ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 43 of 167
« First < 333940414243 444546475393143 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Pets of Chiefs Planet
pr_capone 01:04 AM 10-22-2006
I know there are some animal lovers here.

Lets see whatcha got.

From left to right:

Suzy (Chow Mix)- 1.5 yrs old
Mandi (Long Haired Miniature Dachshund) - 13 years old
Angie (Dapple Haired Miniature Dachshunds) - 4 years old

Angie is the one that rides the motorcycle with me.
[Reply]
Fairplay 08:30 AM 05-01-2012
Originally Posted by KC Fish:
My family has had pet coons for many generations..

I see a terrible play of words coming from this statement.
[Reply]
Radar Chief 08:45 AM 05-01-2012
LOL... no. They're very similar to cats. Very fun loving and mischievous.

Really? I’ve heard that right around 1 year old they turn flat mean and nasty.
[Reply]
Sofa King 09:04 AM 05-01-2012
My buddy's mom raised some coons. Other than getting into shit constantly, they were really nice. The neighbors pit bull got out and massacred them.
[Reply]
Fish 09:11 AM 05-01-2012
Originally Posted by Radar Chief:
Really? I’ve heard that right around 1 year old they turn flat mean and nasty.
Nah. Not if you actually raise them like a pet. My cousin currently has one that's 11 years old and another that's 5 or 6. They're part of the family and play in the yard with the dogs and cats. The older one weighs about 25 pounds... If you're sitting in a chair on the porch, the fat little bastard will hop right up in your lap like a cat and take a nap.

I wouldn't suggest expecting to keep them indoors past a year or two old though. But only because they need a lot of exercise or they'll hide things around the house, and play in the toilet all the time.
[Reply]
HemiEd 09:15 AM 05-01-2012
Originally Posted by HemiEd:
This is our very large (18 lb.) Yorky. His name is Toto, we bought him in Kansas. We are Soul mates, amazing dog. Very well diciplined, does not have the small dog attitude.
We have had Toto on the Innova low fat food now for about 5 years, he is now only 14 lbs. and getting old and slightly cranky. We have a 5 pound female now that runs the house.
[Reply]
suds79 09:19 AM 05-01-2012
LOL... no. They're very similar to cats. Very fun loving and mischievous.

How does the bathroom situation work with a coon? Cats have litter boxes. Do they just stay outside all the time?

I just can't see how that's going to go well. But maybe it can.

For me personally, I'm not a fan of Racoons. We had a pond in our backyard and man did those d@mn racoons love that. Would come at night in the summer treating it like a fish buffet. Never really caught many fish but would tear up all my water plants in the process.

... Probably my fault for not having a pond big enough.
[Reply]
tooge 09:24 AM 05-01-2012
this isn't real current, she's put on alot of size since this pic, but the faces dogs make
always crack me up
Attached: dogmaya.jpg (115.7 KB) 
[Reply]
Fish 09:27 AM 05-01-2012
Originally Posted by suds79:
How does the bathroom situation work with a coon? Cats have litter boxes. Do they just stay outside all the time?

I just can't see how that's going to go well. But maybe it can.

For me personally, I'm not a fan of Racoons. We had a pond in our backyard and man did those d@mn racoons love that. Would come at night in the summer treating it like a fish buffet. Never really caught many fish but would tear up all my water plants in the process.

... Probably my fault for not having a pond big enough.
Bathroom situation works like this:

Raccoons are actually very smart animals. Smarter than dogs and cats. Their intelligence has often been estimated to be at near primate levels.
[Reply]
HemiEd 09:44 AM 05-01-2012
Nah. Not if you actually raise them like a pet. My cousin currently has one that's 11 years old and another that's 5 or 6. They're part of the family and play in the yard with the dogs and cats. The older one weighs about 25 pounds... If you're sitting in a chair on the porch, the fat little bastard will hop right up in your lap like a cat and take a nap.

I wouldn't suggest expecting to keep them indoors past a year or two old though. But only because they need a lot of exercise or they'll hide things around the house, and play in the toilet all the time.
That is fun stuff, I had no idea. :-) Like some of the others, I thought they were mean.
[Reply]
Fish 09:58 AM 05-01-2012
Originally Posted by HemiEd:
That is fun stuff, I had no idea. :-) Like some of the others, I thought they were mean.
They're more popular as pets than most people realize. Like I said, ours have always wrestled around with the other dogs and cats like no big deal.

This pit bull doesn't seem to mind...

[Reply]
btlook1 10:04 AM 05-01-2012
Heres a few shots we took last weekend of our current litter...
Attached: mistychief12wk5boys.JPG (252.9 KB) mistychief12wk5flower.JPG (203.1 KB) mistychief12wk5pink.JPG (243.0 KB) 
[Reply]
Frankie 11:23 AM 05-01-2012

Not intentionally trying to be a Debbie Downer, but don't they pick up Rabies rather commonly?
[Reply]
Fish 11:34 AM 05-01-2012
Originally Posted by Frankie:
Not intentionally trying to be a Debbie Downer, but don't they pick up Rabies rather commonly?
Actually dogs and cats are much more susceptible to rabies than raccoons are. You're more likely to get rabies from those furball cats of yours....

Read the Animal Susceptibility section:

http://mdc.mo.gov/landwater-care/ani...rabies-what-do
[Reply]
Frankie 11:36 AM 05-01-2012
Bathroom situation works like this:

Raccoons are actually very smart animals. Smarter than dogs and cats. Their intelligence has often been estimated to be at near primate levels.
So what's the "No no no" at the end all about?

Actually dogs and cats are much more susceptible to rabies than raccoons are. You're more likely to get rabies from those furball cats of yours....

Read the Animal Susceptibility section:

http://mdc.mo.gov/landwater-care/ani...rabies-what-do
looks like all of my Raccoon info was wrong.

BTW, my cats are always strictly indoors and get shots every year, anyway.
[Reply]
Dayze 11:36 AM 05-01-2012
Originally Posted by btlook1:
Heres a few shots we took last weekend of our current litter...
great looking dogs.
:-)
[Reply]
Page 43 of 167
« First < 333940414243 444546475393143 > Last »
Up