ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Nzoner's Game Room>Clowney lowers asking price
JakeF 03:10 PM 04-20-2020
from 20m per to 17/18m per

If Clowney's asking price continues to drop will it affect Chris Jones' contract?
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:53 PM 09-05-2020
Titans remind me of a 1990s Chiefs team.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:53 PM 09-05-2020
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
You don't really judge Clowney on total sacks, he gets a LOT of pressure and 12m for a season is not overpaying. He's not Bosa or anything but he's good
I read the other day that Clowney is actually the 2nd best "pressurer" in the league.

People look at his sack stats and are underwhelmed but apparently when you look at all of the advanced metrics, he's one of the most disruptive players in the league.
[Reply]
Kiimo 08:11 PM 09-05-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I'm sure they'll be good. AFC Championship good? Doubt it. The stars aligned for them last year.

Right but Tannehill played really well and if that's not an anomaly as in they found a system that plays to his strengths and with AJ Brown coming along that could be even better.

Also draft Jonnu Smith, there's my TE sleeper right there.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:13 PM 09-05-2020
Right but Tannehill played really well and if that's not an anomaly as in they found a system that plays to his strengths and with AJ Brown coming along that could be even better.

Also draft Jonnu Smith, there's my TE sleeper right there.
I'm just not convinced that Henry can be as dominant as he was down the stretch last year and if he's not, that puts more pressure on Tannehill. The guy had an unreal year in terms of protecting the ball. A couple more turnovers here or there and they might not even make the playoffs the way they play.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:14 PM 09-05-2020
And yes, with Walker retiring, Smith is set for a big year.
[Reply]
Kiimo 08:15 PM 09-05-2020
OH they can't beat US. But I like them more than some teams people love to pump up like Pittsburgh or Indy
[Reply]
htismaqe 10:06 PM 09-05-2020
OH they can't beat US. But I like them more than some teams people love to pump up like Pittsburgh or Indy
I think Pittsburgh has a better chance of improving than Tennessee does of repeating what they did last year.

Don't get me wrong, nobody in the AFC is "scary" but Tennessee in many ways caught lightning in a bottle last year. I really don't see what people see in the Colts either. They're built to play Martyball with a QB that doesn't know how to protect the football.

Everybody expects Baltimore to be the main contender but I just don't see it. Then had the 2nd best continuity rating in the league last year (meaning they had the 2nd fewest plays lost to injury), they've had turnover on defense and Lamar Jackson is, well, Lamar Jackson.

The AFC is prime for some change and I just think that team is Pittsburgh this year.
[Reply]
kccrow 08:11 AM 09-06-2020
Pittsburgh with Big Ben is a handful so I never write them off when he's healthy. With him looking, possibly, at his last season you know he's going to ball out.

I don't think the Titans have a sustainable format there. Without Henry being insane, they don't sniff the playoffs. It's rare a RB puts up back-to-back years like he just had.

I think Indy is a team to look out for. Rivers might shit the bed often enough, but he's far more than good enough to make that team contend for a playoff spot and way better of a QB than Brisett. That's a team that beat us with as shitty a performance from a QB as you can have. They added Jonathan Taylor to committee with Mack and Michael Pittman at WR, so they have some talent on offense now. Adding Buckner to that pass rush was huge. They were already a good team against the run, but relatively poor against the pass. If adding Xavier Rhodes and TJ Carrie to go with Buckner turns that pass defense around, I'd say look out. They were 7-9 and Tennessee was 9-7. Not hard to fathom that switching around. And who's to say the Texans are going to stay atop that division? Watson is a good QB and that defense has some solid pieces, but they aren't that good. Giving away their top WR could prove a really bad move.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:46 PM 09-06-2020
This is actually pretty neat. Saints were trying to pull a sign and trade.

According to sources informed of the talks, the Saints didn’t feel they could compete financially with the Titans’ offer – $12 million, plus $3 million in incentives – given budgetary reasons. So, they approached another team to find a workaround. (Sources didn’t confirm the other team, which hereafter is referred to as “Team X”, but it is believed to be the Cleveland Browns, who have ample cap space and a front office known for having a propensity for creativity, most memorably on display in their 2016 trade for quarterback Brock Osweiler.)

The sides discussed parameters of a deal in which Team X would’ve signed Clowney to a one-year, $15 million contract and paid him a $5 million signing bonus. Then, Team X would’ve immediately traded Clowney to the Saints, who would’ve sent Team X a second-round draft pick, as well as a player to take additional salary off New Orleans’ books. The Saints would’ve paid Clowney’s remaining $10 million salary.
[Reply]
Valiant 10:25 PM 09-06-2020
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
This is actually pretty neat. Saints were trying to pull a sign and trade.

According to sources informed of the talks, the Saints didn’t feel they could compete financially with the Titans’ offer – $12 million, plus $3 million in incentives – given budgetary reasons. So, they approached another team to find a workaround. (Sources didn’t confirm the other team, which hereafter is referred to as “Team X”, but it is believed to be the Cleveland Browns, who have ample cap space and a front office known for having a propensity for creativity, most memorably on display in their 2016 trade for quarterback Brock Osweiler.)

The sides discussed parameters of a deal in which Team X would’ve signed Clowney to a one-year, $15 million contract and paid him a $5 million signing bonus. Then, Team X would’ve immediately traded Clowney to the Saints, who would’ve sent Team X a second-round draft pick, as well as a player to take additional salary off New Orleans’ books. The Saints would’ve paid Clowney’s remaining $10 million salary.
The nfl allowing this would of opened up some power for nfl teams on free agents. Sad it was nixed.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 10:28 PM 09-06-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I think Pittsburgh has a better chance of improving than Tennessee does of repeating what they did last year.

Don't get me wrong, nobody in the AFC is "scary" but Tennessee in many ways caught lightning in a bottle last year. I really don't see what people see in the Colts either. They're built to play Martyball with a QB that doesn't know how to protect the football.

Everybody expects Baltimore to be the main contender but I just don't see it. Then had the 2nd best continuity rating in the league last year (meaning they had the 2nd fewest plays lost to injury), they've had turnover on defense and Lamar Jackson is, well, Lamar Jackson.

The AFC is prime for some change and I just think that team is Pittsburgh this year.
Urinating Tree summed up the Thumbtacks succinctly, . . . jobbers to the stars.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Up