ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 136 of 167
« First < 3686126132133134135136 137138139140146 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Pets of Chiefs Planet
pr_capone 01:04 AM 10-22-2006
I know there are some animal lovers here.

Lets see whatcha got.

From left to right:

Suzy (Chow Mix)- 1.5 yrs old
Mandi (Long Haired Miniature Dachshund) - 13 years old
Angie (Dapple Haired Miniature Dachshunds) - 4 years old

Angie is the one that rides the motorcycle with me.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:40 AM 01-01-2020
Originally Posted by Naptown Chief:
I dig it. I think pups in sweaters are adorable. This is my pit mix Diego. He hasn't mauled anyone yet, but I'm told that pits are horrible animals
Killers man, killers.

I love the smile.
[Reply]
Frosty 01:53 PM 01-17-2020
Since the roads are too sucky to go walk on, I've been helping my dog burn energy by throwing a frisbee for her in the snow. Unfortunately, the frisbee went onto the porch roof so we had to resort to a ball. She might have gone face first into a few snowbanks.

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:04 PM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by Frosty:
Since the roads are too sucky to go walk on, I've been helping my dog burn energy by throwing a frisbee for her in the snow. Unfortunately, the frisbee went onto the porch roof so we had to resort to a ball. She might have gone face first into a few snowbanks.

My asshole Rot REFUSES to fetch unless I throw it in the water. Problem is that he still needs to burn energy.

Solution? Treadmill trained his ass. I put him on there once a day or so at about 5 mph for 1-2 miles until that tongue gets lolling and he starts to tick his feet off the back of the platform. I wish it were a little longer so he could get a full 'leap' in at higher speeds instead of the fast trot that he has to do to fit on it, but it is what it is.

Sometimes he just pops right up on it and is ready to go. Other days he looks at it the same way I look at it - "nah, that sounds like a terrible idea..." but eventually he gives in.

The nice thing about the treadmill is that he has to maintain focus to keep from getting shot off the back so it lets him power through some of the 'working dog' instincts as well. It's a job for him and it will engage him.
[Reply]
stumppy 02:17 PM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by Frosty:

:-)

What a face.

I've had the same problem with Dodger for years. He's almost 8 now and is finally starting to settle down. He loves frisbee, and can track and catch with the best of them.
[Reply]
Frosty 02:35 PM 01-17-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
My asshole Rot REFUSES to fetch unless I throw it in the water. Problem is that he still needs to burn energy.

Solution? Treadmill trained his ass. I put him on there once a day or so at about 5 mph for 1-2 miles until that tongue gets lolling and he starts to tick his feet off the back of the platform. I wish it were a little longer so he could get a full 'leap' in at higher speeds instead of the fast trot that he has to do to fit on it, but it is what it is.

Sometimes he just pops right up on it and is ready to go. Other days he looks at it the same way I look at it - "nah, that sounds like a terrible idea..." but eventually he gives in.

The nice thing about the treadmill is that he has to maintain focus to keep from getting shot off the back so it lets him power through some of the 'working dog' instincts as well. It's a job for him and it will engage him.
Aussies get a bad rap for being super high energy but the ones we have just require a few minutes of high energy play here and there and they're fine chillin' the rest of the day. They are ready to go in a heartbeat if you are up to it but fortunately, they have an off switch so don't need hours of exercise every day.

We have a fenced half acre yard so she has room to roam when she wants to. Sometimes she just goes out and gets the zoomies for a few minutes, especially if there is snow. It's nuts how much she likes to run through the snow.

Originally Posted by stumppy:
:-)

What a face.

I've had the same problem with Dodger for years. He's almost 8 now and is finally starting to settle down. He loves frisbee, and can track and catch with the best of them.
Unfortunately, Sky is pretty bad at tracking the frisbees. She is better than she used to be and might catch it a couple of times. It's more likely to bounce off the end of her nose or she'll knock it down with her paws. With those light colored eyes, I'm not sure she sees that well. Our last Aussie was way better at catching.
[Reply]
gblowfish 05:36 PM 02-20-2020
I have some sad news. My best cat friend Meesh Meesh passed away this afternoon. We had him 19 years and he was about a year old when we got him. So he had a very good cat life. It was very hard to see him fade away this week. I stayed up with him all night last night, and he hung in there until he passed away late this afternoon. My wife came home from work and got to spend a couple hours with him. She has to go somewhere tonight, so I sat with him and he passed about a half hour after she left.

He slept next to me every night and was waiting on the arm of the couch for me when I came home every night. He was adorable and shy and had a great personality, particular about his fur and his big fuzzy tail. He had sneezing fits because he was allergic to stuff, and he never meowed but purred loudly when petted. He really loved canned tuna and McDonalds cheeseburgers. Every morning he's get in my lap when I was putting my socks on getting ready to work, and we'd have a couple minutes for hugs and ear scritches. That was our morning routine.

I have a giant hole in my heart. I will miss him desperately.
Attached: meeshdoor2.jpg (121.5 KB) 
[Reply]
GloryDayz 05:57 PM 02-20-2020
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
I have some sad news. My best cat friend Meesh Meesh passed away this afternoon. We had him 19 years and he was about a year old when we got him. So he had a very good cat life. It was very hard to see him fade away this week. I stayed up with him all night last night, and he hung in there until he passed away late this afternoon. My wife came home from work and got to spend a couple hours with him. She has to go somewhere tonight, so I sat with him and he passed about a half hour after she left.

He slept next to me every night and was waiting on the arm of the couch for me when I came home every night. He was adorable and shy and had a great personality, particular about his fur and his big fuzzy tail. He had sneezing fits because he was allergic to stuff, and he never meowed but purred loudly when petted. He really loved canned tuna and McDonalds cheeseburgers. Every morning he's get in my lap when I was putting my socks on getting ready to work, and we'd have a couple minutes for hugs and ear scritches. That was our morning routine.

I'm so sorry to hear that George. Ugh!!!
[Reply]
stumppy 05:58 PM 02-20-2020
Damn George, I'm sorry to hear it. Nothing beats a long time furball companion. Taking care of her for so long and being there at the end for her is the best a person can do.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:00 PM 02-20-2020
I'm sorry, George.

He's with Lamar and DT and Gunther.

He'll tell them how great the Super Bowl was. And what a great pal you were.
[Reply]
Randallflagg 06:03 PM 02-20-2020

I'm sorry for your loss George. We have had to put down several pets over the years, but one in particular, has stayed with me for all time. A little dachshund we named "Elsa".

She died 2 times at birth, lost half of one ear flap (due to circulation in the birth canal) but came through it all - she was determined to be born. We had her for the better part of 12 years. I held her as she took her last breath. To this day (some 4 years later) I still think of her fondly every day.

Hang in there....it does get a little better..
[Reply]
KCUnited 06:08 PM 02-20-2020

I'm sorry for your loss, George. You made Meesh Meesh a CP legend.

Feel like we lost one of our own, RIP.
[Reply]
Cheater5 06:14 PM 02-20-2020
I don’t know you George, but my deepest sympathies to you on the loss of your animal friend and family member.

We just lost the blonde doggo in the pic below (Zuzu); she was a sweet, sweet girl and very sensitive. A joyful happy dog and we miss her terribly.

Huck Finn is the dope sitting in front of the coffee cup. Loveable louse that lives for mischief, and peanut butter and bananas. Happy go lucky, and a sweet boy.
Attached: 93F24B08-CB0C-489F-A9B3-3439B20158AF.jpg (43.9 KB) 661744D9-8EEF-4316-AD4E-2CC157B6D23B.jpg (69.6 KB) 
[Reply]
Randallflagg 06:36 PM 02-20-2020
Couldn't help it...I had to post a pic:

[Reply]
Sorce 07:45 PM 02-20-2020

Sorry to hear that. We recently had to put our dog down. It's never easy.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
REDHOTGTO 07:50 PM 02-20-2020
so sorry george, lost my blue heeler in oct still stings a lot, they are family
[Reply]
Page 136 of 167
« First < 3686126132133134135136 137138139140146 > Last »
Up