ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 40 of 153
« First < 303637383940 414243445090140 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: The Mandalorian
Hammock Parties 08:33 PM 10-04-2018
Jon Favreau is directing this live-action TV series.

Looks TIGHT.

Originally Posted by :
Production on the first Star Wars live-action streaming series has begun!

After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.

The series will be written and executive produced by Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau, as previously announced, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode.

Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok).

It will be executive produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Kathleen Kennedy, and Colin Wilson. Karen Gilchrist will serve as co-executive producer. Stay tuned to StarWars.com for updates.

[Reply]
Megatron96 01:24 PM 07-22-2020
Just finished re-watching Mando. Still good.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:55 PM 07-22-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I didn't know where to put this but I was told recently that a new Lando Calrissian Disney+ series is in the works starring Donald Glover and some outlets begun reporting the same.

I didn't post about earlier because I was told it wasn't a lock because due to working out Glover's availability but now that other sites are picking up on it, it looks like a go.

Even though it's a Lando series, it's likely that Han & Chewie will appear at some point, although I've been told that a Solo TV series is completely out of the question at this point in time.
It’s going to have to be good. One thing I think we’ve learned is you can’t trade on the past and tell mediocre stories.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:00 PM 07-22-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
It’s going to have to be good. One thing I think we’ve learned is you can’t trade on the past and tell mediocre stories.
I think Lucasfilm is finally headed in the right direction so I expect a Lando series to be very, very good.

The Mandalorian was the turning point. With Jon Favreau at the helm as the showruner, they've brought in incredibly talented directors (I mean, Taika as a TV show director?!!) and this year is no exception with Peyton Reed (Ant Man and Ant Man 2) and other phenomenal directors joining in for Season 2.

Hiring Deborah Chow (The Mandalorian, Mr. Robot) to run the Obi Wan series was genius as was hiring Tony Gilroy for the Rogue One prequel series.

Also, I've been told that Kevin Feige's first love is Star Wars, so if he brings what he brought to Marvel over to Star Wars, look out.
[Reply]
Gadzooks 06:23 AM 07-23-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I think the thing we've learned is we're no longer a part of the Star Wars demo. (30-50 year old male).

If Kevin Feige is added to the crew, we'll see a saturation of Star Wars content - good or bad.

IMO - We had our time with the original series and younger people are dumb enough to accept a crappy product as gold.

We had our time with Star Wars, time to grow up, it's over. Sad but true...
[Reply]
bowener 08:19 AM 07-23-2020
Originally Posted by Gadzooks:
I think the thing we've learned is we're no longer a part of the Star Wars demo. (30-50 year old male).

If Kevin Feige is added to the crew, we'll see a saturation of Star Wars content - good or bad.

IMO - We had our time with the original series and younger people are dumb enough to accept a crappy product as gold.

We had our time with Star Wars, time to grow up, it's over. Sad but true...
I disagree, but it is just my opinion. For films, we are right in their demographic of people that will spend $15-$20 a ticket. Feige might over saturate the box office with content, but at the very least he will create an average story with great production value. At best he will create a shared cultural experience that will span a decade and culminate with a great finale. Marvel films were enjoyable for all age groups and there is no reason SW can't be handled the same way. If you put solid writers and directors on these projects they will come out superior to the last 3 films without a doubt.

SW television may be a different thing. They have a show for adults, and soon to be several more. They will undoubteldy have shows for tweens too. There is too much money to be made, and too many possible stories to tell to exclude anyone from the shared universe. They aren't going to leave money on the table.
[Reply]
Gadzooks 06:32 PM 07-23-2020
Originally Posted by bowener:
I disagree, but it is just my opinion. For films, we are right in their demographic of people that will spend $15-$20 a ticket. Feige might over saturate the box office with content, but at the very least he will create an average story with great production value. At best he will create a shared cultural experience that will span a decade and culminate with a great finale. Marvel films were enjoyable for all age groups and there is no reason SW can't be handled the same way. If you put solid writers and directors on these projects they will come out superior to the last 3 films without a doubt.

SW television may be a different thing. They have a show for adults, and soon to be several more. They will undoubteldy have shows for tweens too. There is too much money to be made, and too many possible stories to tell to exclude anyone from the shared universe. They aren't going to leave money on the table.
I've found the Marvel products to be drivel.
Rehashed bullshit about Obi Wan and/or Lando would be much, much worse.

Deep down inside, I see the handling of SW, by Disney, as an injustice. But, I've moved on. Kids are stupid so they might buy whatever half-ass crap Disney decides to invest in.
[Reply]
keg in kc 01:16 PM 07-24-2020
I'm 46, and while the new trilogy of movies weren't great, they certainly weren't the disasters that the prequel films were. Filoni's handling of the animated series was certainly mature enough for any adult such as myself to enjoy, at least with Clone Wars and Rebels (I never watched Rebellion). And it translated fantastically to The Mandalorian. I actually think tv series like Obi Wan, Cassian Andor and Lando may work better than films would. Longer serial form fits exactly into what the OT was all about.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:41 PM 07-24-2020
Rumors are that there are nine Star Wars TV series in production, including Pre-Production for The Mandalorian Season 3.

In case anyone missed it, all Star Wars movies have been pushed back to 2023 at the earliest, all of which will have greatly reduced budgets.

As I've said in the past, I think the future of Star Wars lies on Disney+.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:43 PM 07-24-2020
Originally Posted by Gadzooks:
But, I've moved on.
Great!

We know you don't like Star Wars, yet you feel compelled to constantly posts about your hatred of all things Star Wars.

So, can you please stop fucking up these threads with your horseshit now?
[Reply]
GloryDayz 01:59 PM 07-24-2020
I see the resident malcontent has his hands on the keyboard again.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 02:07 PM 07-24-2020
Great!

We know you don't like Star Wars, yet you feel compelled to constantly posts about your hatred of all things Star Wars.

That's why I avoided ROS thread, because I was done getting pissed off at something I couldn't control.
[Reply]
Gadzooks 05:40 PM 07-24-2020
Great!

To be fair, I barely post in Star Wars threads, and when I complain it's generally related to the lack of creativity and the idiotic and lazy concept of prequels.

The problem is I loved Star Wars and I saw a lot of promise in what it could become. I now realize Disney will not take any risks and will rehash the same characters with lower level plot lines.

It's sad, but it is what it is.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:32 AM 07-25-2020
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
I'm 46, and while the new trilogy of movies weren't great, they certainly weren't the disasters that the prequel films were. Filoni's handling of the animated series was certainly mature enough for any adult such as myself to enjoy, at least with Clone Wars and Rebels (I never watched Rebellion). And it translated fantastically to The Mandalorian. I actually think tv series like Obi Wan, Cassian Andor and Lando may work better than films would. Longer serial form fits exactly into what the OT was all about.
The only good thing I can really say about the prequels is that they don't suck as much as VIII and IX. But they still suck. Hard. I mean, Herpes is better than AIDS, but it's still Herpes.

Of the 11 movies made, I'd recommend five of them. Well, maybe 5 1/2, since Force Awakens certainly had its moments. The biggest problem with Force Awakens is that the following films are so bad that they render watching it pointless.

The original Star Wars, Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi, Solo, and Rogue One (which at this point I'm fairly convinced is the best of the bunch) are the ones I'll happily watch again. To hell with the rest of them.
[Reply]
keg in kc 10:13 AM 07-25-2020
Originally Posted by Frazod:
The only good thing I can really say about the prequels is that they don't suck as much as VIII and IX. .
We'll just agree to disagree on that.

The Phantom Menace is still, to this day, the worst experience I have ever had in a movie theater. If you remember back to those days, the last Star Wars experience we'd had, if you don't count Expanded Universe books, was Return of the Jedi. Now RotJ was disappointing in some ways, fucking Ewoks destroying Imperial troops to sell toys, but it was still a good movie. Expectations for TPM were crazy high. The trailers looked great, all the early press looked great, it looked amazing. And then it was just awful. Kid Anakin was the most annoying character ever to grace the screen, the whole movie was about boring ass politics and economics instead of a space opera, some bullshit about midichlorians was muttered onscreen, and while they did manage to introduce two really cool characters in Qui'gon and Maul, they were both dead and gone when the credits rolled. I have never walked out of a theater more disappointed, not even after Clooney's bat-nippled disaster.

And then Attack of the Clones hit, the worst Star Wars movie by a landslide, although at that point I expected it to be bad. So it wasn't the crushing disappointment of TPM.

Revenge of the Sith was, marginally, the best movie of the prequel trilogy, bit that's kind of like saying you caught the best of the six strains of Covid.

As soon as JJ Abrams was announced as putting out the force awakens, my expectations dropped to zero. So, unlike TPM, I was not in any way disappointed by it. I've since seen it a couple more times. I don't think it's bad, and I don't think - aside from the Canto Bight sequence - 8 or 9 are all that bad either. I can see me watching them if I happen to find them on some night. I don't think Daisy Ridley was very good casting, I think the movies were too derivative of the OT and I don't think any of the new characters really captured much interest, but the movies are still watchable, if not particularly good.

Whereas I will never, ever watch the prequels again. You couldn't pay me to sit through that shit.
[Reply]
Frazod 02:28 PM 07-25-2020
The prequels were bad because over the course of two decades Lucas forgot how to make good movies and his bloated ego and unlimited power prevented anyone from reigning in his suck. They weren't bad because he hated Star Wars, Star Wars fans, Star Wars characters, or simply used Star Wars to shove a feminist agenda down our throats. Every leading male character in Last Jedi was portrayed as a useless piece of crap that had to be beaten into shape by the nearest unattractive, flat-chested Mary Sue. Luke was a dejected loser and quitter; Finn was a cowardly pussy; Poe was a hot-headed moron; Kylo was a raging toddler. And how dare Chewbacca kill and eat one of those cute little space penguin things! The bastard. He should have been content to drink the nurturing green milk from the life-giving giant space titty instead. And let's not forget the space bombers or light speed kamikaze run that shit all over everything in every previous movie. Both death stars could have been taken out by one rebel ship! Too bad Laura Dern was busy making good movies back in the 80s.

I'm sorry, but Last Jedi was so bad that it makes Dune look like Blade Runner. Rise of Skywalker was marginally better, but it was basically an undertaker trying to assemble an exploded, rotting corpse for an open casket viewing. They could only do so much to repair the damage.
[Reply]
Page 40 of 153
« First < 303637383940 414243445090140 > Last »
Up