ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 18
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>St. Louis Cardinals sidelined with COVID
tk13 08:08 AM 07-31-2020
More postponements.

Positive coronavirus tests with the St. Louis Cardinals have postponed their game against the Milwaukee Brewers, a source tells ESPN, confirming the @jonheyman report. Unclear how many, but to this point positives had been limited to teams in the East. Now in the Central, too.

— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) July 31, 2020

[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:58 AM 07-31-2020
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Didn't the NFL players already say no?
If baseball fails with this approach and the NHL,NBA succeed. they will need to reevaluate that position if they want to have a season.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:00 AM 07-31-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
The nfl can’t do a bubble. Too many moving parts
Come on man, Really? impossible? Sure it will be complicated and challenging but when its a choice of not having a season or spending time figuring out logistics, they will make it work.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 10:15 AM 07-31-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Come on man, Really? impossible? Sure it will be complicated and challenging but when its a choice of not having a season or spending time figuring out logistics, they will make it work.
It would have to be a shortened season of some sort. Having a bubble for 4-5 months with a week between games is a lot to ask of these guys.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:17 AM 07-31-2020
NBA and NHL can do it because it's just playoffs, for season play a lot of guys would opt out because being gone from family for 5-6 months isn't an option for them.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:24 AM 07-31-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
No.

If MLB's plan was "shut down any team that has a positive" than they shouldn't have even started the season back up.

Players were getting this during lock-downs. Players were getting this before the season opened. Players are GOING to get this because MLB didn't attempt to isolate them outside of the ballparks.

Players getting COVID was inevitable and if they simply planned on locking down any team that had a positive test, they shouldn't have bothered. And that goes for every single one of these major sports.

Accept occasional cases as an inevitability or don't bother. This is ridiculous.
I figured that's what they were going to do after playing the Nationals/Yankees game after Soto's positive test. It seems the Marlins situation scared them so much that any positive test is going to lead to at least a series worth of cancelled games. The Jays aren't playing the entire weekend now because one of the Phillies coaches has it. They've put themselves in a corner now and they'll never finish the season that way.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 10:27 AM 07-31-2020
Grown ass men can't keep enough social distancing, wash hands, and whatever else to the point that the teams playing are suspended.

But school... school should open right up. :-)
[Reply]
O.city 10:33 AM 07-31-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Yeah they can’t. Guys aren’t gonna bubble for 6-7 months

They’re gonna have to be personally responsible when they’re out of the complex
[Reply]
BWillie 10:54 AM 07-31-2020
The nfl can’t do a bubble. Too many moving parts
The NFL can do whatever it wants if it wants to. All it takes is commitment from the players. It would be at a larger costs than other leagues, but the NFL TV contracts also dwarf other sports too.
[Reply]
O.city 10:55 AM 07-31-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
The NFL can do whatever it wants if it wants to. All it takes is commitment from the players. It would be at a larger costs than other leagues, but the NFL TV contracts also dwarf other sports too.
Players aren’t gonna do it.

Plus the amount of people it would take to be in that bubble to make it work just isn’t possible
[Reply]
BWillie 10:56 AM 07-31-2020
As expected, no Phillies players tested positive but staffers who mingled with Marlins staffers did get it.

Playing the game is not what is doing this. I keep seeing guys in the dug out sitting by each other without masks on and that is in plain daylight. I know it's a team game, but have places to sit, plexi glass between them, and no locker rooms for all the players. Travel separately.

If that's what it takes, thats what it takes. It's really not that hard, but we are social species.
[Reply]
BWillie 10:57 AM 07-31-2020
Players aren’t gonna do it.

Plus the amount of people it would take to be in that bubble to make it work just isn’t possible
You pay me 500K+ a year, I'd do just about anything. It'd be a plus for me if I didn't have to see my family for 5 months and they COULD still see their family if implemented correctly. They could come in for visits as long as they quarantine correctly.
[Reply]
Eleazar 11:03 AM 07-31-2020
As expected, no Phillies players tested positive but staffers who mingled with Marlins staffers did get it.

Playing the game is not what is doing this. I keep seeing guys in the dug out sitting by each other without masks on and that is in plain daylight. I know it's a team game, but have places to sit, plexi glass between them, and no locker rooms for all the players. Travel separately.

If that's what it takes, thats what it takes. It's really not that hard, but we are social species.
So the NFL players are going to sit in little plexiglass phone booths on the sidelines... and then go into the game and block and tackle each other?
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 11:11 AM 07-31-2020
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
This makes football less likely?
I have on good authority no football will be played in St. Louis this year.
[Reply]
DaFace 11:12 AM 07-31-2020

They're literally in an empty baseball stadium. Why can't they just spread out in the stands?

The Chiefs video about their preparations makes it very clear how half-assed the MLB is doing all of this.

[Reply]
Chief Roundup 11:25 AM 07-31-2020
And they’re outside in well ventilated areas.
Both sports have domes and outdoor stadiums.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 18
< 1234 567814 > Last »
Up