ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 18
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>St. Louis Cardinals sidelined with COVID
tk13 08:08 AM 07-31-2020
More postponements.

Positive coronavirus tests with the St. Louis Cardinals have postponed their game against the Milwaukee Brewers, a source tells ESPN, confirming the @jonheyman report. Unclear how many, but to this point positives had been limited to teams in the East. Now in the Central, too.

— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) July 31, 2020

[Reply]
Chief Roundup 11:29 AM 07-31-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
There’s also more time in between games, but don’t let that get in the way of your agenda.
A belief/feeling is an agenda?
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 11:33 AM 07-31-2020
Come on guys
There are differences between MLB and the NFL. Some of those differences are advantageous and others are disadvantageous.
There are reasons to believe that there will be some sort of an NFL season.
There are reasons to believe that there will not be any sort of an NFL season.
There is one thing that we all hope though. That hope is that there will be an NFL season.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:33 AM 07-31-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
A belief/feeling is an agenda?
No, that’s not what I said. Mecca clearly has an agenda.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:36 AM 07-31-2020
Pablo just sent a load to the moon
[Reply]
luv 12:04 PM 07-31-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
They're literally in an empty baseball stadium. Why can't they just spread out in the stands?

The Chiefs video about their preparations makes it very clear how half-assed the MLB is doing all of this.

If every NFL teams prepares like we do, then I have a little more hope for the season.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:13 PM 07-31-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Yeah they can’t. Guys aren’t gonna bubble for 6-7 months

They’re gonna have to be personally responsible when they’re out of the complex
My whole career is doing shit that initially people said it can’t be done, it’s too hard, we don’t have the time or resources etc.etc. Think outside the box. Be flexible. And get er done. If the NFL wants it to happen, I’m sure they can pull it off.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 01:15 PM 07-31-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
No, that’s not what I said. Mecca clearly has an agenda.
What agenda would that be?
It seems to me that he just thinks there will not be an NFL season. :-)
[Reply]
O.city 01:29 PM 07-31-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
My whole career is doing shit that initially people said it can’t be done, it’s too hard, we don’t have the time or resources etc.etc. Think outside the box. Be flexible. And get er done. If the NFL wants it to happen, I’m sure they can pull it off.
They’re basically doing it though without the whole bubble thing. Players are going home and to the facility where they’re gonna test the crap out of them for Covid.

Biggest issue will be having leadership basically tell them you’ve gotta bubble yourself when away from the facility. I’m sure the teams have people who can go to the store for you and that kind of stuff.

The families will be the hardest part.

But the nfl can’t do the nba bubble. How would they have a place big enough for the whole league and film crews and officials and everything? I don’t see how it could work

Officials in the nfl have jobs other than football. I’m curious how they’re gonna figure that out
[Reply]
Coach 01:46 PM 07-31-2020
And in other news...

17 cardboard cutouts of fans have tested positive for COVID-19.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:47 PM 07-31-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
They’re basically doing it though without the whole bubble thing. Players are going home and to the facility where they’re gonna test the crap out of them for Covid.

Biggest issue will be having leadership basically tell them you’ve gotta bubble yourself when away from the facility. I’m sure the teams have people who can go to the store for you and that kind of stuff.

The families will be the hardest part.

But the nfl can’t do the nba bubble. How would they have a place big enough for the whole league and film crews and officials and everything? I don’t see how it could work

Officials in the nfl have jobs other than football. I’m curious how they’re gonna figure that out
I’d bet that >75% of posters on here have to on an everyday basis at their jobs, figure out a unique solution to a problem at work. They don’t throw up their hands and say sorry, it can’t be done when it can’t be accomplished by the standard process.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:50 PM 07-31-2020
Originally Posted by Coach:
And in other news...

17 cardboard cutouts of fans have tested positive for COVID-19.
Man this shit is spreading fast.
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:01 PM 07-31-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I’d bet that >75% of posters on here have to on an everyday basis at their jobs, figure out a unique solution to a problem at work. They don’t throw up their hands and say sorry, it can’t be done when it can’t be accomplished by the standard process.
We have almost 800 employees and have been operating 24/7 since all this shit started. We have had a total of around 30 positive cases with employees since March, not including family members of employees which would likely add another 30-50.

We are down to 1 active unresolved case as of this morning with 2 people waiting precautionary test results that will likely be negative.

We have never shut down through it all and are using masks and social distancing etc...for mitigation.

Play ****ing baseball, and football for that matter.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:05 PM 07-31-2020
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
So the NFL players are going to sit in little plexiglass phone booths on the sidelines... and then go into the game and block and tackle each other?
Precisely. Repeated elongated exposure from close proximity is worse than quick exposure. I would imagine OL would be most at risk at contracting it from others during the game, but the most common way it will be transmitted is between teammates not vs the other team.

Either way, if they don't do it in a bubble it won't work.

They don't even need to wear masks in the NBA bubble, even though many do.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 02:13 PM 07-31-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
We have almost 800 employees and have been operating 24/7 since all this shit started. We have had a total of around 30 positive cases with employees since March, not including family members of employees which would likely add another 30-50.

We are down to 1 active unresolved case as of this morning with 2 people waiting precautionary test results that will likely be negative.

We have never shut down through it all and are using masks and social distancing etc...for mitigation.

Play ****ing baseball, and football for that matter.
There ya go. Wheres there's a will, there's a way. Since when did we become a country of thats not the standard process, we cant do that. OHHHH its too hard to figure out, lets don't do that. What a load of crap.
[Reply]
dirk digler 03:26 PM 07-31-2020
Sounds like the Commish could pull the plug on Monday if things don't improve.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...l_twitter_abcn
[Reply]
Page 5 of 18
< 12345 678915 > Last »
Up