ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 31 of 57
« First < 212728293031 3233343541 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Ravens
TLO 05:50 PM 09-20-2020
Quite possibly a preview of the AFC Championship game.

Hopefully we can get healthy by Sunday
[Reply]
InChiefsHeaven 10:07 AM 09-23-2020
I used to work for the Omaha Beef Indoor football team as the PA guy. I stole the first down thing from the Chiefs (That's good for an Omaha Beef...FIRST DOWN). The team owners wanted me to also do the stupid Donkey IN-COM-PLETE thing...I just refused.

Some things are cool (the chop) and some are dumb (everybody else's shit). :-)
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:16 AM 09-23-2020
We're not in real good shape healthwise to meet Baltimore right now. I'm a little concerned.

Danna and Wharton have played well for a 5th rounder and an UDFA, but against that big Baltimore line?

We'll get Pennel back, but is he ready to pull a ton of snaps?

I'm not feeling great about our front 7 (or 6 most of the time) matching up physically. I'd feel better if we'd seen more of Gay and he was up to speed schematically.

I'm kind of wishing we'd start D'OD and GAY, have one spy Lamar every down and the other just play man on the RB. Surely that's simple enough for them to process.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:25 AM 09-23-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
We're not in real good shape healthwise to meet Baltimore right now. I'm a little concerned.

Danna and Wharton have played well for a 5th rounder and an UDFA, but against that big Baltimore line?

We'll get Pennel back, but is he ready to pull a ton of snaps?

I'm not feeling great about our front 7 (or 6 most of the time) matching up physically. I'd feel better if we'd seen more of Gay and he was up to speed schematically.

I'm kind of wishing we'd start D'OD and GAY, have one spy Lamar every down and the other just play man on the RB. Surely that's simple enough for them to process.
Pennel will be back and possibly Okafor and Ward too.

I wouldn’t expect Wharton and Danna to play as much this week.

Either way, we’re better off than we were last year when we played them.

Also, I think you’re severely overrating that Baltimore OL. They haven’t been playing that well at all.
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 10:30 AM 09-23-2020

You asked. We answered.

Black jerseys for Monday Night Football. 🔥 pic.twitter.com/kJRvKMkWWa

— Baltimore Ravens (@Ravens) September 23, 2020

[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:40 AM 09-23-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Pennel will be back and possibly Okafor and Ward too.

I wouldn’t expect Wharton and Danna to play as much this week.

Either way, we’re better off than we were last year when we played them.

Also, I think you’re severely overrating that Baltimore OL. They haven’t been playing that well at all.
Pennel is a big plus, I'm just not sure how many snaps he's gonna go. He's a big man and not likely in 'game shape'.

Ward I don't know that I'd play even if he could go; against Lamar and co., 1) with a cast on his hand he's not going to get any picks, so that gives Lamar an easy read and low risk target and 2) how well is he going to tackle with a broken hand? I mean you'd think he'd be less than great in that situation. I'd feel better about it against a more traditional QB.

as for Baltimore's line not playing well; I admit I have not watched either of their games, but they have outscored their opponents what, 71-22? That doesn't sound like they're struggling. Last year, and in recent years, they've had a big, mauling type line and those types of teams have always given us problems.

It's true, we've had their number in the Mahomes era, and I'm not saying we're fucked or anything like that, just that I have concerns.
[Reply]
Funkstown 11:04 AM 09-23-2020
This will be the AFC championship game right here. I live in Maryland, you can feel them chomping at the bit. They feel as if it’s their time to shine. No more mistakes on prime time. For them Lamar is better than Patrick, yet they know we live inside their heads. It’s cute. It’s going to be a brutal game. Pennel coming back for us is huge. I think we burn their asses 34-24.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:07 AM 09-23-2020
Pennel is a big plus, I'm just not sure how many snaps he's gonna go. He's a big man and not likely in 'game shape'.

Ward I don't know that I'd play even if he could go; against Lamar and co., 1) with a cast on his hand he's not going to get any picks, so that gives Lamar an easy read and low risk target and 2) how well is he going to tackle with a broken hand? I mean you'd think he'd be less than great in that situation. I'd feel better about it against a more traditional QB.

as for Baltimore's line not playing well; I admit I have not watched either of their games, but they have outscored their opponents what, 71-22? That doesn't sound like they're struggling. Last year, and in recent years, they've had a big, mauling type line and those types of teams have always given us problems.

It's true, we've had their number in the Mahomes era, and I'm not saying we're fucked or anything like that, just that I have concerns.
Pennel wasn’t injured, so I don’t see him being incapable of playing close to his usual snap count.

If Ward can play, cast or not, he needs to play. Fenton on the outside is not ideal, and I’d rather have Ward out there regardless.

As for the Ravens OL, I wouldn’t look at the box score to determine how well they’re playing. Even Ravens fans will tell you they mis Yanda and aren’t playing great up front.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:11 AM 09-23-2020
I actually would like Danna to start. He has a bigger body frame and is as athletic. Doesn’t matter though bc Taco is there as well if Okafor can’t go.

Goddamn man. CEH, Sneed, Danna and Wharton. All rookies. All ready to go from the first snap. What a job by Veach and this staff.

We’re going to keep getting better and better as the season plays out. Gay will join the lineup, Osemele will gel with the OL, Breeland back, Pennel back.

Goddamn we’re loaded AF
[Reply]
staylor26 11:18 AM 09-23-2020
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I actually would like Danna to start. He has a bigger body frame and is as athletic. Doesn’t matter though bc Taco is there as well if Okafor can’t go.

Goddamn man. CEH, Sneed, Danna and Wharton. All rookies. All ready to go from the first snap. What a job by Veach and this staff.

We’re going to keep getting better and better as the season plays out. Gay will join the lineup, Osemele will gel with the OL, Breeland back, Pennel back.

Goddamn we’re loaded AF
Is there any doubt that Danna would be the best edge rusher on a team like the Seahawks today?

:-)
[Reply]
Mecca 11:21 AM 09-23-2020
Taco played really well the other day.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:24 AM 09-23-2020
Before someone says it, this is only through 2 weeks.

Buuuuuuttttt.....

The vaunted Ravens offensive line currently ranks 31st in pass protection (10.7% adjusted sack rate, which is fucking terrible) and 17th in run blocking (4.3 adjusted line yards).

Having played the Texans also and a much better second opponent defense, the Chiefs offensive line ranks 2nd in pass protection (2.8% adjusted sack rate) and 7th in run blocking (4.7 adjusted line yards).
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 11:26 AM 09-23-2020
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Before someone says it, this is only through 2 weeks.

Buuuuuuttttt.....

The vaunted Ravens offensive line currently ranks 31st in pass protection (10.7% adjusted sack rate, which is ****ing terrible) and 17th in run blocking (4.3 adjusted line yards).

Having played the Texans also and a much better second opponent defense, the Chiefs offensive line ranks 2nd in pass protection (2.8% adjusted sack rate) and 7th in run blocking (4.7 adjusted line yards).
Their line really isn’t that special at this point from a talent POV. Ronnie Stanley is the only star of the bunch.

Orlando Brown looks good when they’re running with a lead, but I think we see his real abilities in pass pro if they’re having to throw a lot.

On the interior, it’s pretty meh.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:30 AM 09-23-2020
Dude has only been gone two weeks, and i sincerely doubt he was sitting on his ass this whole time eating hotpockets.

Well, Hamilton and Fenton probably won't tackle him with two good hands, so go ahead and give me the coverage ability.

as for Baltimore's line not playing well; I admit I have not watched either of their games, but they have outscored their opponents what, 71-22? That doesn't sound like they're struggling.
They're struggling about as much as the Chiefs are struggling (psssst they're not)

Teams finding smidgets of success against them here and there does not equal struggling.

I think people are just trying to point out that they, like us, have holes that can be exposed, and there's areas there where plays can be had.
[Reply]
ModSocks 11:37 AM 09-23-2020
Originally Posted by Funkstown:
This will be the AFC championship game right here. I live in Maryland, you can feel them chomping at the bit. They feel as if it’s their time to shine. No more mistakes on prime time. For them Lamar is better than Patrick, yet they know we live inside their heads. It’s cute. It’s going to be a brutal game. Pennel coming back for us is huge. I think we burn their asses 34-24.
Well, they're catching us at the right time, TBH.

They're hot and full strength, we're hot but still figuring shit out defensively and offensively we haven't really hit our stride yet either.

They may win this, and all year the media will claim we're the #2 team in the AFC blah blah blah.

But the post season is all i give a shit about, the Ravens and Lamar are chokers until proven otherwise.

And by the time the Post Season rolls around, the defense will have figured it out and Mahomes will be slicing and dicing.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:40 AM 09-23-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Well, they're catching us at the right time, TBH.

They're hot and full strength, we're hot but still figuring shit out defensively and offensively we haven't really hit our stride yet either.

They may win this, and all year the media will claim we're the #2 team in the AFC blah blah blah.

But the post season is all i give a shit about, the Ravens and Lamar are chokers until proven otherwise.

And by the time the Post Season rolls around, the defense will have figured it out and Mahomes will be slicing and dicing.
The situation was much the same last year and the Chiefs basically blew their doors off in the first half.

The only real difference is the venue so I expect it to be a lot tougher than last year's game.
[Reply]
Page 31 of 57
« First < 212728293031 3233343541 > Last »
Up