ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 29 of 153
« First < 192526272829 303132333979129 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: The Mandalorian
Hammock Parties 08:33 PM 10-04-2018
Jon Favreau is directing this live-action TV series.

Looks TIGHT.

Originally Posted by :
Production on the first Star Wars live-action streaming series has begun!

After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.

The series will be written and executive produced by Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau, as previously announced, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode.

Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok).

It will be executive produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Kathleen Kennedy, and Colin Wilson. Karen Gilchrist will serve as co-executive producer. Stay tuned to StarWars.com for updates.

[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 12:08 PM 03-20-2020

BREAKING: @rosariodawson has reportedly been cast as Ahsoka Tano in #TheMandalorian Season 2! https://t.co/ggGj7Ce7SJ

— Star Wars Direct (@StarWars_Direct) March 20, 2020

[Reply]
Fish 12:51 PM 03-20-2020
Kick ass!
[Reply]
keg in kc 01:46 PM 03-20-2020
Gonna be weird not hearing Ashley Eckstein's voice. Glad to see it, though. Maybe Sabine is next.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 02:03 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Gonna be weird not hearing Ashley Eckstein's voice. Glad to see it, though. Maybe Sabine is next.
Sabine's clicking spurs which isn't Boba Fett's hopefully
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:10 PM 03-20-2020
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
If this report is true, I'll bet it was extremely difficult for Dave Filoni to cast someone other than Ashley because they're very close friends.

As much as I love Sabine's character (and really, everyone on the Ghost), I'm somewhat skeptical that Tiya Sircar would be their choice to play a live action Sabine, which for me, would take some of the fun out of seeing the character in that setting.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:49 PM 03-21-2020
I heard last night that Ahsoka may very well get her own spinoff on Disney+, which makes sense because she's a ridiculously popular character and one of Dave Filoni's creations.

It's just going to be "weird" to see Dawson as opposed to Ashley because she not only voices the character, but all of her movements were motion-captures of Eckstein, meaning her walk, run and facial expression are all her, making the character truly her own.

I hope that Dawson can pull it off, especially the voice.
[Reply]
keg in kc 06:00 PM 03-21-2020
It could open the door to a number of other characters, too. There's for months been rumors about a Rebels sequel series with Sabine and Ahsoka searching for Ezra. Ahsoka's Mando appearance means a possibility for both (or neither...) of them to appear in live action (and no makeup or CG would be required...). Toss a green wig on a young actor and you have another Jedi in Jacen Syndulla. Maybe Hera is still around, too?
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:57 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I heard last night that Ahsoka may very well get her own spinoff on Disney+, which makes sense because she's a ridiculously popular character and one of Dave Filoni's creations.

It's just going to be "weird" to see Dawson as opposed to Ashley because she not only voices the character, but all of her movements were motion-captures of Eckstein, meaning her walk, run and facial expression are all her, making the character truly her own.

Let’s see, this would make her what? 50 in the series? I’ll be able to buy some what of a voice change as long as they make the character a good one.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:07 PM 03-21-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Let’s see, this would make her what? 50 in the series? I’ll be able to buy some what of a voice change as long as they make the character a good one.
She was 14 years old at the start of the Clone Wars, which lasted three years total, so she's probably somewhere in her 40's during the time of The Mandalorion.

Also, no life expectancy is known for people of Togruta descent, so for all we know, she could live to be 200 years old.

The character, at least IMO, is amazing and I can only imagine the adventures Dave Filoni has cooked up for her character.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:27 PM 03-21-2020
She was 14 years old at the start of the Clone Wars, which lasted three years total, so she's probably somewhere in her 40's during the time of The Mandalorion.

Also, no life expectancy is known for people of Togruta descent, so for all we know, she could live to be 200 years old.

The character, at least IMO, is amazing and I can only imagine the adventures Dave Filoni has cooked up for her character.
Yeah. Odds are she isn’t a kid anymore is all I’m saying.

Agreed on the story though. Imagine how bad ass she is all grown up and living in hiding the whole time.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:45 PM 03-21-2020
Yeah. Odds are she isn’t a kid anymore is all I’m saying.

Agreed on the story though. Imagine how bad ass she is all grown up and living in hiding the whole time.
In case you didn't watch it, she was an important part of Star Wars Rebels and was shown as around 20 years older than during the Clone Wars.

I have to say, I've grown to love Star Wars: Rebels and their characters to the point where they're sitting just behind Han, Luke, Leia and Chewy in the OT.

A series with Ahsoka, Sabine and Ezra would be beyond awesome for me.
[Reply]
Buehler445 04:52 AM 03-22-2020
In case you didn't watch it, she was an important part of Star Wars Rebels and was shown as around 20 years older than during the Clone Wars.

I have to say, I've grown to love Star Wars: Rebels and their characters to the point where they're sitting just behind Han, Luke, Leia and Chewy in the OT.

A series with Ahsoka, Sabine and Ezra would be beyond awesome for me.
Shit. I haven’t watched much of it, probably 6 episodes into the first season.

Never mind. Disregard. My bad. I didn’t realize there was crossover. That should be motivation to finish watching it.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:04 PM 03-22-2020
Shit. I haven’t watched much of it, probably 6 episodes into the first season.

Never mind. Disregard. My bad. I didn’t realize there was crossover. That should be motivation to finish watching it.
Dude, I'm currently rewatching Rebels so my 7 year old can catch up events and have a better understanding of the backstory behind The Mandalorian, and it's just freaking awesome.

At the time, I thought that Season 1 was a bit slow and maybe a tad directed more at children than adults but after re-watching it, I don't feel that way any longer. By the end of the first season, it's just ridiculously great, with subsequent seasons becoming darker while digging way more into Jedi & Sith lore. We're currently on Season 3, Episode 16 and suffice to say, the story arc is ridiculously important to The Mandalorian. The animation becomes better with each subsequent season as well but it really looks amazing on Disney+ and a 75" 4K TV.

Also, once you've finished the series, there are several Star Wars Rebels shorts on Disney+ that are cool and even the Star Wars Lego series is really cool for filling in backstory, whether it's the Clone Wars era, Rebels, the OT and even the Sequel Trilogy.

Also, another series to watch when you've finished Rebels (and really, The Clone Wars series in which Season 7 is freaking off the hook) is Star Wars: Galaxy of Adventures. For some dopey reason, it's only available on YouTube but in terms of creativity and backstory, it's maybe the coolest series I've ever seen set in the Star Wars galaxy. Each episode is 1 minute or less but the animation and the stories are just fantastic. I won't give you the premise behind the series because I don't want to spoil it for you or anyone else but once you've completely Rebels and Clone Wars, please watch it because it's out of this world awesome.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:24 PM 03-22-2020

Ahsoka Tano is a better foil for Anakin than Natalie Portman's Padme ever was.

That scene where she leaves the Jedi Order had me in tears.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:54 PM 03-22-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Ahsoka Tano is a better foil for Anakin than Natalie Portman's Padme ever was.

That scene where she leaves the Jedi Order had me in tears.
She is an amazing character. I'm down with as many Ahsoka-centric series and films Lucasfilm creates, whether it's animation or Live-Action.

Give us more Ahsoka! :-)
[Reply]
Page 29 of 153
« First < 192526272829 303132333979129 > Last »
Up