ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 36 of 153
« First < 263233343536 373839404686136 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: The Mandalorian
Hammock Parties 08:33 PM 10-04-2018
Jon Favreau is directing this live-action TV series.

Looks TIGHT.

Originally Posted by :
Production on the first Star Wars live-action streaming series has begun!

After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.

The series will be written and executive produced by Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau, as previously announced, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode.

Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok).

It will be executive produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Kathleen Kennedy, and Colin Wilson. Karen Gilchrist will serve as co-executive producer. Stay tuned to StarWars.com for updates.

[Reply]
Megatron96 04:28 PM 05-15-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Good for her, she's carved out a nice little career.
As a fan of Katee since BSG, my only concern for her is that I feel like she's becoming type-cast. At least through BSG, Longmire, Another Life and some other piece i saw last year.

As a new fan of The Mandalorian, I just hope she's not playing the same character I've already seen her do multiple times already.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:31 PM 05-15-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
As a new fan of The Mandalorian, I just hope she's not playing the same character I've already seen her do multiple times already.
:-)

She's playing the same exact character in the Star Wars universe that she's voiced since January 2012.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:35 PM 05-15-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:

She's playing the same exact character in the Star Wars universe that she's voiced since January 2012.
And? Is that Star Wars character basically the exact same person as Starbuck? Or Niko from "Another Life"? Vic from "Longmire"? Because if not, your point isn't releveant to what I posted.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:37 PM 05-15-2020
And? Is that Star Wars character basically the exact same person as Starbuck? Or Niko from "Another Life"? Vic from "Longmire"? Because if not, your point isn't releveant to what I posted.

Seriously, your dumbassery knows no bounds, from football to film and TV.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:41 PM 05-15-2020

Seriously, your dumbassery knows no bounds, from football to film and TV.
Well, considering you haven't watched BSG, I'm guessing you have no idea what I'm talking about, sweetie. But don't let that discourage you. You seem to be all pent up. Just try to be interesting.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:44 PM 05-15-2020
Well, considering you haven't watched BSG, I'm guessing you have no idea what I'm talking about, sweetie. But don't let that discourage you. You seem to be all pent up. Just try to be interesting.
Good god, more proof that you're a complete and utter moron.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:43 PM 05-15-2020
Good god, more proof that you're a complete and utter moron.
See what I mean? Unfortunately baseless, repetitive, uninformed, uninteresting. Try again.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:43 PM 05-15-2020
What the fuck is wrong with you? Seriously. Of course I've watched BSG; Bear McCreary is a friend of mine.

You're a mouthy, punkass bitch that doesn't bring a goddamned thing to ANY subject, so kindly go fuck yourself with your sister's favorite dildo.
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:00 PM 05-15-2020
What the **** is wrong with you? Seriously. Of course I've watched BSG; Bear McCreary is a friend of mine.

You're a mouthy, punkass bitch that doesn't bring a goddamned thing to ANY subject, so kindly go **** yourself with your sister's favorite dildo.
Oh, did I get you confused with someone else? Okay, I retract that statement.

As for "mouthy, punkass bitch" look in the mirror, dipstick. You're the one that's been yapping like a chihuahua for the last couple days.
[Reply]
keg in kc 07:15 PM 05-15-2020
I'm struggling to think of how her performance of Starbuck was like what she did with Bo-katan. Although it's kind of difficult to compare a voiceover performance to a live action one. But the voices were different. Starbuck was almost shrill. Her presentation of Bo-katan was deeper and slower, and even changed over time, as the character itself went through a tremendous amount of change and development, and simply aged between Clone Wars and (near) the end of Rebels.

In any case, it'll be interesting to see how she lost the Darksaber to Gideon.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:06 PM 05-15-2020
Oh, did I get you confused with someone else? Okay, I retract that statement.

As for "mouthy, punkass bitch" look in the mirror, dipstick. You're the one that's been yapping like a chihuahua for the last couple days.
Oh, Jesus Fuck. We a have a Live one here. A Know-Nothing buttfucking moron with a Napoleon Complex.

Good luck with that, MegaTurd.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:28 PM 05-15-2020
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
I'm struggling to think of how her performance of Starbuck was like what she did with Bo-katan. Although it's kind of difficult to compare a voiceover performance to a live action one. But the voices were different. Starbuck was almost shrill. Her presentation of Bo-katan was deeper and slower, and even changed over time, as the character itself went through a tremendous amount of change and development, and simply aged between Clone Wars and (near) the end of Rebels.

In any case, it'll be interesting to see how she lost the Darksaber to Gideon.
I don't recall any similarities but it's been a while since I watched Galactica. I'd imagine her performance would be the same as the animated series, otherwise, Filoni would have hired someone else, as he did with the role of Ahsoka.

That said, I never understood the Katie Sackhoff "thing". I thought Grace Park was and is the better actress yet Sackoff certainly has her legion of followers.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 08:36 PM 05-15-2020
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...lorian-1294788

Timothy Olyphant is the latest actor to be captured by The Mandalorian.

Olyphant, who most recently starred on Netflix’s Santa Clarita Diet, will appear in season two of the Disney+ Star Wars series, multiple sources tell Heat Vision.

It is unknown whether the actor will play a new character or a returning favorite in a new guise. Mandalorian has finished shooting under a veil of secrecy, but certain actors names have leaked out. Terminator star Michael Biehn will be involved in the new season, while The Hollywood Reporter revealed that Temuera Morrison has returned to the Star Wars galaxy and is playing fan favorite Boba Fett (or at least someone under that familiar suit).

Lucasfilm and Disney had no comment.

Mandalorian season two is slated to bow in October on Disney+. Directors such as Alita: Battle Angel’s Robert Rodriguez and Ant-Man’s Peyton Reed have joined returning director Dave Filloni and show creator Jon Favreau, who also is directing an episode. Olyphant seems like a good fit for the gunslinging worlds in which the Mandalorian jetpacks around. The actor gained a following for playing a sheriff in HBO’s revered Western Deadwood and a tough lawman on Justified, an FX series that ran six seasons.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:47 PM 05-15-2020
Originally Posted by Beef Supreme:
Yep. Sand sucks!
[Reply]
keg in kc 09:10 AM 05-16-2020
Big fan of Timothy Olyphant, although I've never watched Santa Clarita Diet.

As far as Grace Park versus Katee Sackhoff, I've never really thought of Grace as a particularly good actor, either on BSG or from her run on Hawaii 5.0, but she's definitely the more attractive of the two. Although I may be biased - I have a thing for Asian women and don't generally like blondes.
[Reply]
Page 36 of 153
« First < 263233343536 373839404686136 > Last »
Up