ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Clowney lowers asking price
JakeF 03:10 PM 04-20-2020
from 20m per to 17/18m per

If Clowney's asking price continues to drop will it affect Chris Jones' contract?
[Reply]
BossChief 10:25 PM 08-07-2020
I mean, if he’d take 5m for one year, he’d be a good signing...but that’s unrealistic.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:26 PM 08-07-2020
https://www.pro-football-reference.c...C/ClowJa00.htm

Yeeeaaahhh... I'm gonna say fuck this dipshit. He's been talking about dollar figures all offseason, and all we've been MAYBE looking for is an extra boost to our pass rush.

He wants a payday, we want a cheap capstone to an already established product.

Fuck Clowney
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 06:11 AM 08-08-2020
Would love to have him on the squad! Figure it out Veach!
[Reply]
Chris Meck 10:02 AM 08-08-2020
I do not understand the fascination with Clowney.

He's not that great. Why does everyone want to throw a bunch of money at him? He's just a complimentary piece.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:06 AM 08-08-2020
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I do not understand the fascination with Clowney.

He's not that great. Why does everyone want to throw a bunch of money at him? He's just a complimentary piece.
While I agree with this, I can understand Spags' interest (if there really is any interest). With the Giants, he had those four pass rushers that basically won them the Super Bowl, and Clowney lined up next to Jones and Clark would be a force.
[Reply]
Bowser 10:07 AM 08-08-2020
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
https://www.pro-football-reference.c...C/ClowJa00.htm

Yeeeaaahhh... I'm gonna say fuck this dipshit. He's been talking about dollar figures all offseason, and all we've been MAYBE looking for is an extra boost to our pass rush.

He wants a payday, we want a cheap capstone to an already established product.

Fuck Clowney
Let's see what Taco Charlton and an ascending K Pass can do next to Jones and Clark. I'm fine with that.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:24 AM 08-08-2020
We did fine with "just enough" at that other DE spot all year. Hell, Ogbah led the team in sacks for the first several games of the season. He was averaging 1 or 2 per game until he got hurt.

Okafor was fine as well. Did about what we expected him to do. And obviously after that, we had Suggs.

I'm fine with Okafor if he stays healthy. And in the event he's hurt, it's not like we don't have options. Spags is constantly rotating linemen as it is, and I'd like to see Jones get some more snaps at end on early downs.

We have enough talent. We'll be fine.
[Reply]
CatfishBob2 03:15 PM 08-08-2020
Did we forget he's been batting injuries most of his career?...he would be a supreme luxury if he somehow managed to come here
[Reply]
Coogs 03:36 PM 08-08-2020
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Chiefs have enough cap room to sign him to a one year deal?
13.9+ according to Over the Cap.

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/kansas-city-chiefs/
[Reply]
kccrow 04:26 PM 08-08-2020
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
https://nfltraderumors.co/top-25-202...e-agents-list/

Pickens are getting slim- but there are a few guys that could fit our budget.
Some guys that pop out a bit to me and fit some injury spots are:

Josh Kline - G/C flexibility and would likely be a starter. Actually preferred him before the Osemele signing.
Marshall Newhouse - T/G flexibility but nothing but a backup
Tavon Wilson - SS/FS flexibility and better than what the Chiefs have as reserves now. Indy bringing him in for a look today though.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 04:59 PM 09-03-2020

The #Saints are sending an all-out blitz to try to sign Jadeveon Clowney, who has spoken multiple times to coach Sean Payton, sources tell me and @RapSheet. At least two other teams still involved as Clowney's extended free-agent saga nears a close.

— Tom Pelissero (@TomPelissero) September 3, 2020

[Reply]
BossChief 05:11 PM 09-03-2020
I’m sure Kamara is thrilled.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 05:43 PM 09-03-2020
If the Saints get Clowney, I’d say see ya in the Super Bowl
[Reply]
New World Order 05:46 PM 09-03-2020
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
If the Saints get Clowney, I’d say see ya in the Super Bowl
That would be a fun SB