ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 83 of 167
« First < 33737980818283 8485868793133 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Pets of Chiefs Planet
pr_capone 01:04 AM 10-22-2006
I know there are some animal lovers here.

Lets see whatcha got.

From left to right:

Suzy (Chow Mix)- 1.5 yrs old
Mandi (Long Haired Miniature Dachshund) - 13 years old
Angie (Dapple Haired Miniature Dachshunds) - 4 years old

Angie is the one that rides the motorcycle with me.
[Reply]
Buck 08:05 PM 02-01-2015
Originally Posted by COchief:
Jesus...dude.

- 3 month old puppy muscular as shit
- Long stringy wirey tail
- Border collie tail = long extremely bushy, Cattle dog = no tail
- Obvious pit face

Shelter people know if they can put anything other than "pit" the dog's chances of adoption goes up 1000% (with very good reason). Source = thousands of volunteer hours at shelters.

Not trolling you dude, congrats on the dog and she's cute. However, you have a significant portion of pit there and all the traits that come with it. Train the shit out of that dog and you will have to go above and beyond regarding socializing with people (especially kids) and other dogs. Make sure you let that dog know you are the boss and be consistent with your boundaries. Much easier to pull them down by the scruff of their neck and put them on their back at 30lbs than 60.

I don't care if she is a Pit or not, but I was just going by what I was told. She's a mutt.

However I've seen pictures of other short hair border collies that look exactly the same.

Pit bulls are my favorite breed and I wouldn't be shamed of owning one. It's possible she has some in her, but she's only 18 lbs and 4 months old. She's not gonna get much bigger. Probably 30-35 lbs at most.

When I finally live in a house with a yard, the next dog I adopt will be a Pit.

Also, I didn't get her at a shelter. I got her from an acquaintance who's cattle dog fathered her. He told me the other dog was a border collie.

So whether she is or isn't a pit she's still my dog and I love her.
[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 08:46 PM 02-01-2015
Originally Posted by Buck:
Starbuck and Apollo

Sophie
Sophie looks EXACTLY like my old roommate's cat. I have to get a pic. That is crazy
[Reply]
scho63 08:47 AM 02-02-2015
Little Louie-my GF's dog whom she moved in at the same time. He is a cool little dog and first dog in my life at nearly 52
Attached: IMG_20150201_135127.jpg (60.9 KB) IMG_20150201_135838.jpg (78.2 KB) 
[Reply]
salame 11:55 AM 02-02-2015
Originally Posted by scho63:
Little Louie-my GF's dog whom she moved in at the same time. He is a cool little dog and first dog in my life at nearly 52
Is he a Pomeranian? Looks sweet :-)
[Reply]
tooge 09:04 AM 02-03-2015
Took my beast out for a hike in the rain Saturday. After exhausting herself, she cuddled up with the wife on the couch. Total lush dog. First pic is during the hike. Second is during relaxation time. She weighs about 125 lbs but thinks she's a lap dog.
Attached: IMG_0485.JPG (135.4 KB) IMG_0525.JPG (115.1 KB) 
[Reply]
scho63 10:41 AM 02-06-2015
Originally Posted by salame:
Is he a Pomeranian? Looks sweet :-)
He is a Pomeranian and Husky mix. He actually will howl at certain times and also does it on command.

He is very strong across the chest as pulls hard, just like a husky.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 10:58 AM 02-06-2015
Just a cool shot (I think) of Riggs.
Attached: IMG_5149.jpg (94.5 KB) 
[Reply]
kcfanXIII 04:02 PM 02-06-2015
Here is our youngest, Harley Quinn. Border collie mixed with something. Giant pain in the ass but she is too cute to get rid of....
Attached: 20150128_183712.jpg (58.5 KB) 
[Reply]
seclark 04:08 PM 02-06-2015
walter
Attached: walter.jpg (126.7 KB) 
[Reply]
Buck 06:26 PM 02-10-2015
How do you convince a puppy to go poop outside?

She finally got all her immunizations as of 10 days ago or so so I've been taking her on longer walks. She goes on her pad, but I want her to poop outside. I just took her on a 2 mile walk after feeding (she usually goes within 2-3 minutes after eating) and yesterday I took her on about a mile walk and she only barely tinkled outside.

Is there a trick or does the dog's natural sense to poop outside just come along over time?
[Reply]
pr_capone 06:36 PM 02-10-2015

She finally got all her immunizations as of 10 days ago or so so I've been taking her on longer walks. She goes on her pad, but I want her to poop outside. I just took her on a 2 mile walk after feeding (she usually goes within 2-3 minutes after eating) and yesterday I took her on about a mile walk and she only barely tinkled outside.

Is there a trick or does the dog's natural sense to poop outside just come along over time?
It took us a bit to train the dogs. We had to go outside for really long periods of time at first... then gave lots of treats and positive reinforcement when they successfully did their biz outside.
[Reply]
COchief 09:15 PM 02-10-2015
What will help with this is if you crate her overnight or at times during the day, take her outside immediately and start using the terms "inside" and "outside", pick a word (potty) and be consistent. "Let's go outside go potty, good girl potty outside". If you use the same terms and are consistent she'll get it pretty quickly. Dog trainers say within 20 minutes of eating is usually poo time so you're right on there.

In general, dog training for me was: If you like say good, if you don't say bad, if they are doing something you don't like command them to stop, if she doesn't then make her (scruff of neck grab, put on back if necessary).
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:41 PM 02-10-2015

I have no idea. Our dog that we got as a puppy has never ever pissed or shit inside.

But he does respond to treats. Poop outside=treat. Every time.
[Reply]
pr_capone 09:43 PM 02-10-2015
My dog Su with my brother's mutt Oso.

[Reply]
headsnap 10:25 PM 02-10-2015
My shadow, Beck...
Attached: Beck.jpg (121.5 KB) 
[Reply]
Page 83 of 167
« First < 33737980818283 8485868793133 > Last »
Up