ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 153
« First < 71314151617 181920212767117 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: The Mandalorian
Hammock Parties 08:33 PM 10-04-2018
Jon Favreau is directing this live-action TV series.

Looks TIGHT.

Originally Posted by :
Production on the first Star Wars live-action streaming series has begun!

After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.

The series will be written and executive produced by Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau, as previously announced, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode.

Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok).

It will be executive produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Kathleen Kennedy, and Colin Wilson. Karen Gilchrist will serve as co-executive producer. Stay tuned to StarWars.com for updates.

[Reply]
Buehler445 02:37 PM 12-17-2019
Originally Posted by Fish:
The whole pacifist Mandalorian angle they're working right now came off kinda weird in that last episode.
You mean not killing those other fools he left in the jail cell? Yeah. I was surprised to see that. He did nuke the station.
[Reply]
notorious 02:46 PM 12-17-2019
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
You mean not killing those other fools he left in the jail cell? Yeah. I was surprised to see that. He did nuke the station.
That was 10000% done for future story plots. The scum he locked in the cell will escape and chase him across the galaxy.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 03:16 PM 12-17-2019
Originally Posted by notorious:
That was 10000% done for future story plots. The scum he locked in the cell will escape and chase him across the galaxy.
More screen time for Clancy Brown
[Reply]
Frazod 04:29 PM 12-17-2019
Originally Posted by Fish:
The whole pacifist Mandalorian angle they're working right now came off kinda weird in that last episode.
It could just be a result of Baby Yoda having a passive (or perhaps not passive) influence on his overall attitude. From what psycho Twilek girl said, we can deduce that Mando has gleefully embraced his dark side in the past. Maybe creeping regret plus newly awakened paternal instincts are really starting to soften him. Which would definitely be a Disney thing to do.

I agree with Guru, though, that the last couple of episodes were a touch repetitive. Mando gets fucked over by everybody he goes into business with. Yeah, we get it.
[Reply]
Buehler445 05:13 PM 12-17-2019
Originally Posted by Frazod:
It could just be a result of Baby Yoda having a passive (or perhaps not passive) influence on his overall attitude. From what psycho Twilek girl said, we can deduce that Mando has gleefully embraced his dark side in the past. Maybe creeping regret plus newly awakened paternal instincts are really starting to soften him. Which would definitely be a Disney thing to do.

I agree with Guru, though, that the last couple of episodes were a touch repetitive. Mando gets fucked over by everybody he goes into business with. Yeah, we get it.

Eh, I think it's more he's desperate, because he can't do anything at all associated with the guild or the new republic, so he does shit with this wierdo and then when that blows up on him he goes to people that hate him.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:10 PM 12-17-2019
Originally Posted by notorious:
Bill Burr in season 2?:-)
[Reply]
unlurking 07:37 AM 12-18-2019
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Bill Burr in season 2?:-)
I'm assuming most of the episodic guest stars will reappear in season 2. Either as mission partners, clients, or enemies. Season 1 just seems to be universe building, which is fine with me.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:55 AM 12-18-2019
Originally Posted by unlurking:
I'm assuming most of the episodic guest stars will reappear in season 2. Either as mission partners, clients, or enemies. Season 1 just seems to be universe building, which is fine with me.
I listen to his podcast sometimes. Seen his act live. He's a funny guy. Never saw him act. Looks like he can play a sarcastic asshole as good as anyone on TV.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:00 AM 12-18-2019
I listen to his podcast sometimes. Seen his act live. He's a funny guy. Never saw him act. Looks like he can play a sarcastic asshole as good as anyone on TV.
IMO, he's the funniest guy in the comedy business at the moment.

I didn't expect him to have such a big part. I thought he equated himself well.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:09 AM 12-18-2019

Listened to his podcast while on a plane and he talked about the grief he's getting for dropping baby yoda. :-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12-18-2019, 09:19 AM
This message has been deleted by BigRedChief. Reason: dupe
Buehler445 10:24 AM 12-18-2019
Listened to his podcast while on a plane and he talked about the grief he's getting for dropping baby yoda. :-)
:-)

That sounds very Bill Burr.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 11:14 AM 12-18-2019
He was good on Breaking Bad.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:37 AM 12-18-2019
Bill Burr has been a frequent guest of Conan O'Brien over the years and some of his best bits are available on YouTube, which can be ridiculously hysterical. At times, he's as funny as Dave Chappelle, especially in a casual setting like a Talk Show.

He has several Stand Up shows on Netflix and for the most part, they're good to great although a bit uneven at times. I really like his animated Netflix show, F is For Family, especially Seasons 1 and 3. I didn't connect much with Season 2 but I am excited for Season 4.

He's a Top 3 comic today, IMO, and he's a better actor than one would expect.
[Reply]
SuperChief 11:49 AM 12-18-2019
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Bill Burr has been a frequent guest of Conan O'Brien over the years and some of his best bits are available on YouTube, which can be ridiculously hysterical. At times, he's as funny as Dave Chappelle, especially in a casual setting like a Talk Show.

He has several Stand Up shows on Netflix and for the most part, they're good to great although a bit uneven at times. I really like his animated Netflix show, F is For Family, especially Seasons 1 and 3. I didn't connect much with Season 2 but I am excited for Season 4.

He's a Top 3 comic today, IMO, and he's a better actor than one would expect.
I read some random Tweet today about "...seeing Bill Burr in Star Wars makes me believe there has to be some sort of Space Boston." Made me chuckle :-)
[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:44 PM 12-18-2019

Louie and Norm are still funnier. I like Bill, but he can let his premises get a little flabby and coast on his irascibility. He's more of a Southie version of Louis Black. He's upper echelon, but 'best' is a hard title to grab.

Actually, in terms of understanding comedy and natural ability, the above mentioned Conan continues to impress. His podcast showcases him as someone astoundingly quick on his feet. I don't know that he writes a set as well as the best, but in conversation he's up there nearing Norm.

Now, that said, Norm and Conan chatting is the gold standard.
[Reply]
Page 17 of 153
« First < 71314151617 181920212767117 > Last »
Up