ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 49 of 53
« First < 394546474849 50515253 >
Nzoner's Game Room>What's up with Mecole Hardman?
carcosa 06:00 PM 10-19-2020
Pringle was getting all the snaps down the stretch. Is he in the doghouse? (I'm only partially asking because I started him in fantasy thinking he'd get some looks with Watkins out)

Seems like he's regressed a lot this season, unfortunately...
[Reply]
Easy 6 10:51 AM 02-13-2021
Originally Posted by milkshock:
we only have one
Shammy has the talent, and we were able to work around his glass vagina just fine last year

But yes I get your point, he needs replaced and Mecole can stick around as speedy depth
[Reply]
ChiefRocka 10:55 AM 02-13-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
I totally get the frustration with him, but no team in the league has starting caliber talent at all 5 receiver spots
Its all about dependability for me, hot route, fumbles in the most critical games. Same with DRob. Get em out.
[Reply]
kccrow 10:58 AM 02-13-2021
Hardman is a really good slot receiver.

Disappointment comes in expectations that he'll ever be more than that. He doesn't need to be "just because" he was a 2nd round pick.

Add a good #2 to this offense and it remains as lethal as it can be, obviously dependent upon the OLine giving Pat time to throw them the ball.
[Reply]
Easy 6 11:04 AM 02-13-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefRocka:
Its all about dependability for me, hot route, fumbles in the most critical games. Same with DRob. Get em out.
Opinions on him certainly vary, my hope is that year 3 is where it starts coming together
[Reply]
OKchiefs 01:00 PM 02-13-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Hardman is a really good slot receiver.

Disappointment comes in expectations that he'll ever be more than that. He doesn't need to be "just because" he was a 2nd round pick.

Add a good #2 to this offense and it remains as lethal as it can be, obviously dependent upon the OLine giving Pat time to throw them the ball.
To me a good slot receiver should not just be someone fast but someone adept at finding a hole in the zone to convert on 3rd down. Hardman is nowhere near good enough at route running to be considered a good slot receiver, he’s still a gadget receiver/deep threat who you can’t even trust on special teams.
[Reply]
milkshock 01:03 PM 02-13-2021
We need a serious no.2 opposite Hill, and Hardman has to be off the field completely.

A 2nd round pick should have a decent shot of making it as a no.2 receiver, Hardman is nowhere near that.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:10 PM 02-13-2021
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
To me a good slot receiver should not just be someone fast but someone adept at finding a hole in the zone to convert on 3rd down. Hardman is nowhere near good enough at route running to be considered a good slot receiver, he’s still a gadget receiver/deep threat who you can’t even trust on special teams.
A good slot receiver in this offense is going to get you about 500 yards and 5-6 TD’s. That’s about as much as you could expect with Kelce and Hill taking up most of the targets.

Basically, the same production you’ve gotten from Hardman in his first 2 years.

That’s without him doing all of the little things that a slot receiver does. It’s entirely possible that he can improve and become a better all-around WR, but his big play ability alone gives you about the same production.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:17 PM 02-13-2021
Originally Posted by milkshock:
We need a serious no.2 opposite Hill, and Hardman has to be off the field completely.

A 2nd round pick should have a decent shot of making it as a no.2 receiver, Hardman is nowhere near that.
50% of 2nd round picks are busts. There were WR’s in that draft like Arcega-Whiteside and Parris Campbell that have done absolutely nothing. Hardman has 1,000+ yards and 10+ TD’s.

If you get a solid #3 WR and a starting FS in the 2nd round with your 2 picks, you’re doing good.

Hardman’s story isn’t finished like a lot of you want to assume either. It’s been 2 years and the guy has only been playing WR for like 4. Being so young and new to the position, it’s entirely possible that he can still get better.
[Reply]
RealSNR 01:28 PM 02-13-2021
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Make all excuses you want hut Hardman was clearly a bad pick. We just got embarrassed in the Super Bowl. Gotta get better and I'm sure Veach would say the same thing.
I'm not making excuses, nor am I defending the Hardman pick. I'm saying to all the bitches crying about DK Metcalf: "Welcome to the NFL Draft. You must be new here, assholes."

Ever see those random articles "Redrafting the ____ draft" where the blank is any random year? The first round that they redraft is littered with dudes taken in the 2nd round and far beyond. Frequently there are a couple of undrafted guys on those lists. Guess what that means? Your team probably fucked up by letting ANY of those guys fall as far as they did. Even if you got a quality player out of your draft like a starting OL or whatever, you probably fucked up.

That's EVERY team. DK Metcalf is just one example of a player that 31 teams fucked up on in one particular year. These guys can only go to one team, and if they fall to the 3rd round, that means EVERYBODY fucked up.

You can criticize the Chiefs for fucking up their scouting of Hardman if you think he's a bust. That's fine. But criticizing them for not seeing a 3rd round WR turning into what he did makes you sound like Deberg.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:56 PM 02-13-2021
DK Metcalf wasn't a 3rd rounder though.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 01:59 PM 02-13-2021
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
Hardman is good at returns

:-)
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:00 PM 02-13-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
:-)
To be fair, he was a pro bowl returner his rookie year.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:01 PM 02-13-2021
I’m so sick of hearing about DK fucking Metcalf. Wow we missed on the same as every other team that passed on him at least once, mostly twice.

And it’s not like Hardman is Breeland Speaks.

Whoopty doo. You know that the Seahawks missed Travis Kelce? They picked right before us and guess who they picked? A RB that is out of the league.

Newsflash. We’re gonna miss on guys like every team has misses.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 02:03 PM 02-13-2021
Mahomes & Hardman have no chemistry. Can that be improved? Sure

Hardman doesn’t seem to have any awareness of what the defense is doing. Mahomes reads the defense & expects his WR’s to do the same.

He’s a gadget player. That’s all he will ever be.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:09 PM 02-13-2021
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
Mahomes & Hardman have no chemistry. Can that be improved? Sure

Hardman doesn’t seem to have any awareness of what the defense is doing. Mahomes reads the defense & expects his WR’s to do the same.

He’s a gadget player. That’s all he will ever be.
After his performance in the Super Bowl it's hard to disagree.
[Reply]
Page 49 of 53
« First < 394546474849 50515253 >
Up