posted by rabblerouser:
Hell yes he did. They beat his ass into the ground.

Remember last year, when Rex Burkhead ran the ball right down our throats in OT of the AFCCG??

That shit ain't happening this year.
No, no one remembers that and the reason why no one remembers that is because it didn't happen. I know youre trying to push this stupid was agenda that the run D is as important as the pass D and youre wrong. Last year in OT Tom Brady threw it 9 times and Burkhead had 4 rushes in OT and they amounted to 0 yards, 10 yards, 3 yards, and 2 yards. Tom only completed 4 passes and all of those were for 1st down and 3 of those were 3rd and long. So youre going to keep doubling down and say that that Burkhead's 15 yards rushing were more important that the 60 yards Tom had?
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 10:34 AM 01-20-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Hes the best RB in the league.
How good is the #1 RB in the league if he can't be on the field because your team has to pass the ball?
[Reply]
rabblerouser 10:37 AM 01-20-2020
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Wouldn't say it's dead. This league is run by franchise QBs and if you ain't us, you've got to work with what you've got. There's a reason only a few QBs constantly make a Super Bowl. We're just in the weird position now where we finally have one. But if you're Tennessee with the kind of team they have, your best shot is to probably build your team this way. All it takes for a Giants or Ravens to win a Super Bowl behind an average QB is to have a few games where a lot of things go your way and a lot of things don't go the other team's way.

But an interesting point that a few weeks ago, everyone wanted to copycut the Ravens, 49ers, and Titans with their 80% run offenses. This was a running league this year. The playoffs have exposed the problem with those types of systems. And I'd bet next year you'll see this trend become less of a thing as run offense talent gets diluted and defenses begin stacking up to stop the run.
Part of me believes, because this is a copycat league, so many teams were geared to stop the pass, because of so many wide-open spread type offenses, that those teams geared to stop the pass became susceptible to the run.

The NFL goes in cycles, and it cycled back around to a running league in many ways. But the team with the better QB always has a better chance. That never changes. The X factor. Even yesterday, when Reid went full Martyball in the 3rd quarter and bled the clock with 5 straight runs (!!!!! :-) :-) GO REID!!!) he was able to do that because Mahomes put the team up before the half.

When a team is really clicking, a run game and passing game aren't mutually exclusive - the offense as a whole works with a defense as a whole to suck the life out of a team.

That's what we saw yesterday, and we're gonna need that again in 2 weeks against the 49ers.

1 more game. 1 more victory.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 19
« First < 3910111213 14151617 > Last »
Up