ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 25 of 26
« First < 152122232425 26 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Houston Astros get hammered for cheating
siberian khatru 12:59 PM 01-13-2020

BREAKING: Per sources, MLB’s penalties for #Astros include:

*One-year suspensions for GM Jeff Luhnow and manager AJ Hinch.

*Losses of 1st and 2nd round draft picks in both 2020 and ‘21.

*A fine of $5M.

Full story and more context with @EvanDrellich: https://t.co/djvKEYFiC7

— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) January 13, 2020

No players were disciplined by Major League Baseball in the Astros' investigation. While Mets manager Carlos Beltran was part of it, he was a player at the time and thus was not suspended.

Discipline for Red Sox manager Alex Cora is coming. It is going to be harsh, per sources.

— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) January 13, 2020

Jim Crane just fired Jeff Luhnow and AJ Hinch.

— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) January 13, 2020

[Reply]
kstater 03:46 PM 02-28-2020
Pfft, it's not like Kershaw's breaking stuff is all that good.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Manila-Chief 11:02 AM 02-29-2020
Just want to add my 2 cents worth ... I know from experience that stealing signals/signs has been going on for over 6 decades (yep, probably from the beginning of the game) ... when it's done on the field there is a certain lure to the game ... teams know about that and attempt to disguise their signals ... as you guys know - that's why a catcher will flash 3 or 4 signals with men on base, etc. ... but, it seems to me, that the electronic stuff is way over the top.

This really illustrates the issue ... "the Astros didn't swing and miss at a single offspeed pitch from Clayton Kershaw in Game 5 of the 2017 World Series." Would Kershaw have won with out the illegal help? Who knows but the league should put a stop to it?

But, my purpose is to voice my opinion of possible punishment. When I first heard this my thoughts were the Astors/Red Socks/etc. should be stripped of their title. Giving it to the opposition could be up to debate. That will put a stop to teams doing it.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:23 PM 05-25-2021
This is total BS that not one single player got disciplined.

Game 5 of the 2017 world series, Kershaw threw 51 breaking balls and the Astros swung at none!!
😳😳😳

Stat from Tom Verducci https://t.co/0j2gd6Wz7m

— @realBoShek (@realboshek) May 26, 2021

[Reply]
The Franchise 09:46 PM 05-25-2021
Fuck the Astros. Fuck the city of Houston.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:23 PM 05-25-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Well ...

*flips through notes*

*double checks*

*carry the 6*

Yep. Totally correct.
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:15 PM 05-25-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I mean, that's incredible. I'm sure there's worse cheating somewhere, but this is pretty close to the lowest of the low.

[Reply]
TEX 09:07 AM 05-26-2021
**** the Astros. **** the city of Houston.
Yes, **** the Astros and **** you!
Kidding on the last part. Just needed another **** in there to match your post.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:20 AM 05-26-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...pygate-scandal
Son, ghostwriter of late senator say Trump intervened to stop probe of Patriots' Spygate scandal

The NFL tried to combat the Specter inquiry with public statements from teams that were the primary victims of New England's spying saying the league had done its due diligence. It wasn't working.
But there was one man, a mutual friend of Specter and Patriots owner Robert Kraft, who believed that he could make the investigation go away. He was a famous businessman and reality television star who routinely threw money at politicians to try to curry favor, whether it worked or not. He had been a generous political patron of Specter's for two decades.
One day in early 2008, Specter had dinner with the man in Palm Beach at his palatial club, not far from Kraft's Florida home. A phone call followed. The friend offered Specter what the senator felt was tantamount to a bribe: "If you laid off the Patriots, there'd be a lot of money in Palm Beach."
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 09:39 AM 05-26-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...pygate-scandal
Son, ghostwriter of late senator say Detoxing intervened to stop probe of Patriots' Spygate scandal

The NFL tried to combat the Specter inquiry with public statements from teams that were the primary victims of New England's spying saying the league had done its due diligence. It wasn't working.
But there was one man, a mutual friend of Specter and Patriots owner Robert Kraft, who believed that he could make the investigation go away. He was a famous businessman and reality television star who routinely threw money at politicians to try to curry favor, whether it worked or not. He had been a generous political patron of Specter's for two decades.
One day in early 2008, Specter had dinner with the man in Palm Beach at his palatial club, not far from Kraft's Florida home. A phone call followed. The friend offered Specter what the senator felt was tantamount to a bribe: "If you laid off the Patriots, there'd be a lot of money in Palm Beach."
This isn't even Astros related. Take the shit to DC.
[Reply]
Mennonite 09:50 AM 05-26-2021
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
This isn't even Astros related. Take the shit to DC.

Go fuck yourself you dumb faggot.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 10:00 AM 05-26-2021
Originally Posted by Mennonite:
Go **** yourself you dumb bundle of sticks.
Ahhh, a libtard has been exposed.
[Reply]
Spott 10:19 AM 05-26-2021
I can’t believe that one of our cp members was lobbying for Brady’s acquittal. That should be a bannable offense.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 10:20 AM 05-26-2021
Ok,

Well...... Uh, how long we going to be mad about this?
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:08 PM 05-26-2021
I'm glad the Astros weren't as overtly cheating when they met the Royals in the playoffs. On a similar note, I can't imagine being an opposing player/pitcher and getting ****ed like that. I'm guessing some guys had their careers altered (to some degree) due to this garbage.

Fortunately, the Royals were back to stinking by the time this happened.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:19 PM 05-26-2021
I had no idea the Tigers hired this POS to be their manager. I mean, WTF?

"We talked about this the other day," Hinch told reporters. "And in reality it's a joke. But Major League Baseball does a lot to ensure the fairness of the game. There's people everywhere. If you go through the dugouts and the clubhouses and the hallways, there's like so many people around that are (responsible for security).

"And then when I get contacted about some questions about whistling, it made me laugh because it's ridiculous. And had I known that it would take something like that to set off the Yankees or any other team, we would have practiced it in spring training. It apparently works, even when it doesn't happen."
[Reply]
Page 25 of 26
« First < 152122232425 26 >
Up