ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 40
< 123 456713 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2020 STL Cardinals Thread***
BigRedChief 01:21 PM 02-13-2020
2020 Opening Day Lineup

Spoiler!

For the new Cardinal fans that joined the Planet since last year.....
2019 Thread
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=320239
2018 Thread
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=312812
2012 Thread
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=254619
etc.
All the way back to 2006 WS
https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=312812
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 01:29 PM 03-06-2020
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Andrew Miller is experiencing numbness and discomfort in his pitching arm. Mo gonna Mo with relievers. At least if he misses a good chunk of the year his contract won't vest for '21 and we can be done with him.
Especially with the new three batter rule, losing Miller for the year is the best thing that could happen to the bullpen.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:02 AM 03-07-2020
WTF did Munoz do to the Cardinals or someone employed by the Cardinals? Find coke in his locker?

Yairo Munoz receives his unconditional release, no explanation Given. Stay tuned. #cardinals https://t.co/fPpTNwWn1Z

— Derrick S. Goold (@dgoold) March 7, 2020

[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 11:59 AM 03-07-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
WTF did Munoz do to the Cardinals or someone employed by the Cardinals? Find coke in his locker?

He left the team and flew back to the DR with no notice.
[Reply]
scho63 06:53 PM 03-07-2020
Jesus fucking Christ are spring training tickets overpriced! I was thinking of taking in a Diamondbacks game as it's right down the street and they run from like $30 to $80 for a damn exhibition game.

I must have missed when they went from $10-20 a game.

So much for that idea!
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:35 PM 03-07-2020
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
He left the team and flew back to the DR with no notice.
that'll get you released.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:38 PM 03-27-2020
I miss Opening day and baseball. Also this era.

@miklasz on @BernieShow had an amazing opening day segment that had me feeling some kind of nostalgia. Here’s the Albert/Stan photo he was talking about. Tender is the perfect word especially the subtle hand on Albert’s leg. Is it dusty in here for anyone else? pic.twitter.com/f07TJDswPa

— Adir Yolkut (@AdirYolkut) March 26, 2020

[Reply]
scho63 10:49 PM 03-27-2020
Stan looks like he is trying to cop a feel.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 02:36 PM 03-28-2020
Originally Posted by scho63:
Stan looks like he is trying to cop a feel.
Stan the man thinking....... I use to have thighs like that. :-)
[Reply]
Marco Polo 03:07 PM 03-28-2020
I saw that Jim Edmonds is currently getting tested for COVID-19.

I'm guessing it's a probability at this point that my tickets to the London series will be refunded and the game will be cancelled at this point.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 03:37 PM 03-28-2020
Originally Posted by Marco Polo:
I saw that Jim Edmonds is currently getting tested for COVID-19.

I'm guessing it's a probability at this point that my tickets to the London series will be refunded and the game will be cancelled at this point.
yep, London is locked down way worse than us. When they get off the mat, an American baseball game ain’t going to be top priority. Premiere league will be.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:35 AM 03-31-2020
Coping DJ's post here out of the covid-19 thread

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Doesn't bother me.

MLB players have guaranteed contracts and have done nothing in violation of them. Why shouldn't they get paid? The service time thing is a weird question because of how easily it can be manipulated. I don't really know how to address that one. For instance, should a guy like Wander Franco or Dylan Carlson, who were almost certainly going to end up on a 25 man rosters this year, get a full season worth of service time when teams were almost certainly going to wait until June to call them up? Luis Robert is a bit of a moot point because he signed a major league deal w/ his extension, but he'd have been another really interesting question.

And then someone like Rangel Ravelo or Austin Gomber, who are technically on the 25 man right now for STL but most assuredly would've been riding the Memphis shuttle back and forth for most of the year, should they get the full season? I think their argument would be that if they got hurt on day 1 and missed the full year, they would have, so why wouldn't this count the same way? But again, in a 'regular' world, Ravelo would've spent less time on an MLB roster this year than Carlson would've, but because Carlson isn't on the 40 man right now, he'll get nothing and Ravelo gets a full season?

Service time's just a real tricky question and I don't think there's a good answer.
Why would Dylan Carlson get a free year of service time when he was already sent down before the virus and shutdown hit?

And the others, since the service time clock never started, why should they get their service time credit? Everyone's life is on hold, why doesn't baseball players get their life, service time, on hold too?
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:12 AM 03-31-2020
Eh, at least we don't have to hear drunk Dan ruin another game for awhile
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 10:41 AM 03-31-2020
If there is no season then why should anybody anywhere within MLB get anything. This will fall into an act of god category.
What is the shortest season that is doable? Is there anyway to get 80 games in? Would a lot of double headers be unfair? Every person has to suck it up a little during a time like this.
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 11:00 AM 03-31-2020
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
What about coke Dan?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 02:05 PM 03-31-2020
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
What about coke Dan?
hasnt he been clean for years?

No idea. I’m not up to speed on Dans sobriety status.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 40
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up