ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 23 of 26
« First < 131920212223 242526 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Houston Astros get hammered for cheating
siberian khatru 12:59 PM 01-13-2020

BREAKING: Per sources, MLB’s penalties for #Astros include:

*One-year suspensions for GM Jeff Luhnow and manager AJ Hinch.

*Losses of 1st and 2nd round draft picks in both 2020 and ‘21.

*A fine of $5M.

Full story and more context with @EvanDrellich: https://t.co/djvKEYFiC7

— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) January 13, 2020

No players were disciplined by Major League Baseball in the Astros' investigation. While Mets manager Carlos Beltran was part of it, he was a player at the time and thus was not suspended.

Discipline for Red Sox manager Alex Cora is coming. It is going to be harsh, per sources.

— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) January 13, 2020

Jim Crane just fired Jeff Luhnow and AJ Hinch.

— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) January 13, 2020

[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:03 PM 02-20-2020
Originally Posted by CarlosCarson88:
They aren't taking away the trophy. So, what ever.
Just another dumb, unimportant, pointless sports story.
How is it dumb, unimportant, and/or pointless? A little detail here might be helpful.
[Reply]
CarlosCarson27 10:26 PM 02-20-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
How is it dumb, unimportant, and/or pointless? A little detail here might be helpful.
Because its a ****ing sports story. Won't change godam life one bit, no matter how it ends.
It's as useless as the Trump impeachment crap that went no where.
Teams still signs. It doesn't matter whether it's manually or with electronics. It's gone on for 100 years.

I talked to a older minor leaguer, who came from a long line of older cousins, uncles, Brothers. Who all played Major league baseball.
He said all teams know how to steal signals. The electronics aren't even needed.

He also told me he had a relative on the Reds with Pete Rose. He could see Rose look in the stands while he was in the batters circle /next up , for two or 3 guys sitting next to each other. Giving Rose the thumbs up or down sign, for his next at bat.
That means Rose was just the tip of the iceberg. But they made him the scapegoat.
[Reply]
TribalElder 10:28 PM 02-20-2020
They cheated

They won a championship

everyone found out about the cheating

they still keep their championship

so basically the Astros are the Patriots
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:46 PM 02-20-2020
Because its a ****ing sports story. Won't change godam life one bit, no matter how it ends.
Teams still signs. It doesn't matter whether it's manually or with electronics. It's gone on for 100 years.

I talked to a older minor leaguer, who came from a long line of older cousins, uncles, Brothers. Who all played Major league baseball.
He said all teams know how to steal signals. The electronics aren't even needed.

He also told me he had a relative on the Reds with Pete Rose. He could see Rose look in the stands while he was in the batters circle /next up , for two or 3 guys sitting next to each other. Giving Rose the thumbs up or down sign, for his next at bat.
That means Rose was just the tip of the iceberg. But they made him the scapegoat.
Literally none of that supports your thesis. Even your dumb ass understands that.
[Reply]
CarlosCarson27 11:09 PM 02-20-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Literally none of that supports your thesis. Even your dumb ass understands that.
Um...I said it's unimportant. Therefore it's unimportant. This is useless information about a topic that will change nothing about any of our lives. Lots of frivolous nothing.

It's pretty self explanatory.
[Reply]
CarlosCarson27 11:11 PM 02-20-2020
Originally Posted by TribalElder:
They cheated

They won a championship

everyone found out about the cheating

they still keep their championship

so basically the Astros are the Patriots
Sports illustrated even told you years in advance they'd win it.
But that's just coincidental luck,right?
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:30 AM 02-21-2020

It matters because fans want real baseball. Almost as bad as when Donaghy was throwing nba games. If everyone is doing it that's more incentive for Manfred to take actual steps to stopping it. Which he has no interest in. And I wouldn't doubt a big reason for it is because hitting = money. Same reason he probably juiced the ball which is also terrible for the game.
[Reply]
CarlosCarson27 02:44 AM 02-21-2020
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
It matters because fans want real baseball. Almost as bad as when Donaghy was throwing nba games. If everyone is doing it that's more incentive for Manfred to take actual steps to stopping it. Which he has no interest in. And I wouldn't doubt a big reason for it is because hitting = money. Same reason he probably juiced the ball which is also terrible for the game.
want real baseball? but dont pay attention when baseball straight up tells you they have different weighted balls they pull out for certain situations and players.
The guy I talked to, all his relatives knew they were just paid to play. Its not a pure game and never was. . Its theatre. the MLB knew and knows whos juiced. They created the Home run race to boost interest. They didnt get surprised by it.
juicing the ball was terrible? it obviously wasnt. Players are obviously still hitting the ball out more often then not, and at fantasically timely tv prime time moments. When supposedly theyve cracked down on steroids and cheating etc etc. Its called "the show" . Not the fair and honest competition league of honest gentlemen.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 04:59 PM 02-24-2020
And so it begins for the Astros. Gonna be a long season for them.

Pre game #Dodgers fan giving it to Altuve but Astros fan has his back. #Astros pic.twitter.com/jwBYMPqk9Q

— David Nuņo (@DavidNunoABC13) February 24, 2020

[Reply]
eDave 05:07 PM 02-24-2020
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
And so it begins for the Astros. Gonna be a long season for them.

Poor kid.

Altuve hit by pitch in his third AB.
[Reply]
jerryaldini 05:31 PM 02-24-2020
Security was confiscating anti Astros signs
[Reply]
eDave 05:37 PM 02-24-2020
Originally Posted by jerryaldini:
Looked to be only "vulgar" ones.
[Reply]
Eleazar 06:25 PM 02-24-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
Poor kid.

Altuve hit by pitch in his third AB.
I hope he was hit in the first and second ABs too
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 07:06 PM 02-24-2020
Originally Posted by Gravedigger:
The "piece of metal" comment told me all I need to know about what the Astros and the MLB think of their Championship. The funny thing is that the Astros intentionally tanked, similar to us, but couldn't do what we did in back to back years, so they had to cheat to get to where we got to. Makes me proud of the Royals even more so.
:-) whaaat?
[Reply]
stumppy 07:18 PM 02-24-2020
Originally Posted by jerryaldini:
Already stealing signs again.
[Reply]
Page 23 of 26
« First < 131920212223 242526 >
Up